Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 284

Thread: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

  1. #191
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Ok? And neither is using the N word 30 years ago or hating all white people 30 years ago, or currently for that matter.
    Who claimed it was? What's with all the strawmen?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #192
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,730

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Who claimed it was? What's with all the strawmen?
    It wasn't a straw man. I replied to sangha's post.

  3. #193
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Ok? And neither is using the N word 30 years ago or hating all white people 30 years ago, or currently for that matter.
    And no one has been convicted of a crime for using the n-word
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #194
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,730

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I don't know if she does or doesn't. And quite frankly, I don't know if Michael Jordan does either. This isn't about just racial slurs. It's about falsely equating MJ harboring since-repudiated racist animosity as a teenager and Paula Deen exhibiting a pattern of racist actions throughout most of her adult life.
    No it is not. It's about some famous people of a particular race getting their name smeared and blasted for admitting that they held racist views/said racist things a long time ago, while famous people of another particular race who do the same thing suffer no consequence.

  5. #195
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,730

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And no one has been convicted of a crime for using the n-word
    Who said that someone has been?

  6. #196
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    No it is not. It's about some famous people of a particular race getting their name smeared and blasted for admitting that they held racist views/said racist things a long time ago, while famous people of another particular race who do the same thing suffer no consequence.
    1. Deen's wasn't that long ago.

    2. Jordan was a child. Deen was an adult.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #197
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,730

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    1. Deen's wasn't that long ago.

    2. Jordan was a child. Deen was an adult.
    Deen's was over 30 years ago.

    Jordan was a teenager, hardly a 'child'. Legally a child sure, but mentally, he knew what his thoughts were about. Deen was an adult. It really makes no difference either way, both have apparently changed their ways and thinking.

  8. #198
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Deen's was over 30 years ago.

    Jordan was a teenager, hardly a 'child'. Legally a child sure, but mentally, he knew what his thoughts were about. Deen was an adult. It really makes no difference either way, both have apparently changed their ways and thinking.
    Allegations if Deen's racism are more recent than 30 years. They've been posted in the thread numerous times.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #199
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Who said that someone has been?
    you..
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    show us the link that says 'Paula Deen CONVICTED of sexually harassing woman at work'.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #200
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Allegations if Deen's racism are more recent than 30 years. They've been posted in the thread numerous times.
    Not allegations. In the deposition, Deen admits to racist behavior at her restaurant
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •