Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 171

Thread: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

  1. #81
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    You are remaining in the dark. Do we or don't we live in a society governed by Common Law?
    you stated reality...i stated constitutional law....here it is:

    AMENDMENT XIII

    Passed by Congress January 31, 1865. Ratified December 6, 1865.

    Note: A portion of Article IV, section 2, of the Constitution was superseded by the 13th amendment.

    Section 1.
    Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

    if i discriminate against you for any reason......what so ever..its not criminal law.....its administrative law....therefore there is no conviction of a crime...and no force can be applied.

    however in your reality, government is applying force unconstitutionally

  2. #82
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Again we live in a Common Law society not a Civil Law society. If you are ignorant of what that means please educate yourself. What is clear is that you either have no concept of the law or don't want to.
    i do know the fact that constitutional law,..is supreme..... and no law is higher!

  3. #83
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,997

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no.... i have an issue with force...i am a libertarian.

    i have no problem with SSM, as long as someone who performs the ceremony is willing, or government bureaucrat does it.

    my fears are not unfounded, ..as you say people are already forced to do things[though not committing a crime], even though constitutional law forbids it.
    Yes, they are unfounded because we haven't seen any such cases come up, despite seeing almost every year at least one either black couple or mixed race couple in the news for being refused a wedding ceremony by their church or a church. And there are probably hundreds, if not thousands of couples that are denied a marriage ceremony officiated by the person of their church/choice that go unheard of except for possibly locally for all sorts of reasons, including previous marriages, lack of premarital counseling, officiant doesn't approve of age difference or even just ages of people going to marry, religious differences (interfaiths marriages are actually a big cause for denial), and many others. Same sex marriage has been legal in some states of our country for about a decade, and yet no lawsuits that you have this "fear" of. 10 years and I have yet to notice a news story that even talks about a same sex couple being denied a ceremony by their first choice of officiant even without mention of any sort of lawsuit.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #84
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Yes, they are unfounded because we haven't seen any such cases come up, despite seeing almost every year at least one either black couple or mixed race couple in the news for being refused a wedding ceremony by their church or a church. And there are probably hundreds, if not thousands of couples that are denied a marriage ceremony officiated by the person of their church/choice that go unheard of except for possibly locally for all sorts of reasons, including previous marriages, lack of premarital counseling, officiant doesn't approve of age difference or even just ages of people going to marry, religious differences (interfaiths marriages are actually a big cause for denial), and many others. Same sex marriage has been legal in some states of our country for about a decade, and yet no lawsuits that you have this "fear" of. 10 years and I have yet to notice a news story that even talks about a same sex couple being denied a ceremony by their first choice of officiant even without mention of any sort of lawsuit.
    we will..we will..... already the fight in going on in Europe.

    however i notice you only dealt with the church as a denial, and not people or business...because you know i am right, but will not admit to it....you know force it always there and someone is always waiting to use it.


    Frequently Asked Questions about Minnesota's New Same-Sex Marriage Law

    On May 14, 2013 Governor Mark Dayton signed into law a bill legalizing same-sex marriages in Minnesota. The Minnesota Department of Human Rights answers your questions regarding the rights of couples wishing to get married when the new law goes into effect on August 1, 2013.


    Are religious organizations required to marry individuals of the same-sex?

    No. The legislature sought to ensure this new legislation would not unconstitutionally infringe upon the rights of religious entities. Therefore, religious entities can, consistent with their theological doctrine, policy and teachings, perform same-sex marriages. However, the new law does not compel legal religious entities to perform same-sex marriages.


    Are other organizations exempt from the law?

    No. The law does not exempt individuals, businesses, nonprofits, or the secular business activities of religious entities from non-discrimination laws based on religious beliefs regarding same-sex marriage. Therefore, a business that provides wedding services such as cake decorating, wedding planning or catering services may not deny services to a same-sex couple who is planning a wedding based on their sexual orientation. To do so would violate protections for sexual orientation laid out in the Minnesota Human Rights Act. The individuals denied services could file a claim with the Minnesota Department of Human Rights against the entity that discriminated against them.

    here is an example of government giving people rights, on another person's property.
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-11-14 at 07:40 PM.

  5. #85
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,997

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    we will..we will..... already the fight in going on in Europe.

    however i notice you only dealt with the church as a denial, and not people or business...because you know i am right, but will not admit to it....you know force it always there and someone is always waiting to use it.


    Frequently Asked Questions about Minnesota's New Same-Sex Marriage Law

    On May 14, 2013 Governor Mark Dayton signed into law a bill legalizing same-sex marriages in Minnesota. The Minnesota Department of Human Rights answers your questions regarding the rights of couples wishing to get married when the new law goes into effect on August 1, 2013.


    Are religious organizations required to marry individuals of the same-sex?

    No. The legislature sought to ensure this new legislation would not unconstitutionally infringe upon the rights of religious entities. Therefore, religious entities can, consistent with their theological doctrine, policy and teachings, perform same-sex marriages. However, the new law does not compel legal religious entities to perform same-sex marriages.


    Are other organizations exempt from the law?

    No. The law does not exempt individuals, businesses, nonprofits, or the secular business activities of religious entities from non-discrimination laws based on religious beliefs regarding same-sex marriage. Therefore, a business that provides wedding services such as cake decorating, wedding planning or catering services may not deny services to a same-sex couple who is planning a wedding based on their sexual orientation. To do so would violate protections for sexual orientation laid out in the Minnesota Human Rights Act. The individuals denied services could file a claim with the Minnesota Department of Human Rights against the entity that discriminated against them.

    here is an example of government giving people rights, on another person's property.
    The only time it happens in Europe is when the church actually has some power in the government or they are basically the only ones that can legally marry someone. We don't have that issue here. We have freedom of religion and the government cannot adopt a "state" religion, unlike many places in Europe did long before us (and some possibly even after us).
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #86
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The only time it happens in Europe is when the church actually has some power in the government or they are basically the only ones that can legally marry someone. We don't have that issue here. We have freedom of religion and the government cannot adopt a "state" religion, unlike many places in Europe did long before us (and some possibly even after us).
    do you really believe freedom of religion will last....i am a christian,. and i don't even believe the church in america will last.

    notice: i said throughout THIS thread citizens AND business, and i was replied to by .....WHAT BUSINESS, WHAT CITIZENS...........YOU HAVE AN EXAMPLE OF ME BEING CORRECT ABOVE.

  7. #87
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,997

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    do you really believe freedom of religion will last....i am a christian,. and i don't even believe the church in america will last.

    notice: i said throughout THIS thread citizens AND business, and i was replied to by .....WHAT BUSINESS, WHAT CITIZENS...........YOU HAVE AN EXAMPLE OF ME BEING CORRECT ABOVE.
    It's lasted this long. The only way to change it is to change the US Constitution.

    I have no clue what the heck you are talking about. Nothing I have said so far supports any nonsense that the church, any church, is legitimately going to face a lawsuit in the near future from same sex couples who they refuse to marry, to perform a religious rite/ceremony for. They at the least would be guaranteed to win such a lawsuit for quite some time to come and likely would get compensated for their wasted time and money as well.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #88
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It's lasted this long. The only way to change it is to change the US Constitution.

    I have no clue what the heck you are talking about. Nothing I have said so far supports any nonsense that the church, any church, is legitimately going to face a lawsuit in the near future from same sex couples who they refuse to marry, to perform a religious rite/ceremony for. They at the least would be guaranteed to win such a lawsuit for quite some time to come and likely would get compensated for their wasted time and money as well.

    sorry, but you are creating a false trail, i never said you were for a church to be forced.....or every reading any such story



    i declared in the thread the at its beginning that force would come to citizens and business, and i was told again.......what citizen ? what business?. as if i was making things up...its clear some in here do not know was is happening...i do have to say, i don't find you lacking knowledge, however i don't see why you cannot predict the future and know what is coming

    -the abolishing of individual rights.

  9. #89
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,847

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    alright, if its private property, can anyone who preforms a marriage, ..business ...ship 's captain be forced to perform a ceremony?
    No, where on earth are you getting the idea that anybody is arguing otherwise?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #90
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,847

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    sorry, but you are creating a false trail, i never said you were for a church to be forced.....or every reading any such story



    i declared in the thread the at its beginning that force would come to citizens and business, and i was told again.......what citizen ? what business?. as if i was making things up...its clear some in here do not know was is happening...i do have to say, i don't find you lacking knowledge, however i don't see why you cannot predict the future and know what is coming

    -the abolishing of individual rights.
    You're forced to run a business that caters to weddings? That's new...

    Or are you saying they are "forced" to do it in the same way your airline pilot is forced to undergo recurrent training in order to fly you around. That costs money, you know. Is that not involuntary servitude?
    Last edited by Deuce; 05-11-14 at 08:25 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •