Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 298

Thread: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

  1. #191
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    It seems everyone is jumping to that conclusion as the prom organizers did not object to her dress but to her manner of dance.

    The devil is in the details
    Actually you are all jumping to the conclusion that the men who were there to chaperone their own children had thoughts of lust about a teenage girl, based on her accusation.

  2. #192
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,898

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Most people are arguing that the philosophy that a woman being responsible for the thoughts of men is a bad or imbalanced standard.
    I see your point.

    I would still say the rule was fairly applied. We all have a responsibility not to induce others to sin (have sexual thoughts about her). If our behavior is doing so, we should modify the behavior if it is reaonable to do so. In her case, it was reasoanble as she could have chosen another dress.

    Of course this concept carries no weight and has no application value in the secular world- but the dance was not a part of the secular world. This may make me seem fuddy duddy to many here, but perhaps my religous back ground enables me to see the men's point. As to whether they should have pursued that point after she had been "cleared to enter" is another matter.

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

  4. #194
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Actually you are all jumping to the conclusion that the men who were there to chaperone their own children had thoughts of lust about a teenage girl, based on her accusation.
    No I am not.

    Men think that way it is that simple.

  5. #195
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Those aren't proof of her story. Those repeat her story.

    And as I pointed out yesterday, the reasons for her being kicked out of the prom are all over the board.

    Your OP said it was because the "dads experience 'impure thoughts'".

    Think Progress said it's because the dads worried about the boys getting impure thoughts. Gawker said it's because of the dad themselves. Fox said it's because of her dancing. Another Fox said it's because of her dress.

    The very fact that everyone is reporting a different reason based on nothing but her claim on her sister's blog shows it all right there.

    The joke is on you.

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    That one side is what your source erroneously stated. Astounding that when you've chosen to use such large font to call attention to yourself that after all these pages, what you didn't say first was "My bad. I should've clicked on the link provided and read the primary source for myself." But you haven't. We all "jump the gun" from time to time, but instead of owning your mistake, you go after the "conservative right"? Maybe that was your only intention when you began this thread.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

  7. #197
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    No I am not.

    Men think that way it is that simple.
    No, men do not look at every teenage girl in a dress and think "I'm going to have sex with her". I call bull**** on that. You have to back up that claim with scientific proof.

  8. #198
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    No, men do not look at every teenage girl in a dress and think "I'm going to have sex with her". I call bull**** on that. You have to back up that claim with scientific proof.
    Go back to my original post. I clearly said attractive gals.

    That obviously is not the same as EVERY.

    And yes they do

  9. #199
    Professor
    Sykes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mmm. Bacon.
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,257

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Some girls are gonna be little skanks, why get wound up?
    I see, she's been downgraded from hooker to skank. Congratulations on understanding you spoke in error.
    "Never before in modern history have we had a president-elect so ill-informed, ill-tempered, irrational and ill-equipped to deal with the major issues that face this country." Kareem Abdul Jabbar, 1/19/17

  10. #200
    Professor
    Sykes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mmm. Bacon.
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,257

    Re: Teen ejected from prom after dads experience ‘impure thoughts’

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    I guess I was a little too esoteric for your intellect.

    Let me try again: Nobody has a right to attend a private event. References to Afghanistan, Taliban, stoning etc are not really material.
    The right she paid for when she bought a ticket? THAT right?
    "Never before in modern history have we had a president-elect so ill-informed, ill-tempered, irrational and ill-equipped to deal with the major issues that face this country." Kareem Abdul Jabbar, 1/19/17

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •