Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 151

Thread: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    If I did I wouldnt have asked. An argument consists of more than just presenting facts.
    That.....is true. Also as is facts ending one argument. Only to bring another.

  2. #62
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I will go out on a limb here and guess that aging boomer (Vietnam?) veterans coupled with those from the never ending war on terror are significant factors. What seems to be happening is that veterans care facility capability is not growing as fast as number of eligible veterans seeking care is. The lying about VA care delays is likely tied to "performance bonus" money given to those facilities that look best on paper or to make it appear that more money in the VA budget translates to better care.
    I think you're right about that, however, another huge burden that has been added in just the past few months is that Obama has destroyed the private insurance of many veterans and/or their employers and so their only choice now is to go to the VA or pay a fortune for Obamacare. So they go to the VA.

    These are veterans that would have been just as happy working within the private system, but Obama has now forced them into a permanent dependence upon government.

  3. #63
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,691

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    I think you're right about that, however, another huge burden that has been added in just the past few months is that Obama has destroyed the private insurance of many veterans and/or their employers and so their only choice now is to go to the VA or pay a fortune for Obamacare. So they go to the VA.

    These are veterans that would have been just as happy working within the private system, but Obama has now forced them into a permanent dependence upon government.
    As much as I detest the PPACA law, I must disagree; the loss of jobs has had much more of an affect on "other insurance" as well as the financial means to get other individual "private" care. Throwing much more money at basically the same number of VA care providers is much like getting nine women together and then demanding a baby in one month. VA should be converted to a voucher option system, similar to Medicare, allowing the use of care at many more facilities.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #64
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    As much as I detest the PPACA law, I must disagree; the loss of jobs has had much more of an affect on "other insurance" as well as the financial means to get other individual "private" care. Throwing much more money at basically the same number of VA care providers is much like getting nine women together and then demanding a baby in one month. VA should be converted to a voucher option system, similar to Medicare, allowing the use of care at many more facilities.
    I just don't see your reasoning there. Why would anyone who has just lost their company or private insurance pay $300-$500 a month for an Obamacare exchange endorsed policy with a huge deductible when they can go to the VA for much cheaper care?
    Last edited by Ray410; 05-21-14 at 08:28 PM.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well.....his one problem with Benghazi was.....He knew what was going on and even before the Month of Sept. Like here.....he knew this was going on as was shown earlier. But as you stated.....never stayed on top of it. This was pushed to the back burner. Like Jobs were.

    If the CIA didn't know who was the behind the Benghazi attack the night that it happened, then why would Obama know?

    If nobody knew that a few people were cooking the books at the VA then why would Obama know before they were caught?

    Take a look at this list of people who were caught ripping off the VA....

    Investigations Press Releases

    Somebody must be doing their job for such a long list of convictions. So whoever got caught this time will likely face prison time, too. That list also suggests that it's "we the people" that are ripping off the VA....not the government.
    Last edited by Moot; 05-21-14 at 08:49 PM.

  6. #66
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,691

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    I just don't see your reasoning there. Why would anyone who has just lost their company or private insurance pay $300-$500 a month for an Obamacare exchange endorsed policy with a huge deductible when they can go to the VA for much cheaper care?
    The dead folks had attempted to get care up to a year ago, not only since PPACA (sort of) took effect. The price/quality of VA care is not the issue - it is the wait for it.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #67
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,691

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    If the CIA didn't know who was the behind the Benghazi attack the night that it happened, then why would Obama know?

    If nobody knew that a few people were cooking the books at the VA then why would Obama know before they were caught?

    Take a look at this list of people who were caught ripping off the VA....

    Investigations Press Releases

    Somebody must be doing their job for such a long list of convictions. That list also suggests that it's "we the people" that are ripping off the VA....not the government.
    Gosh, let's Google "VA + convictions" and say that lots of hits makes this all OK. WTF does that have to do with the VA denying vets the care that they deserve?

    From your silly posted link:

    USDOJ: US Attorney's Office - Eastern District of Virginia

    USDOJ: US Attorney's Office - Southern District of Ohio
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 05-21-14 at 08:53 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #68
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Gosh, let's Google "VA + convictions" and say that lots of hits makes this all OK. WTF does that have to do with the VA denying vets the care that they deserve?

    From your silly posted link:

    USDOJ: US Attorney's Office - Eastern District of Virginia
    It has to do with the conversation I was having with MMC.

    Anthony R. Bilby, 40, of Leesburg, Va., was sentenced today to 16 months in prison, followed by two years of supervised release, for conspiracy to commit wire fraud and major government fraud. Bilby also was ordered to forfeit $1,065,103.90, representing his personal proceeds from the conspiracy.....

    Bilby pleaded guilty on December 2, 2013. According to court documents, from April 2007 through November 2012, while Bilby was employed by two service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses, he participated in a conspiracy to obtain government contracts through fraud and misrepresentation.
    Why is that silly, ttwtt?

  9. #69
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Again, the White House claims the president learned of the VA scandal through news reports... Is this president an out-of-touch idiot, or a calculated habitual liar?

    JIM ACOSTA, CNN: When was the president first made aware of these problems? Of these fraudulent lists that were being kept to hide the wait times, when was he first made aware of those problems? And when did other White House officials, top White House officials, become aware of these problems?

    JAY CARNEY: When you say these problems, the fact that there have been bureaucracies --

    ACOSTA: The delays have been known for some time.

    CARNEY: You mean the specific allegations that I think were reported first by your news network out of Phoenix, I believe. We learned about them through the reports. I will double check if that is not the case.


    You can see the exchange here:

    Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports | Video | RealClearPolitics

    This is the classic (and awful) dilemma for a WH in trouble. Do they admit to being idiots or liars?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    If the CIA didn't know who was the behind the Benghazi attack the night that it happened, then why would Obama know?

    If nobody knew that a few people were cooking the books at the VA then why would Obama know before they were caught?

    Take a look at this list of people who were caught ripping off the VA....

    Investigations Press Releases

    Somebody must be doing their job for such a long list of convictions. So whoever got caught this time will likely face prison time, too. That list also suggests that it's "we the people" that are ripping off the VA....not the government.


    The CIA did know.....as did the State Dept and BO. Which not only our news sources validate that but so to our own Governments Depts and or Agencies.....but so to overseas news sources.

    Why.....because it has been Team BO and the Democrats that have brought the majority of Regulations over Vets. In all areas. Including TOP ranking Officers for Misconduct.

    I know of several and the one that got busted in Florida who even received charitable trips across the country. Taking the place of True Vets who deserved the Honors and Respect.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •