Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 171

Thread: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

  1. #71
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    what have i say already in this thread.........i come from a constitutional stand point......not reality...reality is not constitutional law.

    and i still have not received an answer to a question i have asked many times....from several people.
    ***hint***Trying to debate someone while simultaneously admitting you don't beleive in reality does not strengthen your position but obliterates whatever point you are trying to make.


    Take the red pill and call me in the morning.

  2. #72
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    To quote Louis Armstrong; If you had to ask the question, you ain't never gonna know the answer.
    well its true, because i asked a very basic question ..although 1 person did......calling marriage a civil right

    in my entire life i have never know anyone to deny, the 14th amendment is not about clvi rights......never.

    what does the 14th speak of...privileges and immunities!

    civil rights are ........privileges created by government.

    natural rights come from god or a higher power....however you wish to determine that for yourself.

    IF SSM is a privilege of government...then government must dispense the privilege equally among the people....(UNLESS).....the state can show it in their interest not to give you the privilege.......meaning it cannot be a natural right, because government does not decide whether you can have your natural right because they are Unalienable.

    since government is dispensing a privilege, and not a citizen or a business.....government cannot give you a privilege on a citizens property, only the owner can give another citizen a privilege on his property, and i as a citizen cannot give another citizen a privilege on government property.

    therefore government cannot make me a property OWNER give you a citizen a privilege, ...government WANTS!

    government must be the one to fulfill your privilege they have dispensed to you by being the one to marry you.....government cannot force a business [Nevada/ LAS VEGAS] to marry people of SS.

    IF marriage is a natural right...and for some we will call it a fundamental right......then no natural /fundamental right has the power of force behind it....to force another citizen to fulfill that right.....so not a citizen /business, can be forced to marry people.......only government can be forced, by natural and civil rights.
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-11-14 at 04:35 PM.

  3. #73
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    ***hint***Trying to debate someone while simultaneously admitting you don't beleive in reality does not strengthen your position but obliterates whatever point you are trying to make.


    Take the red pill and call me in the morning.
    constitutional law is not reality, because the government is not following constitutional law....that is very clear!

  4. #74
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Have fun in fantasy land.
    ok, remain in the dark about constitutional law.

  5. #75
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i only to break it down as close as i can come to my question......

    does the ability/right to engage in a SSM...... also have the ability to force another person... business...to perform a ceremony for the SSM couple?
    Does the ability/right to engage in an OSM also have the ability to force another person/business to perform a ceremony for the OSM couple? Because if that ability does not currently exist for opposite sex couples then it won't doesn't exist for same sex couples. It is that easy.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #76
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Does the ability/right to engage in an OSM also have the ability to force another person/business to perform a ceremony for the OSM couple? Because if that ability does not currently exist for opposite sex couples then it won't doesn't exist for same sex couples. It is that easy.
    a person or business, has the ability to make his own determination....not government for them....that is what liberty is.

    note the 14th amendment..ie CIVIL RIGHTS....applies to government ........not people or business.

  7. #77
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    a person or business, has the ability to make his own determination....not government for them....that is what liberty is.

    note the 14th amendment..ie CIVIL RIGHTS....applies to government ........not people or business.
    Okay. The SCOTUS has upheld anti-discrimination laws. There has not been a case where someone has tried to force any person or business to marry them against that person's/business's desire. If that day comes, it can be dealt with then. The most likely outcome will be determined by the circumstances of the case.

    I get it, you have an issue with anti-discrimination laws. This thread is about same sex marriage, not those laws and how they may apply here. Until there is truly an issue, you have nothing but unfounded fears. I have yet to find a lawsuit or case against any of those drivethru chapels (which aren't just in Vegas or Nevada btw) that denied a couple marriage based on something that would be protected otherwise by anti-discrimination laws if it weren't for the unique position of a marriage ceremony.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #78
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    ok, remain in the dark about constitutional law.
    You are remaining in the dark. Do we or don't we live in a society governed by Common Law?

  9. #79
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    constitutional law is not reality, because the government is not following constitutional law....that is very clear!
    Again we live in a Common Law society not a Civil Law society. If you are ignorant of what that means please educate yourself. What is clear is that you either have no concept of the law or don't want to.

  10. #80
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arkansas Judge Strikes Down State's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Okay. The SCOTUS has upheld anti-discrimination laws. There has not been a case where someone has tried to force any person or business to marry them against that person's/business's desire. If that day comes, it can be dealt with then. The most likely outcome will be determined by the circumstances of the case.

    I get it, you have an issue with anti-discrimination laws. This thread is about same sex marriage, not those laws and how they may apply here. Until there is truly an issue, you have nothing but unfounded fears. I have yet to find a lawsuit or case against any of those drivethru chapels (which aren't just in Vegas or Nevada btw) that denied a couple marriage based on something that would be protected otherwise by anti-discrimination laws if it weren't for the unique position of a marriage ceremony.

    no.... i have an issue with force...i am a libertarian.

    i have no problem with SSM, as long as someone who performs the ceremony is willing, or government bureaucrat does it.

    my fears are not unfounded, ..as you say people are already forced to do things[though not committing a crime], even though constitutional law forbids it.
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-11-14 at 06:04 PM.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •