Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Why did an energy firm with big assets in Ukraine hire Joe Bidenís son?

  1. #31
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Why did an energy firm with big assets in Ukraine hire Joe Bidenís son?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Really and since when did cronyism/nepotism become a dirty word for conservatives?

    Was it before baby Bush got elected or after?

    Bush was not a conservative.And how many of his kids and other relatives got sweet deals overseas due to our interference in those countries?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #32
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Why did an energy firm with big assets in Ukraine hire Joe Bidenís son?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Wow better then a community organizer huh? So if he is so accomplished how much of our billion dollar hand out will he be taking home?
    Neither of those two sentences have anything to do with what I said. Most of what he has accomplished really can't be done through handouts. How does one apply for a handout for starting their own law firm? How do NGOs get handouts? If your biggest complaint about him is that he's successful and he has connections in government, I suggest you start complaining about anybody with a substantially higher income like the good socialist you seem to be. Hating the rich for being rich and well connect? Tsk, tsk. Socialist talk.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Why did an energy firm with big assets in Ukraine hire Joe Bidenís son?

    Maybe those "sentences" were not sentences at all but questions! Shocking I know it's just not right to question someone in the regime of the most transparent admin in history how they might be handing out a share of a billion dollars of our money to one of their favored sons!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Neither of those two sentences have anything to do with what I said. Most of what he has accomplished really can't be done through handouts. How does one apply for a handout for starting their own law firm? How do NGOs get handouts? If your biggest complaint about him is that he's successful and he has connections in government, I suggest you start complaining about anybody with a substantially higher income like the good socialist you seem to be. Hating the rich for being rich and well connect? Tsk, tsk. Socialist talk.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Why did an energy firm with big assets in Ukraine hire Joe Bidenís son?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    1. Maybe those "sentences" were not sentences at all but questions! 2. Shocking I know it's just not right to question someone in the regime of the most transparent admin in history how they might be handing out a share of a billion dollars of our money to one of their favored sons! 3.
    1. Questions are types of sentences, and neither of them have anything to do with what I stated.
    2. They gave a share of 1 billion dollars to this guy? Show us: When, why, and for what. If you can't, you're making much ado about nothing.
    3. I'm glad you finally gave up your nonsense that this is just someone's "boy". I'd hate to ask you how many law firms you've founded or how many NGOs you've been asked to join or just what you do for a living that puts you in such a position that you can degrade someone else's work.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 05-20-14 at 07:06 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #35
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Why did an energy firm with big assets in Ukraine hire Joe Bidenís son?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Bush was not a conservative.
    Revisionist history.


    And how many of his kids and other relatives got sweet deals overseas due to our interference in those countries?
    Bush's older brother Neil Bush, was involved in the Keating Savings and Loan Scandal....

    Silverado Savings and Loan collapsed in 1988, costing taxpayers $1.3 billion. Neil Bush, son of then Vice President of the United States George H. W. Bush, was on the Board of Directors of Silverado at the time. Neil Bush was accused of giving himself a loan from Silverado, but he denied all wrongdoing.[29]

    The U.S. Office of Thrift Supervision investigated Silverado's failure and determined that Neil Bush had engaged in numerous "breaches of his fiduciary duties involving multiple conflicts of interest." Although Bush was not indicted on criminal charges, a civil action was brought against him and the other Silverado directors by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; it was eventually settled out of court, with Bush paying $50,000 as part of the settlement, the Washington Post reported.[30]

    As a director of a failing thrift, Bush voted to approve $100 million in what were ultimately bad loans to two of his business partners. And in voting for the loans, he failed to inform fellow board members at Silverado Savings & Loan that the loan applicants were his business partners.[citation needed]

    Neil Bush paid a $50,000 fine, paid for him by Republican supporters,[31] and was banned from banking activities for his role in taking down Silverado, which cost taxpayers $1.3 billion. A Resolution Trust Corporation Suit against Bush and other officers of Silverado was settled in 1991 for $26.5 million.....
    Savings and loan crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Let me know when Kerry and Durbin's sons break the law and I'll be sure to vote against their fathers.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Why did an energy firm with big assets in Ukraine hire Joe Bidenís son?

    So as a tax payer, a citizen, I am not allowed to question what one does for a living when that one signs on to be a member of a board of directors in a foreign corporation in a nation about to receive my tax dollars handed to them in the form of "aid." And that corporation is one that is very likely to be a serious beneficiary of our tax dollar gift? Really? I got news for you, our nation is still free, and if I want to question the "boy" and his potential for rewards from our tax dollars I can all that I want. I do not have to have founded a law firm, been invited into anything or done anything to your satisfaction to enjoy my FREEDOM to question such a maneuver for personal gain with our tax dollars.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    1. Questions are types of sentences, and neither of them have anything to do with what I stated.
    2. They gave a share of 1 billion dollars to this guy? Show us: When, why, and for what. If you can't, you're making much ado about nothing.
    3. I'm glad you finally gave up your nonsense that this is just someone's "boy". I'd hate to ask you how many law firms you've founded or how many NGOs you've been asked to join or just what you do for a living that puts you in such a position that you can degrade someone else's work.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Why did an energy firm with big assets in Ukraine hire Joe Bidenís son?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    So as a tax payer, a citizen, I am not allowed to question what one does for a living when that one signs on to be a member of a board of directors in a foreign corporation in a nation about to receive my tax dollars handed to them in the form of "aid." And that corporation is one that is very likely to be a serious beneficiary of our tax dollar gift? Really? I got news for you, our nation is still free, and if I want to question the "boy" and his potential for rewards from our tax dollars I can all that I want. I do not have to have founded a law firm, been invited into anything or done anything to your satisfaction to enjoy my FREEDOM to question such a maneuver for personal gain with our tax dollars.
    I have put in different colors all the parts of this post so that you understand just how flakey your argument is:

    Blue: You being a taxpayer has nothing to do with what you've previously stated. Neither do either of the previous sentences (questions) you asked about him.

    Red
    : Ukraine received foreign aid LONG before this crisis. If you knew a bit of history, you'd have realized that former members of the soviet union have been on the tax dollar's dime since Reagan kicked the Berlin Wall down with his

    Green:
    This substantiated by what? It's a private company that managed to survive since 2002. I'm sure they don't really need US foreign aid and if they took advantage of it, so what? Are you suggesting it'd be better for a company with ties to Putin to take advantage of that same foreign money? I'm not really sure what your problem is with US citizens looking after US foreign interests, but if it's to support some pro-Russian nonsense, you better state it.

    Black: Irrelevant, what has been asked is that you substantiate how this guy is somehow the product of a handout anymore than you are. As you have failed to even show that this independently successful man is a "boy" in any sense of the word, your diatribe about 'Murica is unwarranted.

    Cyan
    : Please show us how his company will take advantage of US foreign aid. I will wait.

    Your arguments are extremely weak and reliant on an approach just slightly more verbose than "What if". The fact that you refuse to even show any plans or attempts by this company to take advantage of US foreign aid shows that this is nothing more than a guilty by association strategy. I mean, even if you showed that Hunter Biden will eventually lobby the US for contracts, it would be well within his constitutional rights. However, you're not even sure what he's going to do, you have no idea who he is as a person and you refuse to address the rebuttals made to your rant. Simply saying "maybe", won't get you anywhere with me. I like facts, not suppositions because suppositions are as dishonest as it gets when attacking someone. However, now I have some questions for you and I have taken the liberty of showing what you will answer:

    1. When did Hunter Biden get a share of "a billion dollars"? (He didn't.)
    2. Would this company get a share of that billion dollars in other scenarios simply because of the nature of the work it does? (If you consider that energy companies would get help from American governments REGARDLESS of party in place, yes.)
    3. How is Hunter Biden's work for this company a negative for the US? (It isn't as current US policies advocate for less dependence on Russia and the creation of jobs for Americans working the energy sector.)

    So what do we have at the end? Well, we have:

    You, complaining that this "boy" is where he is thanks to his connections. However, as a fact: This "boy" just happens to be a pretty successful man who was successful before he joined this company.
    You, claiming that the company will get its hands on US foreign aid. However, as a fact: You've shown no evidence of such.
    You, writing about your freedoms: However, as a fact: They (your freedoms) have nothing to do with the matter at hand.

    I honest to god hope you don't plan to debate me again, it'd be a shame to rip your unsubstantiated suppositions apart.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 05-20-14 at 11:42 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Why did an energy firm with big assets in Ukraine hire Joe Bidenís son?

    When you end a " debate " the way you did in this post you show true left wing fascism. You are no better then me, but you have tried to say I can't complain, I can't question the use of my tax money, or even be critical of your beloved regime. Guess what this isn't Iran, Cuba, or Venezuela and I am free to complain about the regime and it's minions like bidens boy all I want.

    1. Bidens boy is given a lob in the Ukrain for their largest energy producer,
    2. Our regime hand the Ukrain " added " aid of a billion US dollars not freshly minted but from our tax dollars.
    3. I feel very comfortable with the claim bidens boy will get some of that money and benefit from our " distribution"

    You can pretend this is fine and good all you want. It just makes you a part of the most transparent regime ever to dictate it's way in America.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I have put in different colors all the parts of this post so that you understand just how flakey your argument is:

    Blue: You being a taxpayer has nothing to do with what you've previously stated. Neither do either of the previous sentences (questions) you asked about him.

    Red
    : Ukraine received foreign aid LONG before this crisis. If you knew a bit of history, you'd have realized that former members of the soviet union have been on the tax dollar's dime since Reagan kicked the Berlin Wall down with his

    Green:
    This substantiated by what? It's a private company that managed to survive since 2002. I'm sure they don't really need US foreign aid and if they took advantage of it, so what? Are you suggesting it'd be better for a company with ties to Putin to take advantage of that same foreign money? I'm not really sure what your problem is with US citizens looking after US foreign interests, but if it's to support some pro-Russian nonsense, you better state it.

    Black: Irrelevant, what has been asked is that you substantiate how this guy is somehow the product of a handout anymore than you are. As you have failed to even show that this independently successful man is a "boy" in any sense of the word, your diatribe about 'Murica is unwarranted.

    Cyan
    : Please show us how his company will take advantage of US foreign aid. I will wait.

    Your arguments are extremely weak and reliant on an approach just slightly more verbose than "What if". The fact that you refuse to even show any plans or attempts by this company to take advantage of US foreign aid shows that this is nothing more than a guilty by association strategy. I mean, even if you showed that Hunter Biden will eventually lobby the US for contracts, it would be well within his constitutional rights. However, you're not even sure what he's going to do, you have no idea who he is as a person and you refuse to address the rebuttals made to your rant. Simply saying "maybe", won't get you anywhere with me. I like facts, not suppositions because suppositions are as dishonest as it gets when attacking someone. However, now I have some questions for you and I have taken the liberty of showing what you will answer:

    1. When did Hunter Biden get a share of "a billion dollars"? (He didn't.)
    2. Would this company get a share of that billion dollars in other scenarios simply because of the nature of the work it does? (If you consider that energy companies would get help from American governments REGARDLESS of party in place, yes.)
    3. How is Hunter Biden's work for this company a negative for the US? (It isn't as current US policies advocate for less dependence on Russia and the creation of jobs for Americans working the energy sector.)

    So what do we have at the end? Well, we have:

    You, complaining that this "boy" is where he is thanks to his connections. However, as a fact: This "boy" just happens to be a pretty successful man who was successful before he joined this company.
    You, claiming that the company will get its hands on US foreign aid. However, as a fact: You've shown no evidence of such.
    You, writing about your freedoms: However, as a fact: They (your freedoms) have nothing to do with the matter at hand.

    I honest to god hope you don't plan to debate me again, it'd be a shame to rip your unsubstantiated suppositions apart.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Why did an energy firm with big assets in Ukraine hire Joe Bidenís son?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    When you end a " debate " the way you did in this post you show true left wing fascism.
    You end a debate when the other side has no argument. The only thing you have said that is true and verifiable is that Hunter Biden is Joe Biden's son. That being the case, and considering you have no argument in any tangible sense of the word, this debate is over. However, when you've got anything other than the proverbial hunch, I gladly welcome you to return to this thread and present the evidence of wrongdoing. A hunch, if your unsubstantiated claims and rants can be called that, is not a debate argument.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Why did an energy firm with big assets in Ukraine hire Joe Bidenís son?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Maybe those "sentences" were not sentences at all but questions! Shocking I know it's just not right to question someone in the regime of the most transparent admin in history how they might be handing out a share of a billion dollars of our money to one of their favored sons!
    Just look at it as a Ukrainian stimulus plan.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •