Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 284

Thread: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

  1. #111
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Who cares? Those of you who haven't used the N word cast the first stone. If you say you never have...you are a liar.

    I'm sick of all this whiny race-baiting crap. You all need to grow up and realize Utopia is unreachable. Man is fallible and sinful.
    I just answered a question bud. If you are going to go around saying I'm trying to "create utopia" then you couldnt be more wrong. And what the **** does this have to do with anything at hand?


  2. #112
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Ok, so then why does Charles Barkley get a pass, as Top Cat mentioned?
    I'm not aware of anything Charles Barkley said.


  3. #113
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,730

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I'm not aware of anything Charles Barkley said.
    Here's one example.

    http://articles.philly.com/1995-02-1...colangelo-joke

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Why is this not big news in light of the recent Donald Sterling scandal? Paula Deen lost her career simply for saying that she used the 'N' word a long time ago. Why no backlash on Michael Jordan?

    Michael Jordan's upbringing detailed in new book - ESPN
    Because sometimes life doesn't meet our expectations, sometimes life isn't fair, sometimes people have different standards than we do, sometimes people see similarities where others do not.

  5. #115
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    I dont know. I mean he claimed it was a joke. I mean hell ESPN agreed to air it.


  6. #116
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Why is this not big news in light of the recent Donald Sterling scandal? Paula Deen lost her career simply for saying that she used the 'N' word a long time ago. Why no backlash on Michael Jordan?

    Michael Jordan's upbringing detailed in new book - ESPN
    Michael Jordan held those views 35 years ago, talked about how he got over them, and repudiated them.

    Donald Sterling held those views 35 days ago, and hasn't. That's why.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #117
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Ok, to be fair, the NBA didn't know that Jordan is a racist when they allowed him to buy a team, but they did know that Donald Sterling is a racist when he bought the Clippers. Does that make the entire NBA racist?
    There's no evidence that Michael Jordan IS a racist. He said he WAS. As a teenager.

    There is evidence that Donald Sterling IS a racist.

    This is a pretty bad False Equivalency Tango you're dancing here.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #118
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    So apparently your idea of a possible 'reformed racist' is only applicable to black people, not to white people?
    Who said that? What's with the strawmen?

    I'll give you a white "reformed racist." Robert Byrd.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #119
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    And we're supposed to just take his word?
    In the absence of any evidence otherwise, I would. See, it is part of that whole, different things are different kinda thing. Jordan, as an adult, acted somewhat different from Deen. I am not sure why this is so hard to understand for you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #120
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Michael Jordan: I was against all white people

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    And we're supposed to just take his word?
    What actions of his since those days make you think he hasn't changed? Clearly, nobody in this thread knew he had ever held racist views at any point in his life until he admitted it in his book, in which he also says how his mother (I think) told him how those views were bad and how he rid himself of them and repudiated them. Funny how you're not even mentioning that.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •