Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 298

Thread: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

  1. #221
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,191

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I think she's lying, and the mouthpieces are eager to spread the story because it fits their agenda. Pretty simple, and I know you get it.
    I get why they're eager to spread their agenda. I don't get why you think she's lying.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #222
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I get why they're eager to spread their agenda. I don't get why you think she's lying.
    I think she's lying because of nature of the story, and how much of it is missing. If these "horndog, homeschooling" men were truly so twisted at the sight of a young girl in a tight dress, the dress code for the event wouldn't have allowed her to enter in the first place.

    Clearly there is far more to her story, and far more to why she was asked to leave.

    Let me add, I have a strong willed 35 year old daughter, who was once a strong willed teenager. My opinion is not formed from ignorance.

  3. #223
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,705

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    But I believe it's absurd to the extreme.
    To me, one absurdity is that those that automatically jumped to the conclusion that she was lying somehow think that those who believed the young lady were being bigoted and absurd, while their conclusions were not equally absurd.

    While it is correct for people to restrain the liberal's knee-jerk reaction, I keep finding that the conservatives here aren't holding themselves to the same standard.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #224
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,913

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    A prom for homeschoolers. Now why am I not surprised that their dads are a bunch of backwards jerks?

  5. #225
    User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-23-14 @ 08:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    147

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    I strongly doubt the men wanted her to leave, especially if they were ogling at her as she says. There's a lot of inconsistency in that story, first she blames the women, then the men. I think the fact that she turned up dressed like that knowing there were going to be middle aged men around says more about her than anything else. Maybe wanted to take one of them home?

  6. #226
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,705

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post

    I would still say the rule was fairly applied. We all have a responsibility not to induce others to sin (have sexual thoughts about her).
    I think others would be able to argue that it is not on the onus of the person dressed to control the desires of others. They would likewise argue that the woman is held to a stronger standard than the men as a result of that standard.

    Of course this concept carries no weight and has no application value in the secular world- but the dance was not a part of the secular world. This may make me seem fuddy duddy to many here, but perhaps my religous back ground enables me to see the men's point. As to whether they should have pursued that point after she had been "cleared to enter" is another matter.
    It holds considerations in both realms, however. I understand the distinction between the two, and how the religious often demands more from persons than the other, but I think the constant dialogue will be whether or not it accomplishes that goal or treats women's sexuality worse than men.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #227
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Where is it said that fathers of homeschool kids are saints? Homeschooling can not produce perverts?

    These guys sound no different that other pigs. Homeschooling or not.

    I hope the community learns whom these jerks are...Let them be oggled for awhile.


  8. #228
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    To me, one absurdity is that those that automatically jumped to the conclusion that she was lying somehow think that those who believed the young lady were being bigoted and absurd, while their conclusions were not equally absurd.

    While it is correct for people to restrain the liberal's knee-jerk reaction, I keep finding that the conservatives here aren't holding themselves to the same standard.
    Well, perhaps you should reconsider how you apply your standards.

    Any rational review of the facts would indicate the story as presented, and the outlets who promoted the meme, are completely suspect.

    What should be immediately evident is the extreme bias displayed as evidenced by the type of sources who chose to pimp the meme that fathers of homeschooled girls are horny old men who can't control themselves.

    Frankly, the child, and the people who spread her little fantasy, should be ashamed.

    The only reason it became a story was a result of the paranoia and anger people have towards parents who homeschool, based on a bigoted stereotype of the ideological principles such people are perceived to have.

  9. #229
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I don't recall anything being said that the group was religious or that the event had religious overtones.
    It might be inconclusive. The prom was held at a church. Though that does not make it explicity a religous oriented event, home schooling is generally assosciated with religous conservatives:
    https://www.homeschool-life.com/sysf...ventid=1060984

    At the same time, the flier boasts of 400 attendees, rather than a very small self selective group. This could support a conclusion that the event was operating from a more secular point of view.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I think the main motivation behind the criticism is the realization that these sorts of issues are not well-served by attempts to shield soon-to-be adults from things they're bound to encounter in the real world.
    There have been many criticisms here. Some members feel she had some kind of intrinsic right to be at the event. Another feels that purchasing a ticket leads to an intrinsic right to attend. Others proclaimed the American Taliban are on a tear - despite the fact it was a private event.

    As for your point, I agree with you. Her dress had been cleared (evidently barely) by the matrons at the door. As such, it should not have been second guessed. Those opposed to the dress need, as you imply, to accept the fact that they will encounter people in the real world who are not in 100% accordance with their conservative socio religous views.

    Of course, that works for progressives too. Some real world private events may well enact restrictions on behavior that are not in full accordance with their socio religous views.

  10. #230
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    If the dance was a private dance like it seems it was, the organizers have every right to kick whoever they want out for whatever reason they want. I think the only thing she should be able to sue for is the cost of the ticket (I guess maybe stretching the point maybe the money she spent on getting ready.) However, I do not know she will win the suit, that would depend on ALL of the actual facts which I am confident we dont know.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •