Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 327

Thread: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

  1. #41
    User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-23-14 @ 08:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    147

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    So now you prove for all you don't know what nuance or strawman is. Good work!
    Actually...you're the one that proved that you have no idea what you're talking about. Nice work!

  2. #42
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  3. #43
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Because I believe minimum wage should be increased.
    Everyone believes that. Just at a normal market rate. But I'm all for destroying the fast food market. So I guess I'm with you guys (socialists). This might be a first.

  4. #44
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    So now you prove for all you don't know what nuance or strawman is. Good work!
    Actually I'm just laughing at your sad attempt at forming an argument. Your only solution is to informally circumvent established policies, that could risk the employment of the said employee, rather than a legitimate course of action. Your argument is silly fallacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Yes, two progressive left wing outlets say their political ideological wants can trump economic reality. Color me shocked.

    Hard work, education, sacrifice and smart decision making will lift you further, why do you want to coddle mediocrity?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #46
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,081

  7. #47
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Everyone believes that. Just at a normal market rate. But I'm all for destroying the fast food market. So I guess I'm with you guys (socialists). This might be a first.
    Many economist disagree with the supposed backlash of increased wages.

    Minimum wage hike gets boost by 75 economists - Jan. 14, 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  8. #48
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by law View Post
    Umm no. A user indicated their support for the minimum wage increase and your response (which you still seem quite adamant about for some reason) is that they should actually go and pay the fast food workers. This is your logic, your planet. Not planet earth where we can actually support policies without needing to physically enact them ourselves.

    And plus what kind of logic is it to tell somebody to pay a fast food worker when they want ALL fast food workers to have a higher basic pay? And somehow you think being a military vet excuses you from this fallacious reasoning?
    You new, so I'll give you a break. The thread isn't about just raising the minimum wage in one city or one state, but for fast food workers in several countries. Note the title of the thread. A member here indicated they supported that struggle. So step up while those workers are engaged in the struggle. Help them make their nut. I didn't suggest you tip just one worker when you visit a FF joint, but ALL of them. Enough of you talkers start walking the support talk and the workers will have a much easier go of it.

    I really wanted to see the depths of what you call "support". About thimble deep it appears.

    And my veterans status was only revealed to answer your insipid use of strawman.

    Please, don't speak of logic when you aren't on sound logical ground, it only makes you appear as you appear now.
    Last edited by clownboy; 05-15-14 at 10:13 PM.

  9. #49
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Yes, two progressive left wing outlets say their political ideological wants can trump economic reality. Color me shocked.

    Hard work, education, sacrifice and smart decision making will lift you further, why do you want to coddle mediocrity?
    With raising tuition costs. College is become more of a distant dream for low income individuals.
    Last edited by Zinthaniel; 05-15-14 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  10. #50
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Many economist disagree with the supposed backlash of increased wages.
    I'm sticking with common sense. Go ahead, make it $15, I'll be happy when the fast food market no longer exists.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •