Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 680

Thread: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

  1. #461
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Like I stated earlier she went the silent route for 10 years, heck there were some speculating that the Clinton's paid her off not to talk, but the crap never stopped and in some ways allowed revisions in what really happened making Lewinsky their scapegoat. By her responding to their comments it puts them on notice and held accountable for what comes out of their mouths or their handlers in the press.
    And everyone had virtually forgotten about her. The only ones who haven't let this go are the Republicans and other political parties/members who don't like the Clintons. It certainly isn't the Clintons bringing it up.

    Even the "narcissistic loony toon" comment got maybe a day's worth of coverage during February. And even then, the vast majority of the commentary was about the Clintons, not Lewinsky, particularly Hillary's potential campaign.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #462
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,880

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And everyone had virtually forgotten about her. The only ones who haven't let this go are the Republicans and other political parties/members who don't like the Clintons. It certainly isn't the Clintons bringing it up.

    Even the "narcissistic loony toon" comment got maybe a day's worth of coverage during February. And even then, the vast majority of the commentary was about the Clintons, not Lewinsky, particularly Hillary's potential campaign.
    The Obama campaign didn't virtually forget about Lewinsky when he was running against Hillary for the nomination . They had their handlers out there reminding everyone who Hillary was married to.
    The narcissistic loony toon comment got maybe a day's worth of coverage my foot. Even you used it in this thread to describe Monica as it has been used by every Clintonite apologist in the press in reaction to Lewinsky's article. The comments Hillary made to Blair were on Drudge, Huffington Post, and every other most visited pages for at least a week and on many of these web pages the comment section to these articles are still open.

  3. #463
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Lol! This only proves her immature mind set. She was immature, not much more than a kid. That's a fact. He was a 50-something year old man with PLENTY of experience wooing much older and experienced women than Monica. Give us a break with your excuse making for the ex-president's sexual predatory ways!!! Monica is NOT the only one to make such allegations against him!
    I think the point was it was consensual. She didn't say no.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #464
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Monica is NOT the only one to make such allegations against him!
    Monica made allegations? Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  5. #465
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    The Obama campaign didn't virtually forget about Lewinsky when he was running against Hillary for the nomination . They had their handlers out there reminding everyone who Hillary was married to.
    The narcissistic loony toon comment got maybe a day's worth of coverage my foot. Even you used it in this thread to describe Monica as it has been used by every Clintonite apologist in the press in reaction to Lewinsky's article. The comments Hillary made to Blair were on Drudge, Huffington Post, and every other most visited pages for at least a week and on many of these web pages the comment section to these articles are still open.
    The only reason I'm talking about this at all is because there is a thread here where some are claiming she is some sort of innocent, naive victim. I didn't even know about the comment at all until looking it up for this thread.

    Yes, and from what I found, most were February 10th, 2014 (a few on the 11th). Again, even those stories talk much more about Hillary and her campaign than Monica. From the ones I've read, the only place Monica is mentioned is the fact that the comment was directed at her (and again, this is a comment made during the scandal, to Hillary's friend, that wouldn't have ever been found out about had some certain political figures went digging it up).

    I didn't here anything about Monica during the campaigns last time. In fact, even the reports say that she was barely mentioned.

    Monica Lewinsky Is Ancient History To Many Voters - The Daily Beast

    And this goes back to what I've been saying:

    Monica Lewinsky Vanity Fair Interview & Hillary Clinton's Presidency | New Republic

    "For the past year, Republicans have been aching to gather millennials—too young to remember the dirty details—round the campfire and tell them tales of cigars and blue dresses. Nevermind that millennials—too young to be remotely shocked by the sexual misdeeds of politicians—are unlikely to give a rat’s ass."

    Now tell me, how exactly does she do herself any good bringing this up when the Republicans already are trying to and getting pretty much blown off? The only thing it does is increase interest in the story, not decrease it.

    So she fears the press? She isn't avoiding it by "breaking her silence". She is doing nothing but bringing more attention to herself. This stunt will in no way reduce any of that "inevitable" attention that she is claiming she doesn't want.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #466
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,880

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The only reason I'm talking about this at all is because there is a thread here where some are claiming she is some sort of innocent, naive victim. I didn't even know about the comment at all until looking it up for this thread.

    Yes, and from what I found, most were February 10th, 2014 (a few on the 11th). Again, even those stories talk much more about Hillary and her campaign than Monica. From the ones I've read, the only place Monica is mentioned is the fact that the comment was directed at her (and again, this is a comment made during the scandal, to Hillary's friend, that wouldn't have ever been found out about had some certain political figures went digging it up).

    I didn't here anything about Monica during the campaigns last time. In fact, even the reports say that she was barely mentioned.

    Monica Lewinsky Is Ancient History To Many Voters - The Daily Beast

    And this goes back to what I've been saying:

    Monica Lewinsky Vanity Fair Interview & Hillary Clinton's Presidency | New Republic

    "For the past year, Republicans have been aching to gather millennials—too young to remember the dirty details—round the campfire and tell them tales of cigars and blue dresses. Nevermind that millennials—too young to be remotely shocked by the sexual misdeeds of politicians—are unlikely to give a rat’s ass."

    Now tell me, how exactly does she do herself any good bringing this up when the Republicans already are trying to and getting pretty much blown off? The only thing it does is increase interest in the story, not decrease it.

    So she fears the press? She isn't avoiding it by "breaking her silence". She is doing nothing but bringing more attention to herself. This stunt will in no way reduce any of that "inevitable" attention that she is claiming she doesn't want.
    Comments/opinions lock and step with every Clintonite in the media. The Daily Beast to say that Lewinsky was not an issue in the 2008 election is false. Commentary in print and on TV brought up the fact that Hillary carried the baggage of her husband's affairs and when the affairs were mentioned the name of Lewinsky was brought up. Yes the Clintons would love for it to all go away as would their minions.

  7. #467
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,257

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Oh come on! Bill Clinton was a philanderer quite obviously. Are you denying this? Or maybe Hilary just believes him?

    And these are the ones we KNOW about.
    Did I say that I believed that Hilary did not know that Bill was a philanderer? I am sure she DID know. But again (and again and again)- not every marriage ends when adultery is discovered. I know couples that split right up and couples that weathered through it. There is no hard and fast rule. But staying married is not "giving him a pass". It is not being ignorant of the situation. It is handling it privately in their own way.

  8. #468
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,257

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I think the point was it was consensual. She didn't say no.
    Not only consensual....she was showing skin and snapping her thong at him. That goes beyond a simple "flirt". That is downright overtly sexual.

    Clearly consensual.

  9. #469
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Comments/opinions lock and step with every Clintonite in the media. The Daily Beast to say that Lewinsky was not an issue in the 2008 election is false. Commentary in print and on TV brought up the fact that Hillary carried the baggage of her husband's affairs and when the affairs were mentioned the name of Lewinsky was brought up. Yes the Clintons would love for it to all go away as would their minions.
    Sounds like you are saying that Lewinsky wasn't actually brought up, but rather the affair was brought up.

    But again, what good does this do anyone? It is not going to help keep any press off of Lewinsky. It also is not likely in the least to change anyone's opinion about her (although it may cause some more younger people to have an opinion about her, negative or positive, when they probably wouldn't even have known about or cared about her before.

    The vast majority of those my age and younger either a) haven't heard of her (my brother, 6 years younger, had no clue who she was by name and couldn't recognize her photo) or b) could care less if she had an affair with an ex-POTUS (more power to her). Bringing this up only perpetuates the things she is claiming have made her life miserable, notoriety and media interest.

    And it isn't the Clintons bringing this stuff up. It is mainly the Republicans and some Dem rivals.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #470
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Monica made allegations? Link?
    Look it up.

    That is old, old news.

Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •