Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 171

Thread: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

  1. #71
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Your solution is to punish the child and let them go hungry all day? Tough kid, We're not going to reward your irresponsible parents by giving you a sandwich. Talk about a ****ing heartless POV.
    Sorry responsible people you gotta pay more xause we care! Heartless is relative. The path to hell is paved with good intentions.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #72
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    So the Right prefers that our tax dollars subsidize sugar, salt, corn and grease, processed psuedo-food for children to eat at school. That is a good thing. But if those dollars subsidize whole foods, fruits and vegetables, that is a bad thing? Talk about an ass jack backwards POV.
    Actually, sugars, salt, corn and grease ARE part of a healthy human diet. But no, no one is saying we shouldn't also subsidize the production of whole foods and vegies, we do, we always have. However, it's the cost of the product at delivery that counts here. And again, if it doesn't dig into the educational budget, fine.

    But in the end cafeteria food isn't going to be the best, most nutritious, most tasty food you can provide with unlimited funding. If parents want that for their kids they can and should pack a lunch for them.

  3. #73
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,532

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    So punish the responsible parents by taxing them so you dont feel guilty. Ever think many of these kids on free meals are because the parents refuse to be responsible because they know ppl like you will gladly make others pay for thier kids?
    You can always take comfort knowing that a bit of your tax money is being used to fill the belly of hungry children who have dip**** parents. Give yourself a round of applause.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  4. #74
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,532

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Sorry responsible people you gotta pay more xause we care! Heartless is relative. The path to hell is paved with good intentions.
    Wow. Heartless.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  5. #75
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Your solution is to punish the child and let them go hungry all day? Tough kid, We're not going to reward your irresponsible parents by giving you a sandwich. Talk about a ****ing heartless POV.
    Yea, that's it. F the child. That's the point I'm trying to make.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That's nice, so you agree with me then. I said "I have no problem with local and state government promoting good nutrition, advertising it. But mandating it? No."

    However, I am not exactly comfortable with government as a teacher. I don't look to my government to teach me to "be better". Maybe you do.
    You're hopeless. You're a one trick pony discussion participant and that one trick you have is to say "duh govenermehnt" every time.

    Boooring.

  7. #77
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,105

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I heard some mom got life in prison for sending in a sack lunch that didn't meet federal standards.
    Not life, but............

    School takes child’s sack lunch saying it was unhealthy | KRQE News 13 Blog Albuquerque, NM

    A North Carolina school is under fire after a state health inspector allegedly made a child eat a school lunch of chicken nuggets instead of her sack lunch because hers didnít meet state health guidelines.

    The girls grandmother says the sack lunch consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich on white bread, potato chips, a banana and apple juice.

    A school spokesperson says while the lunch was healthy, it was missing milk, a key part of what is considered to be a healthy meal. The spokesperson went on to say that the inspector should have simply offered the child milk instead of a replacement meal, but says its part of policy to make sure children have healthy food options.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  8. #78
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    You're hopeless. You're a one trick pony discussion participant and that one trick you have is to say "duh govenermehnt" every time.

    Boooring.
    Doesn't cast your general reading skills in a very good light if you think that after having read my posts.

    But considering it is government we're talking about here, mention of the government is hardly out of place.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Doesn't cast your general reading skills in a very good light if you think that after having read my posts.

    But considering it is government we're talking about here, mention of the government is hardly out of place.
    duh guvhermenht is eout tuh geht mih.
    ...

    The future of the country and the defense of the country are both issues that concern, or should concern, a responsible government administration. The fact that you so naively and wrongfully attack any initiative to make that future better and to prevent a scenario where the national security is crippled shows just how much you're disconnected with the workings of day to day administration and governmental work or the purpose.

    The reality is that the individual is not always right and the citizenry, in america, is mostly comprised of idiots. 1/5th can't show where the USA is on the world map even though most world maps on display in the public eye cut asia in half just so the USA can be straight in the middle. A lot think creationism is real. A lot can't name the 3 branches of government. And this isn't just about one party or another, it's endemic.

    And a whole lot of people don't understand what a government does. If it is 2 things the Obama administration did right is tackle obesity and promote green energy. That's the 2 things that it did right. Everything else is questionable and under scrutiny, the jury is still out...

    Your comments display just how divorced you are from reality and those who are like-minded are also severely divorced from it as well. You say that you'll deal with obesity in 20 years but there is no indication that anything is going to chance. In 20 years, the problem will be worse because trends don't just shift without something happening. And republicans, especially this new idiotic wing of the republican party who is so anti government it's bordering mental retardation, is crippling the USA. I get that people want less spending but you don't get that by doing government shutdowns or wasting time trying to repeal 50 times a law that has passed and that you'll never manage to repeal. It's endemic in the political and social structure and there is no remedy except for some really tough love. And it will take either the government, a strong one which this one isn't, but a strong government with the political will to carry it through.... or a very dedicated and powerful group civic-minded people who care about society... or divine intervention. And since God, despite all the praising, isn't gonna come down from the Heavens and guide america forward and there is no such group in existence... then it'll have to be a strong political will to change the course.

    This isn't to say the USA is the only country in the world which has problems. But it sure as **** is the only country in the world who still fingers itself thinking it's the best darn country ever and has no real problems it can't deal with and where the citizenry is so unstable and partisan and uninspired that they're happily digging themselves deeper. No other country has so much self-masturbatory juice running through its veines.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think she should look at her recipe. If kids are rejecting whole wheat pasta, then they're probably not hungry or have other choices they like better. It isn't rocket science. And it certainly doesn't hurt today's kids to skip a meal.
    Yes, skipping meals actually does hurt kids. They are not eating the whole wheat pasta because it tastes like crap, not because they are not hungry. And there is no proof that serving kids whole wheat pasta instead of white pasta is any healthier for them. If fact, the opposite appears to be the case. If the kids reject it then it is obviously much less healthy for them.

    White pasta has a lot more nutrition than nothing.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •