Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 680

Thread: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

  1. #601
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Let me help you out.

    I 100% concur that Bill's failures are what is at issue in the marriage. But, that doesn't absolve her of her own horrible behavior (2 affairs with married men at the age of 22).

    Not so sure about "failed" marriage, though. People remain in marriage after adultery for a variety of reasons. Sometimes sexual infidelity isn't the be all end all to the marriage.I have known marriages to not only survive adultery, but thrive.

    Let me help you out again. This is a thread about Monica and her article. The article is an explanation of history long past. A history that most of us hardly thought about in many years. The article reminds us of her behavior so many years ago. She is explaining herself to a new generation - ones that were really not that interested. To me, she has provided herself with more opportunity - not less - for scrutiny. She is/was responsible for her own behavior. At 22 she knew better. In the 90's tabloid TV was alive and well - and unless she was a completely sheltered individual and lacked the ability to discern right from wrong, her behavior had consequences. Sadly, the consequences were pretty rough for her. But in life, there is frequently a mismatch in consequences to actions. That is life.

    So, in short...Monica's wounds were self inflicted. I believe her article will just open up new scrutiny of her past behavior.

    I still want to know why she felt the need to launch a pre-emptive attack....why would she even matter in any 2016 campaign? Who would make her an issue?
    Do you think Vanity Fair is allow the launch of a pre-emptive attack?

    I think Lynne Cheney's theory is correct.

  2. #602
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Let me help you out.

    I 100% concur that Bill's failures are what is at issue in the marriage. But, that doesn't absolve her of her own horrible behavior (2 affairs with married men at the age of 22).

    Not so sure about "failed" marriage, though. People remain in marriage after adultery for a variety of reasons. Sometimes sexual infidelity isn't the be all end all to the marriage.I have known marriages to not only survive adultery, but thrive.

    Let me help you out again. This is a thread about Monica and her article. The article is an explanation of history long past. A history that most of us hardly thought about in many years. The article reminds us of her behavior so many years ago. She is explaining herself to a new generation - ones that were really not that interested. To me, she has provided herself with more opportunity - not less - for scrutiny. She is/was responsible for her own behavior. At 22 she knew better. In the 90's tabloid TV was alive and well - and unless she was a completely sheltered individual and lacked the ability to discern right from wrong, her behavior had consequences. Sadly, the consequences were pretty rough for her. But in life, there is frequently a mismatch in consequences to actions. That is life.

    So, in short...Monica's wounds were self inflicted. I believe her article will just open up new scrutiny of her past behavior.

    I still want to know why she felt the need to launch a pre-emptive attack....why would she even matter in any 2016 campaign? Who would make her an issue?
    I have no idea why she did this story. You'd have to ask her.

  3. #603
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    She was an adult and a COLLEGE graduate. She also had one long term affair with a married man under her belt before Clinton. She was plenty adult for years.

    Frankly...really......how uncommon is it for much older men to seek out twentysomethings? Really. Some just succeed more than others.
    Your last sentences made me laugh out loud. You are so right....it has to be the fantasy of most middle aged men to have nooky with some young babe. And some get them....and others don't.

  4. #604
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    here is what you shared with us [with emphasis added by bubba]

    you said it yourself, that it is perfectly acceptable and normal for a 22 year old woman to have sex. so, why would that not also be true if she decided to screw your husband ... just as a 22 year old monica lewinsky had sex with clinton?
    tell us again how it would be ok for you for that 22 year old to have sex as she pleased
    and with that, yes, we are now finished here
    Good grief. You still at this?

    I missed the post where I used the words "acceptable" and "normal". Can you link to it? Because it wasn't in the post of mine you quoted. Today's grammar lesson...."legal" and "moral" aren't synonyms for "acceptable" and "normal".

    And for the 4th time for the reading impaired (you and whoever the "us" is that is reading over your shoulder"), I never said I'm okay with my husband having an affair. I'm not Hillary Clinton. Do you think I'm Hillary Clinton?

  5. #605
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,247

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Do you think Vanity Fair is allow the launch of a pre-emptive attack?

    I think Lynne Cheney's theory is correct.
    No, I think that they took advantage of a story that will resurface an old scandal and sell ad space.

  6. #606
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,247

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Your last sentences made me laugh out loud. You are so right....it has to be the fantasy of most middle aged men to have nooky with some young babe. And some get them....and others don't.
    Who said most? Your words, not mine.

    I said it was not uncommon . Do you think it is rare for a middle aged man to think about hooking up with a twenty something?

  7. #607
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,247

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Do you think Vanity Fair is allow the launch of a pre-emptive attack?

    I think Lynne Cheney's theory is correct.
    Lynne Cheney seems to think Hilary behind it.

    20 years later what damage is she to Hilary. None.

    So this conspiracy theory has someone forcing Monica to dredge up old news and write the essay?

    Good grief.

    Monica was old news. Now to blame Hillary for Monica writing the essay. That is rich.

    Of course Lynne Cheney is blaming Hillary.

  8. #608
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Do you think Vanity Fair is allow the launch of a pre-emptive attack?

    I think Lynne Cheney's theory is correct.
    That's funny, because I think Lynne Cheney's theory is bat**** crazy.

    The idea that the Clintons pushed Vanity Fair to "get the story out of the way" is utterly preposterous. Yes, the Clintons are politically savvy people, but conservatives like to treat Hillary as if she's Magneto.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #609
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Who said most? Your words, not mine.

    I said it was not uncommon . Do you think it is rare for a middle aged man to think about hooking up with a twenty something?
    "Who said most?" I did. Why on earth do you think anything otherwise?

    You said it was not uncommon. I agreed with you. If I said "most" middle aged men have that fantasy, why would you ask me if I think it's rare - after you pointed out that I said "most"?

    Were you just trying to be contrary by saying two different things while quoting a post where I agreed with you?

  10. #610
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    No, I think that they took advantage of a story that will resurface an old scandal and sell ad space.
    Who is your "they"? I was referring to one person's opinion expressed several days ago. Do you even know what Dr. Cheney said?

Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •