Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 284

Thread: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

  1. #1
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,757

    Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Why is this not big news in light of the recent Donald Sterling scandal? Paula Deen lost her career simply for saying that she used the 'N' word a long time ago. Why no backlash on Michael Jordan?

    Michael Jordan's upbringing detailed in new book - ESPN

  2. #2
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,323

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Why is this not big news in light of the recent Donald Sterling scandal? Paula Deen lost her career simply for saying that she used the 'N' word a long time ago. Why no backlash on Michael Jordan?

    Michael Jordan's upbringing detailed in new book - ESPN
    Why don't you read what he said? He simply admitted he hated white people when he was a teen.

    Hardly criminal. He grew up.

    I'm all for calling out black people for their racism. I called out Barkely's comments about the NBA. But Jordan was a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  3. #3
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,757

    Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Why don't you read what he said? He simply admitted he hated white people when he was a teen.

    Hardly criminal. He grew up.
    Right, I read what he said. Paula Deen admitted that she used the N word over 3 decades ago, and she grew up, and it was all over the news and she lost her career. Why does Jordan get a pass?

    I'm not saying Jordan should be hated and lose his current career over this, but I also don't think others should have their name smeared and lose their careers either over similar past actions or feelings.

  4. #4
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Right, I read what he said. Paula Deen admitted that she used the N word over 3 decades ago, and she grew up, and it was all over the news and she lost her career. Why does Jordan get a pass?
    1.)Said he hated white people as a kid
    2.)Paula Deen has multiple racial incidents all when she was an adult.


  5. #5
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,216

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    IMO Paula Dean got canned for using fat in her recipes by the food nazis.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  6. #6
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,323

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Right, I read what he said. Paula Deen admitted that she used the N word over 3 decades ago,
    Ummmm in addition to her childhood she admitting using it as an adult and and in more recent years.

    There is a difference here. Rather large actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  7. #7
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,757

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    1.)Said he hated white people as a kid
    2.)Paula Deen has multiple racial incidents all when she was an adult.
    Ok, so then why does Charles Barkley get a pass, as Top Cat mentioned?

  8. #8
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,323

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    IMO Paula Dean got canned for using fat in her recipes by the food nazis.
    Her hypocrisy on diabetes was a rather significant factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  9. #9
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,757

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Ummmm in addition to her childhood she admitting using it as an adult and and in more recent years.

    There is a difference here. Rather large actually.
    She used the N word. Snoop Doggy Dogg uses the N word every other word and that trash is looked up to as some sort of hero.

  10. #10
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,216

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    1.)Said he hated white people as a kid
    2.)Paula Deen has multiple racial incidents all when she was an adult.
    Who cares? Those of you who haven't used the N word cast the first stone. If you say you never have...you are a liar.

    I'm sick of all this whiny race-baiting crap. You all need to grow up and realize Utopia is unreachable. Man is fallible and sinful.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •