Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 298

Thread: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

  1. #31
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    To get reimbursed, nothing more, nothing less. I don't know all of her expenses - like, dress, hair, nails, ride there, etc.
    So clog up the court system with a lawsuit over $25 and the cost of a dress (which she gets to keep) and a manicure?

  2. #32
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The very first paragraph of this report shows the OP to be a lie:

    Her dancing, NOT her dress. And how it may have affected the boys, NOT the dads.
    Ohhhh!!! Probably twerking. A completely different kettle of fish. I didn't catch that. Good job!

  3. #33
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,890
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    To get reimbursed, nothing more, nothing less. I don't know all of her expenses - like, dress, hair, nails, ride there, etc.
    A prom only comes along once. I'd say nothing less than $1M would be sufficient.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,913

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The proof that the men were "ogling" her is......?

    If you read the articles, all the say is one woman asked her to leave. But leave it to everyone to assume these men were standing around the balcony of their homeschooled kids' proms staring at her.
    Here is the teen's take: "I felt violated by the sheer number of male parents that were assigned to do nothing for five hours other then watch girls in short dresses and heels dance to upbeat music. I think that it is sick and wrong that they assigned them to sit on a balcony above us and look down on us and single us out for our clothes or dancing."



    And there is no evidence that any of the dads singled her out; the woman she had an issue said this, but we don't know whether the claim was true.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    So clog up the court system with a lawsuit over $25 and the cost of a dress (which she gets to keep) and a manicure?
    1) I said only go to court if the school refused to willingly reimburse the young lady.

    2) Money is money. But based off your comment you must be rolling in the dough to not care about probably several hundred dollars.

  6. #36
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,890
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Here is the teen's take: "I felt violated by the sheer number of male parents that were assigned to do nothing for five hours other then watch girls in short dresses and heels dance to upbeat music. I think that it is sick and wrong that they assigned them to sit on a balcony above us and look down on us and single us out for our clothes or dancing."



    And there is no evidence that any of the dads singled her out; the woman she had an issue said this, but we don't know whether the claim was true.
    No prom-goer who is not drunk and/or disorderly should be asked to leave a prom by any adult. It's the kids' night.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #37
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Since neither you nor I was there, perhaps we should not discuss why. In the Age of Beyonce I can't imagine any dance that would have been too provocative.
    Consider the venue. What is socially acceptable in some times and places, in others, not at all. The problem with this so-called Age of Beyoncé is losing sight of that simple truth.

    This was the Richmond Homeschool Prom.

  8. #38
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Here is the teen's take: "I felt violated by the sheer number of male parents that were assigned to do nothing for five hours other then watch girls in short dresses and heels dance to upbeat music. I think that it is sick and wrong that they assigned them to sit on a balcony above us and look down on us and single us out for our clothes or dancing."



    And there is no evidence that any of the dads singled her out; the woman she had an issue said this, but we don't know whether the claim was true.
    I chaperoned one of my sons' school dance 3 weeks ago. The other mothers and I spent the whole time watching the kids (which is what we were supposed to do) and making sure nobody was sparking up joints and spiking the punch. We looked at the 17 year old boys. I'm a dirty ogler, by this kid's assessment.

    Yes, I'm sure the fathers in this case were assigned to do nothing except watch the teenage girls.

    This little one is in for a long hard life if her paranoia and imagination are so twisted right now.

  9. #39
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    1) I said only go to court if the school refused to willingly reimburse the young lady.

    2) Money is money. But based off your comment you must be rolling in the dough to not care about probably several hundred dollars.
    What don't you understand about home schooling?

    It's been pointed out already that it wasn't the dress -- it was her dancing.

  10. #40
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,890
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Consider the venue. What is socially acceptable in some times and places, in others, not at all.
    I disagree. It's the kids' night.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •