Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 284

Thread: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

  1. #261
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    By the way, with all this brushing aside of Jordan's comments because he was "only 15", can I assume that you all feel that we should brush aside and forgive the hatred a 15 year old skinhead has for anyone who isn't white - simply because he's only 15? I would assume the answer is yes based on the "eh it was no big deal because Jordan was only 15, just a kid, didn't know better" comments that are throughout the 26 pages on this thread, more or less.
    http://www.splcenter.org/get-informe...transformation
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #262
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,574

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The Klan was "dominant" in 1977 in North Carolina? Interesting. Dominant meaning they were roaming loose, wearing hoods & terrorizing him? The Klan really died out during the 1960s.
    Actually, no.

    Click the link. You might be surprised at what you find. I certainly was.

    http://www.splcenter.org/get-informe...ve_hate_groups
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  3. #263
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,966

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    So you're gonna honestly sit here and claim that if this were, say a tell all book about lets say...Dan Marino, where he freely admitted to hating all blacks when he was in his teens or in college that wouldn't be an outcry to fire him from his TV show and boycotts on products he endorses? There is a double standard, if you choose to ignore it, thats your prerogative.
    Well, in college would be an adult and a slightly different situation. But no, I don't think something like that with Marino would rise to the level of sterling or deen as the OP was suggesting. Whether it would get more attention then MJ is? I don't know. Possibly. It possibly wouldn't have people bitching that about it not getting attention if it garnered similar to what MJ did....but I'm sure you'd rather not explore that hypothetical "double standard".

    But amazing how you claim something is so obvious....yet you have NOTHING factual or tangible to back up your claim, just an imaginary hypothetical with an imaginary result.

  4. #264
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,966

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    By the way, with all this brushing aside of Jordan's comments because he was "only 15", can I assume that you all feel that we should brush aside and forgive the hatred a 15 year old skinhead has for anyone who isn't white - simply because he's only 15? I would assume the answer is yes based on the "eh it was no big deal because Jordan was only 15, just a kid, didn't know better" comments that are throughout the 26 pages on this thread, more or less.
    I would brush aside someone bringing it up nearly 40 years later after the guy shows no signs what so ever of being a skin head or having that mentality for decades and had done nothing relates to that in any way lately, absolutely.

    But then again, why ask people how they'd react to something In the actual context of what's happening when you can instead fabricate a different scenario from what people are currently talking about to suit your agenda and hide the fact your point is retarded

  5. #265
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,878

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I would brush aside someone bringing it up nearly 40 years later after the guy shows no signs what so ever of being a skin head or having that mentality for decades and had done nothing relates to that in any way lately, absolutely.

    But then again, why ask people how they'd react to something In the actual context of what's happening when you can instead fabricate a different scenario from what people are currently talking about to suit your agenda and hide the fact your point is retarded
    It's argument by hypothetical. If your hypothesis begins with or centers on "if," one should probably just stop talking
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #266
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,342

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    your point is retarded
    Closing with a pejorative against the disabled?

  7. #267
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Hatin' white people and got cut from his high school hoops team. Man...me and Mike had more in common than I thought...
    This genuinely made me chuckle.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #268
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I would brush aside someone bringing it up nearly 40 years later after the guy shows no signs what so ever of being a skin head or having that mentality for decades and had done nothing relates to that in any way lately, absolutely.

    But then again, why ask people how they'd react to something In the actual context of what's happening when you can instead fabricate a different scenario from what people are currently talking about to suit your agenda and hide the fact your point is retarded
    Retarded? Very classy comeback! When all else fails, pull out the special needs insults.

    So you complete non-response was the answer I expected. It would have been easier to say "No, I only brush aside racist hate from teenagers if the teen doing the hating is black".

  9. #269
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Actually, no.

    Click the link. You might be surprised at what you find. I certainly was.

    http://www.splcenter.org/get-informe...ve_hate_groups
    I'm not surprised. The Klan isn't dead. But as you can see from the links:

    Since the 1970s the Klan has been greatly weakened by internal conflicts, court cases, a seemingly endless series of splits and government infiltration.

    and...

    Today, the Center estimates that there are between 5,000 and 8,000 Klan members, split among dozens of different - and often warring - organizations that use the Klan name

    With all due respect, 5000-8000 in the country is hardly a big population, especially in light of the fact that we have over 300 million people.

    The Klan was around then, and is still around now. Let's be honest - the Klan in the 1970s was not the horrific Klan of the pre-1960s. I find it hard to believe the Klan was running loose and in the open in Wilmington, NC in the mid 1970s. And I'd like to know what specifically it was that the Klan did to him or his family that would make him harbor such feelings towards white people.

    There are many men in this country today who hate women. There were many in history who committed terrible & recent crimes against women because they hate women. Does that mean it's normal for 15 year old girls to be against all men because some men commit egregious crimes against other women?

  10. #270
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,966

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Retarded? Very classy comeback! When all else fails, pull out the special needs insults.
    Hey look, there you go again...being bothered by a word. How very strange given your earlier statements.

    So you complete non-response was the answer I expected.
    When that's what you give to posters that's all you're worth or deserve to get back....yet I actually did give you a response. Your example wasn't equivalent to what's being talked about here. Take your example and make it relevant to what's being discussed here, which I did, and I'd say the same thing I was saying here.

    Racist statements decades in the past made whole a teenager that have no recent supporting information to suggest the person is still racist and is included as a means of showing how ones parents raised them to be better than that is not something to get massively upset by. That is deciding my different then being bothered right now by something said right now by a teen. Indeed, notice earlier on this thread I specifically said a CURRENT famous teen saying something similar WOULD reasonably garner significant attention and public concern.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •