Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 171

Thread: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Yes, skipping meals actually does hurt kids. They are not eating the whole wheat pasta because it tastes like crap. And there is no proof that serving kids whole wheat pasta instead of white pasta is any healthier for them. If fact, the opposite appears to be the case. If the kids reject it then it is obviously much less healthy for them.

    White pasta has a lot more nutrition than nothing.

    Kids reject brocoli but it's still good for them.


    The Nutrition of Whole Wheat Pasta / Nutrition / Healthy Eating

    It's objectively good for people, kids and adults alike. So stop the BS.

  2. #82
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    duh guvhermenht is eout tuh geht mih.
    ...

    The future of the country and the defense of the country are both issues that concern, or should concern, a responsible government administration. The fact that you so naively and wrongfully attack any initiative to make that future better and to prevent a scenario where the national security is crippled shows just how much you're disconnected with the workings of day to day administration and governmental work or the purpose.

    The reality is that the individual is not always right and the citizenry, in america, is mostly comprised of idiots. 1/5th can't show where the USA is on the world map even though most world maps on display in the public eye cut asia in half just so the USA can be straight in the middle. A lot think creationism is real. A lot can't name the 3 branches of government. And this isn't just about one party or another, it's endemic.

    And a whole lot of people don't understand what a government does. If it is 2 things the Obama administration did right is tackle obesity and promote green energy. That's the 2 things that it did right. Everything else is questionable and under scrutiny, the jury is still out...

    Your comments display just how divorced you are from reality and those who are like-minded are also severely divorced from it as well. You say that you'll deal with obesity in 20 years but there is no indication that anything is going to chance. In 20 years, the problem will be worse because trends don't just shift without something happening. And republicans, especially this new idiotic wing of the republican party who is so anti government it's bordering mental retardation, is crippling the USA. I get that people want less spending but you don't get that by doing government shutdowns or wasting time trying to repeal 50 times a law that has passed and that you'll never manage to repeal. It's endemic in the political and social structure and there is no remedy except for some really tough love. And it will take either the government, a strong one which this one isn't, but a strong government with the political will to carry it through.... or a very dedicated and powerful group civic-minded people who care about society... or divine intervention. And since God, despite all the praising, isn't gonna come down from the Heavens and guide america forward and there is no such group in existence... then it'll have to be a strong political will to change the course.

    This isn't to say the USA is the only country in the world which has problems. But it sure as **** is the only country in the world who still fingers itself thinking it's the best darn country ever and has no real problems it can't deal with and where the citizenry is so unstable and partisan and uninspired that they're happily digging themselves deeper. No other country has so much self-masturbatory juice running through its veines.
    Wow, you've lost the thread so thoroughly you've taken to arguing with yourself. Arguing both point and counterpoint - talk about "self-masturbatory" behavior.

    I made NONE of the arguments you've baked up to respond to with such passion. Nowhere did I say I'd wait 20 years to deal with obesity. And the specious nonsense about it harming national security is just that - specious nonsense.

    You've made it obvious you don't believe your fellow citizenry can live without the federal government telling them how. Thank goodness you're still in the wrong country if you want that view to be honored.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post

    Kids reject brocoli but it's still good for them.


    The Nutrition of Whole Wheat Pasta / Nutrition / Healthy Eating

    It's objectively good for people, kids and adults alike. So stop the BS.
    BS!

    If they do not eat it (reject it) they get zero nutrition from it. That concept shouldn't be too hard to comprehend.

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,625

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Winchester View Post
    You think I'm a Con cause I used the word beggars? Have you never heard the phrase "beggars can't be choosers"? Try this one, "never look a gift horse in the mouth".
    I KNOW you're a CON because you apply Beggar to many hard working Americans- everyone from cops to clerks. no one is begging- try and get that through your CON head.

    You're also confused on who is working to create healthier meals... this isn't the parents but the 'gubmint', the parents are not looking a gift horse anywhere... the mean ol gubmint is looking to use better horses...

    Now one quoteIi bet you don't know... ends with 'and remove all doubt'...

  5. #85
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    BS!

    If they do not eat it (reject it) they get zero nutrition from it. That concept shouldn't be too hard to comprehend.
    With the right education and incentives, we can make everyone live the good way. See your local goverment life councilor for more information.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #86
    Sage
    Winchester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,485

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I KNOW you're a CON because you apply Beggar to many hard working Americans- everyone from cops to clerks. no one is begging- try and get that through your CON head.

    You're also confused on who is working to create healthier meals... this isn't the parents but the 'gubmint', the parents are not looking a gift horse anywhere... the mean ol gubmint is looking to use better horses...

    Now one quoteIi bet you don't know... ends with 'and remove all doubt'...
    okay... whatever you say.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    BS!

    If they do not eat it (reject it) they get zero nutrition from it. That concept shouldn't be too hard to comprehend.
    Yeah. I guess they should continue to eat french fries and hamburgers. That worked wonders thus far for the health of the kids. That's why there are 2-5 years old who are obese. 12%. Look at the post I made a few pages back.

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,625

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Yes, skipping meals actually does hurt kids. They are not eating the whole wheat pasta because it tastes like crap, not because they are not hungry. And there is no proof that serving kids whole wheat pasta instead of white pasta is any healthier for them. If fact, the opposite appears to be the case. If the kids reject it then it is obviously much less healthy for them. White pasta has a lot more nutrition than nothing.
    Actually whole wheat pasta tastes about the same, especially under sauce. What can throw kids is the color and if not prepared by educated cooks- the texture.

    fault most likely lays with poor preparation and a crappy sauce...

  9. #89
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You blind yourself to the wiggle words because it suits your argument. COULD BECOME is not will become. And all this is in the rank opinion of ONE general. I know two former generals, both have opinions and ideas that would make you say, "wtf?".
    Speaking of "wiggle", you're wiggling from one argument to another. You can't seem to settle on "it's not a government issue" or "it's not true" or "we have to wait until it becomes a problem". Whenever I question one, you wiggle to the other.

    Anything that effects our national security is a government issue

    We don't have to wait until it harms our national security before taking action

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    However, I am not exactly comfortable with government as a teacher. I don't look to my government to teach me to "be better". Maybe you do.
    Yeah, the last thing our schools should be doing is teaching things to kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Wow, you've lost the thread so thoroughly you've taken to arguing with yourself. Arguing both point and counterpoint - talk about "self-masturbatory" behavior.

    I made NONE of the arguments you've baked up to respond to with such passion. Nowhere did I say I'd wait 20 years to deal with obesity. And the specious nonsense about it harming national security is just that - specious nonsense.

    You've made it obvious you don't believe your fellow citizenry can live without the federal government telling them how. Thank goodness you're still in the wrong country if you want that view to be honored.
    I've not lost anything. It all ties in to that same mentality. It's the same stupid ideology that reflects a complete misunderstanding of the world around them.

    I don't know why I bother to talk to the likes of you. You're all clearly inept for such discussions. You deny the facts that don't favor you and twist the reality of the circumstances to favor you in a pitiful sort of way. You deny the problem of obesity, you don't understand the role of government and it's clear you're not fit for such a discussion. If you want to know where to begin to expand your horizons, start with a reading De Re Publica by Cicero. It's the foundation for the republic and the role of the citizenry and the relation between the people and those who they entrust to govern on their behalf. Once you're done with that, you can move on to Voltaire and read what he had to say about the notion of government and the republic. It may serve you well to understand what a "government" actually is because the way you talk about it, and how others like you talk about it, it's clear that you have no clue.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •