Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 139

Thread: More NSA Secrets Revealed

  1. #111
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    What do I think they should do? Not collect everyones data and information just because. 1984 wasnt supposed to be a playbook.
    No, that's what you don't want them to do. What do you want them to do?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  2. #112
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    No, that's what you don't want them to do. What do you want them to do?
    Only collect data and spy on people who are proven threats to our country. Allow more transparency into the "FISA Court". More regulations into the NSA's procedure, and I giant roll back in the NSA's budget.


  3. #113
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,151

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    What do I think they should do? Not collect everyones data and information just because. 1984 wasnt supposed to be a playbook.
    Wasn't supposed to be at all....sure as hell turned into one. We even have our little infinity war and two minutes of hate (though it's more than two minutes)
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No no no, these are little semantic games Big Brother lovers play. Metadata isn't spying, even though it is the collection of your data and information without warrant. Because metadata is....meta. Any given piece of it doesn't give much information or detail anything. Which is true, but the point of meta data is that it is meta, and that means the aggregation of it, the development of search algorithms and more efficient sorting, does mean that significant information can be discovered, logged, and used against you without even the slightest bit of necessity towards obtaining a warrant.

    But Big Brother supporters and those making their lunch off the teat of government spying can't say anything to counter the spying...it's where their meals come from.
    I continue to challenge those who think collecting the metadata of people without specific suspicion is acceptable to post their phone bills online.

  5. #115
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Only collect data and spy on people who are proven threats to our country. Allow more transparency into the "FISA Court". More regulations into the NSA's procedure, and I giant roll back in the NSA's budget.
    How do you know who is a threat?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  6. #116
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    I continue to challenge those who think collecting the metadata of people without specific suspicion is acceptable to post their phone bills online.
    Lol what? What is even the logic behind that?

    Hahahaha
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So... Martin Luther King was like Al-Qaeda? I'm not sure what your point is.
    The point of posting information about the history of CointelPro is that we can not trust the government to only use our information for criminal/terrorist investigations. Instead we can expect that they will spy on anyone they want to, not just criminal suspects, and they will use the information they gather for political/ideological purposes.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Lol what? What is even the logic behind that?

    Hahahaha
    The information about who you are calling on the phone is an example of the type of metadata being collected. The argument in favor of metadata collection is that collecting metadata is harmless and is already not private. Prove it by making your metadata publicly available.

  9. #119
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    How do you know who is a threat?
    Sources. Not by just assuming everyone is a threat. Remember the whole, right to privacy thing?



  10. #120
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,151

    Re: More NSA Secrets Revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    The information about who you are calling on the phone is an example of the type of metadata being collected. The argument in favor of metadata collection is that collecting metadata is harmless and is already not private. Prove it by making your metadata publicly available.
    Pissing into the wind on this one. That dude makes his bread and butter from the spying, he ain't gonna think about this fairly. He has vested interest in keeping it going.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •