Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 680

Thread: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

  1. #311
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,276

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that if the CEO of Exxon Mobil was caught having an affair with a 22 year old intern in his company, the ones criticizing Lewinsky in this thread would be the same ones calling for the Exxon CEO to be burned at the stake, calling him a user and abuser of young girls, a pervert, a monster, and so on, and defending the honor of the young lady in question....?
    If he was married and she knew it...they both would be jerks.

    But if you look back on Bill's history as POTUS.....who was calling for him to be "burned at the stake"?

  2. #312
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,888

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Again....10 years ago. Where does her name keep popping up????This is the first time I have heard about her in many years!!What does Monica have to do with Hillary? She was the victim of Bill and Monica and weathered the storm.

    I am curious....can you site me sources for her name repetitively coming up in the media? Seriously, before this article has she even been on your radar in years??

    By the way...who benefits from Monica coming to the forefront again? Dems? Republicans? Monica? Bill? Fox?
    Just about every election year her name surfaces. The whole time Hillary was running for president there were countless stories about Lewinsky in the press rehashing the affair. There was a series by one reporter called "where is she now?" that posted every time Lewinski was seen in public. The past 10 years she has tried to live a private life but the media/Clintons have made that very difficult. She has turned down multi-million dollar interviews during this time. But because it is an election year and rumors of a Hillary run, her name is getting thrust back out there. Hillary has been confronted with questions about her husband's affairs and the name Lewinsky comes up.

    Monica did comment in her article about Hillary's conversation made public recently.

    And I quote..
    " Lewinsky doesn’t paint Hillary Clinton as the glass ceiling-cracker she claims to be.

    “Mrs. Clinton, I read, had supposedly confided to [Diane] Blair that, in part, she blamed herself for her husband’s affair (by being emotionally neglectful) and seemed to forgive him,” Lewinsky wrote in the article published yesterday. “I find her impulse to blame the Woman — not only me, but herself — troubling.”


    Monica Lewinsky Conspiracy Theories Resurface – From the Right, This Time - ABC News

    Right on Monica! Looks like Monica truly is all grown up.

  3. #313
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    If he was married and she knew it...they both would be jerks.

    But if you look back on Bill's history as POTUS.....who was calling for him to be "burned at the stake"?
    I wasn't a politician in DC at the time, so I don't care. I have given Clinton credit many times on this board for doing a good job as President.

    She wasn't a jerk. She never took any vows of fidelity to Hillary, as far as I know. She was footloose and fancy free. And young and naive.

  4. #314
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Monica Lewinski was used and abused by the President of the United States. She was barely an adult. He should, for the rest of his sorry life, be embarrassed by his actions. He's a scum bag. So's his wife.
    Don't you think you're being a little harsh? She said herself it was consensual. In fact, it was probably quite a thrill for her to be involved with the most powerful man in the world.

    She's not the victim here.

    The victim is Hillary Clinton, who had an unfaithful husband.

    On a personal note, I think all presidents cheat. I would be willing to bet a significant amount of money that Obama is cheating on his wife right now. How to put this.... the day he became president, he's out of his wife's league.

  5. #315
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that if the CEO of Exxon Mobil was caught having an affair with a 22 year old intern in his company, the ones criticizing Lewinsky in this thread would be the same ones calling for the Exxon CEO to be burned at the stake, calling him a user and abuser of young girls, a pervert, a monster, and so on, and defending the honor of the young lady in question....?
    Why? I don't care who he's banging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  6. #316
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Don't you think you're being a little harsh? She said herself it was consensual. In fact, it was probably quite a thrill for her to be involved with the most powerful man in the world.

    She's not the victim here.

    The victim is Hillary Clinton, who had an unfaithful husband.

    On a personal note, I think all presidents cheat. I would be willing to bet a significant amount of money that Obama is cheating on his wife right now. How to put this.... the day he became president, he's out of his wife's league.
    IMO, there is no such thing as a consensual relationship between the President of the United States and an intern.

  7. #317
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    On a personal note, I think all presidents cheat. I would be willing to bet a significant amount of money that Obama is cheating on his wife right now. How to put this.... the day he became president, he's out of his wife's league.
    WTF? So if one president cheats, they all do? What the hell is wrong with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    IMO, there is no such thing as a consensual relationship between the President of the United States and an intern.
    Because he's in a position of power over her?

    Most women are attracted to power. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was not only consensual, but if she were the one making the first moves. She probably had him in her sights.

  9. #319
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Why? I don't care who he's banging.
    When you're in my cabinet, you better leave the hussies out of your office.

  10. #320
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Monica Lewinsky Breaks her Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Because he's in a position of power over her?

    Most women are attracted to power. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was not only consensual, but if she were the one making the first moves. She probably had him in her sights.
    The ultimate position of power. It wouldn't surprise me either, Peter. That doesn't make it acceptable. Did he break any laws re this relationship? No, he didn't. But he certainly proved he's a dog.

    I agree with you, though. It would seem that powerful men have penis's that just won't stay in their pants. Stronger zippers?

Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •