Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 151

Thread: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

  1. #51
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Moot. It appears to have kept getting worse under BO?


    Veteran Affairs Dept Budget

    2014: $154B
    2006: $73B

    Wait Time in Days for Care

    2014: 360
    2012: 255
    2010: 115
    2008: 110

    US VA Affairs data.....snip~


    Now.....it has been shown that from 2007. That BO knew some of it back then. But it still doesn't explain why things kept getting worse every year Obama has been in Office. That's just on the wait times alone.
    Hi MMC

    The accounting fraud by someone in the VA might explain part of the long wait time but a huge influx of wounded veterans that the VA wasn't prepared for might explain most of it, as well as a lack of doctors. The doctors at the VA in SLC work pro bono and others work as part of an agreement to pay off their college debt and only stay on average about two years. The wait time for an appointment there is one month and so my dad goes in every month to have his meds checked.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The accounting fraud by someone in the VA might explain part of the long wait time but a huge influx of wounded veterans that the VA wasn't prepared for might explain most of it, as well as a lack of doctors. The doctors at the VA in SLC work pro bono and others work as part of an agreement to pay off their college debt and only stay on average about two years. The wait time for an appointment there is one month and so my dad goes in every month to have his meds checked.
    Well it can't be denied these wait times have increased under BO.....yet it is BO throwing out all those Platitudes of the afterthought. Considering one of his big concerns and MO's to, was Veterans and the issue of PTSD.

    Which many are in need of medications.....which they just can't seem to get filled. Or seen....to know whats going on with themselves.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    The VA health care system is a single payer system and evidence has now surfaced that it also has a "Death Panel."

    Every week something surfaces showing that Sarah Palin had the talk and the walk.
    You are absolutely right.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Hi MMC

    The accounting fraud by someone in the VA might explain part of the long wait time but a huge influx of wounded veterans that the VA wasn't prepared for might explain most of it, as well as a lack of doctors. The doctors at the VA in SLC work pro bono and others work as part of an agreement to pay off their college debt and only stay on average about two years. The wait time for an appointment there is one month and so my dad goes in every month to have his meds checked.
    How on earth would Obama's VA NOT be ready for the influx of vets? He RAN on ending the wars, and he has had 6 years. Wars have ended in the past, and the VA was able to continue functioning. Frankly, the number of military men and women leaving active duty today is small compared to the numbers in prior conflicts.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well it can't be denied these wait times have increased under BO.....yet it is BO throwing out all those Platitudes of the afterthought. Considering one of his big concerns and MO's to, was Veterans and the issue of PTSD.

    Which many are in need of medications.....which they just can't seem to get filled. Or seen....to know whats going on with themselves.
    I'm pretty sure Obama cares about the veterans, but he has to trust that the people who work at the VA do, too. I am a little disappointed that he didn't personally address this issue over a month ago when it first came to light....but I don't think the delay is as nefarious as many would like it to be. He probably learned that from Benghazi not to make a statement until he knew what was really going on. He's damned if does and he's damned if doesn't.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    You don't think it speaks for itself.....with Government under BO?
    If I did I wouldnt have asked. An argument consists of more than just presenting facts.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    How on earth would Obama's VA NOT be ready for the influx of vets? He RAN on ending the wars, and he has had 6 years. Wars have ended in the past, and the VA was able to continue functioning. Frankly, the number of military men and women leaving active duty today is small compared to the numbers in prior conflicts.
    I think it might have something to do with the type of injuries that the vets are getting such head traumas that require long term care. And too, modern medicine can keep more vets alive than in previous wars....and that cost a lot more time and money than in previous wars as well. I just don't think it's as simple as you want to make it out to be.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    I have already told you what you did when you came into the thread. We need not repeat it. And answering a question with a question is just diversion on your part. Have a nice day, I see there is no point recognizing you exist.
    A diversion on my part is asking you to address the topic of the thread? The same one you were spewing about but not addressing earlier? Couched in the ad homs? You say you are departing now? Oh I wonder wonder wonder why that came to be? To quote the great Takei, oh my. Saynoara.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I think it might have something to do with the type of injuries that the vets are getting such head traumas that require long term care. And too, modern medicine can keep more vets alive than in previous wars....and that cost a lot more time and money than in previous wars as well. I just don't think it's as simple as you want to make it out to be.
    TBI does not explain the delays. People are waiting a year for BASIC services. Obama has had 6 years, even more time than the ACA which he also bumbled.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Carney: White House Learned About VA Scandal From News Reports[W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I'm pretty sure Obama cares about the veterans, but he has to trust that the people who work at the VA do, too. I am a little disappointed that he didn't personally address this issue over a month ago when it first came to light....but I don't think the delay is as nefarious as many would like it to be. He probably learned that from Benghazi not to make a statement until he knew what was really going on. He's damned if does and he's damned if doesn't.
    Well.....his one problem with Benghazi was.....He knew what was going on and even before the Month of Sept. Like here.....he knew this was going on as was shown earlier. But as you stated.....never stayed on top of it. This was pushed to the back burner. Like Jobs were.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •