Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 226

Thread: Hillary's State Department Refused to Brand Boko Haram as Terrorists[W:130]

  1. #91
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,889

    Re: Hillary's State Department Refused to Brand Boko Haram as Terrorists

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It's amazing that you would turn to Media Matters (a George Soros funded organization) for answers when it was another George Soros funded organization, MoveOn.org, that petitioned with great resources for Hillary not to list Boko Haram as a terrorist group.

    FLASHBACK: MoveOn.org Petitions Hillary Clinton Not To Declare Boko Haram A “Terrorist” Organization… | Weasel Zippers

    hmmmmmm

  2. #92
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Hillary's State Department Refused to Brand Boko Haram as Terrorists

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    It's amazing that you would turn to Media Matters (a George Soros funded organization) for answers when it was another George Soros funded organization, MoveOn.org, that petitioned with great resources for Hillary not to list Boko Haram as a terrorist group.

    FLASHBACK: MoveOn.org Petitions Hillary Clinton Not To Declare Boko Haram A “Terrorist” Organization… | Weasel Zippers

    hmmmmmm
    Well vesper, I must tell you MoveOn doesn't create petitions, they simply offer a vehicle for anyone to submit a petition. Even you can submit one. Check this out: https://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?p=1063257281


  3. #93
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,889

    Re: Hillary's State Department Refused to Brand Boko Haram as Terrorists

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Well vesper, I must tell you MoveOn doesn't create petitions, they simply offer a vehicle for anyone to submit a petition. Even you can submit one. Check this out: https://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?p=1063257281
    First off the petition had been placed on this political far left site in 2012 to gather support for the idea that Boko Haram should not be designated a Foreign Terrorist Organization by the State Department. MoveOn has full control of what is kept up on its site. It is a political hack association with an agenda. MoveOn is one of the biggest bank-rollers of Democrat Party campaigns, spending $21.6 million on its programs in 2012. 100 percent of its PAC contributions went to Democrats. The organization is funded by Soros. The petition wasn't removed until after others raised hell over it being up on the site AFTER the kidnapping of hundreds of girls by the terrorist group Boko Haram. Sorry I'm not in the market for a load of buffalo chips.

  4. #94
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Hillary's State Department Refused to Brand Boko Haram as Terrorists

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    First off the petition had been placed on this political far left site in 2012 to gather support for the idea that Boko Haram should not be designated a Foreign Terrorist Organization by the State Department. MoveOn has full control of what is kept up on its site. It is a political hack association with an agenda. MoveOn is one of the biggest bank-rollers of Democrat Party campaigns, spending $21.6 million on its programs in 2012. 100 percent of its PAC contributions went to Democrats. The organization is funded by Soros. The petition wasn't removed until after others raised hell over it being up on the site AFTER the kidnapping of hundreds of girls by the terrorist group Boko Haram. Sorry I'm not in the market for a load of buffalo chips.
    As I said in my previous post, anyone can create a petition on MoveOn, even you vesper. The reason the petition was taken down was because Republican asshole Rep. Stockman said they support terrorists, which of course they don't. I created a new thread about it:
    https://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?p=1063263582


  5. #95
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Hillary's State Department Refused to Brand Boko Haram as Terrorists

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    As I said in my previous post, anyone can create a petition on MoveOn, even you vesper. The reason the petition was taken down was because Republican asshole Rep. Stockman said they support terrorists, which of course they don't. I created a new thread about it:
    https://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?p=1063263582
    If they took it down because of Stockman's criticism, then they could have taken it down before. If they allow anyone to file a petition about anything on their web site, then they are idiots, but we already knew that. Some moderation of the petitions would keep them from looking like fools, at least for a few minutes.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Hillary's State Department Refused to Brand Boko Haram as Terrorists

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    If they took it down because of Stockman's criticism, then they could have taken it down before. If they allow anyone to file a petition about anything on their web site, then they are idiots, but we already knew that. Some moderation of the petitions would keep them from looking like fools, at least for a few minutes.
    Heya Gill. Which still doesn't help Media Matters with the Daily Beast and Rogin.....getting the Exclusive.

  7. #97
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Hillary's State Department Refused to Brand Boko Haram as Terrorists

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I dont think anyone is suggesting that designation as a terrorist group is the only thing that can be done-however it does paint Clinton as inept once again when she was Sec of state.

    The fact that it took her departure to get that designation (Kerry did it), reflects many on the left felt otherwise. Its part of the pattern, and frankly its not going to be helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    What to do? I understand the rational behind the decision not to legitimize them, but it appears that ignoring them is causing them to do worse and worse things to get attention - like a child throwing a tantrum! Targeting innocent children is not the way to air their grievances if they expect to have a voice in their future. What they have done goes beyond all reasonable thinking processes. It's wrong and it's barbaric! Those children have had their lives brutalized and changed through no fault of their own, and for what point? I can only hope that they are safely rescued, and the Nigerian government does the right thing to end this horror.

    Good morning, pbrauer.
    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    First off the petition had been placed on this political far left site in 2012 to gather support for the idea that Boko Haram should not be designated a Foreign Terrorist Organization by the State Department. MoveOn has full control of what is kept up on its site. It is a political hack association with an agenda. MoveOn is one of the biggest bank-rollers of Democrat Party campaigns, spending $21.6 million on its programs in 2012. 100 percent of its PAC contributions went to Democrats. The organization is funded by Soros. The petition wasn't removed until after others raised hell over it being up on the site AFTER the kidnapping of hundreds of girls by the terrorist group Boko Haram. Sorry I'm not in the market for a load of buffalo chips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    If they took it down because of Stockman's criticism, then they could have taken it down before. If they allow anyone to file a petition about anything on their web site, then they are idiots, but we already knew that. Some moderation of the petitions would keep them from looking like fools, at least for a few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Gill. Which still doesn't help Media Matters with the Daily Beast and Rogin.....getting the Exclusive.
    Maybe this link will help you people. Click on the link below, then click on the link and watch the clip from Fox News Sunday https://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?p=1063264944


  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Hillary's State Department Refused to Brand Boko Haram as Terrorists

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Maybe this link will help you people. Click on the link below, then click on the link and watch the clip from Fox News Sunday https://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?p=1063264944
    Here this one will help you and Media Matters learn that you can't just play around with Journalists and think because you can get someone to speak up for Clinton. That this just disputes any facts.


    Is Boko Haram the Story Hillary Doesn’t Want the Press to Cover?
    by Noah Rothman


    Clinton defenders say that not designating this organization as a terrorist group was a strategic decision. “There was a concern that putting Boko Haram on the foreign terrorist list would in fact raise its profile, give it greater publicity, give it greater credibility, help in its recruitment, and also probably drive more assistance in its direction,” Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs Johnnie Carson said Wednesday in a press call.

    But Carson was not as vocal an opponent of calling Boko Haram a terrorist group when testifying before lawmakers. In 2012, with more than 1,000 deaths attributable to their actions, State designated three of Boko Haram’s leaders “specially designated global terrorists” (SDGTs), but stopped short of calling the organization they head a terrorist group. In spite of State’s hesitation, when pressed, Carson admitted Boko Haram was, indeed, a terrorist organization.

    Before we prescribe actions, it is important that we understand what Boko Haram is and what it is not,” he said, noting that the United States’ information on the group was “limited at best.” When pressed by Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ) as to whether he considered the group an Islamist terrorist organization, Carson said he did.

    Boko Haram’s emergence as a terrorist organization in Nigeria predates the current government,” Carson asserted.

    State’s refusal to designate this group a terrorist organization has been a subject of consternation for several years. The implication that State refused to act when it could have made a difference will necessarily have political implications for Clinton should she decide to run for president in 2016

    Of course, the usual suspects will emerge to declare this yet another illegitimate line of questioning about Clinton’s past. The history of how State handled Boko Haram may soon become, as CNN host S.E. Cupp aptly put it, just one more entry in the “whole list of things” that are scoffed at by journalists or deemed conspiratorial by our self-appointed arbiters of political discourse. But that is projection motivated by politics. .....snip~

    Is Boko Haram the Story Hillary Doesn’t Want the Press to Cover? | Mediaite


    To bad Media Matters can't go back and cover up what Carson testified to.....huh?

  9. #99
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Hillary's State Department Refused to Brand Boko Haram as Terrorists

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Here this one will help you and Media Matters learn that you can't just play around with Journalists and think because you can get someone to speak up for Clinton. That this just disputes any facts.


    Is Boko Haram the Story Hillary Doesn’t Want the Press to Cover?
    by Noah Rothman


    Clinton defenders say that not designating this organization as a terrorist group was a strategic decision. “There was a concern that putting Boko Haram on the foreign terrorist list would in fact raise its profile, give it greater publicity, give it greater credibility, help in its recruitment, and also probably drive more assistance in its direction,” Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs Johnnie Carson said Wednesday in a press call.

    But Carson was not as vocal an opponent of calling Boko Haram a terrorist group when testifying before lawmakers. In 2012, with more than 1,000 deaths attributable to their actions, State designated three of Boko Haram’s leaders “specially designated global terrorists” (SDGTs), but stopped short of calling the organization they head a terrorist group. In spite of State’s hesitation, when pressed, Carson admitted Boko Haram was, indeed, a terrorist organization.

    Before we prescribe actions, it is important that we understand what Boko Haram is and what it is not,” he said, noting that the United States’ information on the group was “limited at best.” When pressed by Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ) as to whether he considered the group an Islamist terrorist organization, Carson said he did.

    Boko Haram’s emergence as a terrorist organization in Nigeria predates the current government,” Carson asserted.

    State’s refusal to designate this group a terrorist organization has been a subject of consternation for several years. The implication that State refused to act when it could have made a difference will necessarily have political implications for Clinton should she decide to run for president in 2016

    Of course, the usual suspects will emerge to declare this yet another illegitimate line of questioning about Clinton’s past. The history of how State handled Boko Haram may soon become, as CNN host S.E. Cupp aptly put it, just one more entry in the “whole list of things” that are scoffed at by journalists or deemed conspiratorial by our self-appointed arbiters of political discourse. But that is projection motivated by politics. .....snip~

    Is Boko Haram the Story Hillary Doesn’t Want the Press to Cover? | Mediaite


    To bad Media Matters can't go back and cover up what Carson testified to.....huh?
    Explain this bright guy: Why didn't the the Bush administration list them?


  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Hillary's State Department Refused to Brand Boko Haram as Terrorists

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Maybe this link will help you people. Click on the link below, then click on the link and watch the clip from Fox News Sunday https://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?p=1063264944
    You tell me, is Fox an acceptable news source, or is that only when you think it makes your point?

    You tell me, are Bush appointees credible or is that only when you think it makes your point?

    You tell me, if this was the case, why did the Obama administration change their status to a terrorist group after Kerry came into office?

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •