Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 327

Thread: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

  1. #31
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Again, you've worked in the industry, you should know how to tip those workers without triggering management. I've done it, I know for a fact it's possible. Your support only seems to last until you reach your first obstacle. I'm guessing the FF workers are thrilled by your support.

    You obviously have no argument that's why you have resorted to this transparent ploy. You tried though, run along now, leave this discussion to those who actually understand it's nuances.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  2. #32
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    You obviously have no argument that's why you have resorted to this transparent ploy. You tried though, run along now, leave this discussion to those who actually understand it's nuances.
    So, in other words, you support them only until the dollars come from YOUR pocket. If your money is required, those workers are on their own. I understand your nuances perfectly.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action | Al Jazeera America

    One of the biggest protests globally in solidarity with eachother all revolving around raising the minimum wage. I support these protests, and believe not only should the minimum wage but one of the most profitable industires should be paying their employees much much better. Im behind the $15 demand.
    Whole bunch of idiots that think flipping burgers and cleaning dirty fryer's is worth $15 an hour. It's not. I mock anyone that went on "strike" and anyone that thinks that wages should be about fairness and not market value.

    You want more money? Go earn it, by making yourself worth more money.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #34
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,080

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action | Al Jazeera America

    One of the biggest protests globally in solidarity with eachother all revolving around raising the minimum wage. I support these protests, and believe not only should the minimum wage but one of the most profitable industires should be paying their employees much much better. Im behind the $15 demand.
    A) I wonder how many of these people are actually fast food workers instead of the usual hired protesters.

    B) To the extent that any of them are, I find it hilarious. I am almost mean enough to hope that they are successful, and manage to protest themselves into structural unemployment for the rest of their lives.



  5. #35
    User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-23-14 @ 08:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    147

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Go back and read, said nothing of the sort. It's YOU who have manufactured some bizzarro strawman from what I posted.
    Umm no. A user indicated their support for the minimum wage increase and your response (which you still seem quite adamant about for some reason) is that they should actually go and pay the fast food workers. This is your logic, your planet. Not planet earth where we can actually support policies without needing to physically enact them ourselves.

    And plus what kind of logic is it to tell somebody to pay a fast food worker when they want ALL fast food workers to have a higher basic pay? And somehow you think being a military vet excuses you from this fallacious reasoning?

  6. #36
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    So, in other words, you support them only until the dollars come from YOUR pocket. If your money is required, those workers are on their own. I understand your nuances perfectly.
    No you don't understand the nuances that's why your whole argument relies on a straw man.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  7. #37
    Educator
    mtm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 04:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Thats what they are calling for an increase in the minimum wage.
    i started out in 1986 making at 3.50 an hour. nearly 25 later in 2011 i was making 15.70 an hour at that job. i worked my butt off to get what i was earning and these people just want it given to them.

    HELL no!!

    btw you didn't address the points i made.
    Go Vols

  8. #38
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Because I believe minimum wage should be increased.
    Why?
    Min-wage is a terrible thing.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #39
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    No you don't understand the nuances that's why your whole argument relies on a straw man.
    So now you prove for all you don't know what nuance or strawman is. Good work!

  10. #40
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Fast-food workers kick off global labor action

    The solution: get rid of both Welfare and the minimum wage. Provide guaranteed jobs, by the Government, to anyone who shows up at a government work facility daily $10.00 an hour, proof of citizenship required. You have to show up every day to get that days wages. And you have to do any work they assign you.
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •