Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 139

Thread: More NSA Secrets Revealed

  1. #41
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Then you can't complain when (for example) you find out that the Chinese government has been listening to your phone calls.
    You're right and I would not.

    I only demand that our government does not listen to them.

  2. #42
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Then you can't complain when (for example) you find out that the Chinese government has been listening to your phone calls.
    It's pretty well known in some circles that any traffic going through France is collected and analyzed. The people that know that don't freak out over it; that's just how business is done. It's the real world.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  3. #43
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do you really think that other countries aren't spying on us?
    Sure they are. Does that justify anything however?


  4. #44
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Sure they are. Does that justify anything however?
    lol yes, it does. Spying is something that countries have done for centuries upon centuries to try to gain an upper hand as far as information goes. Now suddenly you think governments should stop trying to get information? lol wtf?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  5. #45
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    Because its incredibly hypocritical.


  6. #46
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Because its incredibly hypocritical.
    That's like saying it's hypocritical that a football team would try to score touchdowns while preventing the other team from scoring a touchdown. Touchdowns, like spying, are only a means to an end- they're neither good or bad aside from how they further the pursuit of that end: winning.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  7. #47
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    There are many reasons to collect such data. It very much depends on the exact data being mined, how it can help. The areas run from crime fighting and terror prevention over hralth and traffic planing to monitoring for insider trading, corruption or political shenanigans among very many others.
    Nothing has been exposed because of this. Its unnecessary and unconstitutional.


  8. #48
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Because its incredibly hypocritical.
    Not a bit.

    Libertarians are consistent in their principles and the least hypocritical of people.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,951
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Video @: [/FONT][/COLOR]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF_Dsn3AoOY

    Yup! 6 billion a month! 74 million in Poland! So much so that the NSA admits that they are collecting so much more so that they can handle, yet they continue to do it. Literally NSA is(was) the big brother of the world! Another document shows that the NSA focused on Venezuelan oil, Japanese trade, and Mexican energy issues. Big brother of the world!
    It is a nasty fact in this geopolitical world that everybody spies on everybody and everyone tries to gain as much info on the other guy as possible. It is just that the technology of today has made spying so much easier and much more intrusive so to speak.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #50
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    lol yes, it does. Spying is something that countries have done for centuries upon centuries to try to gain an upper hand as far as information goes. Now suddenly you think governments should stop trying to get information? lol wtf?
    So we should collect information on just about everyone who lives on this planet? Wow... I thought Big Brother was a bad thing..


Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •