Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 171

Thread: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    So, where do parents and family enter into the patriotic Nation you're referring to? With school systems like LAUSD now providing meals 7 days per week, all throughout the year, what are parents needed for?

    Why is the government removing parents, and parental responsibility, from children?
    Read below.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Lol. You are in hook line sinker with this goverment nanny state bull**** aintcha?
    No, I'm just looking at the obesity rates in the USA and how they keep going up, year after year and none of the "nanny state" haters out there are doing anything about it. At least the government realizes that there is a problem and tries to give people and education into how to rectify it.

    FASTSTATS - Overweight Prevalence

    Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are obese: 35.9% (2009-2010)
    Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are overweight, including obesity: 69.2% (2009-2010)
    Percent of adolescents age 12-19 years who are obese: 18.4% (2009-2010)
    Percent of children age 6-11 years who are obese: 18.0% (2009-2010)
    Percent of children age 2-5 years who are obese: 12.1% (2009-2010)
    This is not normal. 12% of children ages 2-5 are obese. Nearly 70% of all adults over 20 are obese. Something needs to be done to correct this trend. It's only going to get worse.

    As for the parents. It's clear that parents alone are doing a ****ty job in america teaching their kids to eat right and exercise because 70% of the people who are old enough to be parents, the ones over 20, are they themselves obese or overweight. 36% are obese. So yeah. No wonder 12-19 years old have 18% obesity rates. it's time the state intervenes before it becomes a national crisis. It already is, the military said that child obesity is a national security risk.

    So go on, you all "nanny state" haters out there, fix the problem by yourselves. Start activity campaigns. Get involved if you dont' want the state to get involved. But you won't because you all are just a bunch of talkers. Loudmouths.

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    That you think this is about consrvstives against healthy food shows how dishonest a person you are.
    You missed adpst post didn't you? A common flaw in CONs, tunnel vision. CONs are not FOR healthy foods for the school lunch program- costs too much and the proof is in wanting to keep the pudding... (play on words- you may not get it) IF CONS cared about healthy they would be working WITH instead of trying to delay moving toward healthy and using ignorant phrases like 'Central Planning' or 'forced edicts'....

    Just saying you can tell a CON game by the partisan spin they put on everything....

  3. #23
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Read below.



    No, I'm just looking at the obesity rates in the USA and how they keep going up, year after year and none of the "nanny state" haters out there are doing anything about it. At least the government realizes that there is a problem and tries to give people and education into how to rectify it.

    FASTSTATS - Overweight Prevalence



    This is not normal. 12% of children ages 2-5 are obese. Nearly 70% of all adults over 20 are obese. Something needs to be done to correct this trend. It's only going to get worse.

    As for the parents. It's clear that parents alone are doing a ****ty job in america teaching their kids to eat right and exercise because 70% of the people who are old enough to be parents, the ones over 20, are they themselves obese or overweight. 36% are obese. So yeah. No wonder 12-19 years old have 18% obesity rates. it's time the state intervenes before it becomes a national crisis. It already is, the military said that child obesity is a national security risk.

    So go on, you all "nanny state" haters out there, fix the problem by yourselves. Start activity campaigns. Get involved if you dont' want the state to get involved. But you won't because you all are just a bunch of talkers. Loudmouths.
    I understand children are obese. That is a shame.

    However, why are people so anxious to allow government bureaucrats to further remove the need for parents for anything other than the germination and growth of another human being? What happens when we've given away so many rights and responsibilities, they really aren't our kids anymore?

  4. #24
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Read below.



    No, I'm just looking at the obesity rates in the USA and how they keep going up, year after year and none of the "nanny state" haters out there are doing anything about it. At least the government realizes that there is a problem and tries to give people and education into how to rectify it.

    FASTSTATS - Overweight Prevalence



    This is not normal. 12% of children ages 2-5 are obese. Nearly 70% of all adults over 20 are obese. Something needs to be done to correct this trend. It's only going to get worse.

    As for the parents. It's clear that parents alone are doing a ****ty job in america teaching their kids to eat right and exercise because 70% of the people who are old enough to be parents, the ones over 20, are they themselves obese or overweight. 36% are obese. So yeah. No wonder 12-19 years old have 18% obesity rates. it's time the state intervenes before it becomes a national crisis. It already is, the military said that child obesity is a national security risk.

    So go on, you all "nanny state" haters out there, fix the problem by yourselves. Start activity campaigns. Get involved if you dont' want the state to get involved. But you won't because you all are just a bunch of talkers. Loudmouths.
    school lunches will have about zilch impact on obesity rates. Lack of exersize, shortened or wimpy pe. Parents letting tv babysit and mcd's feed thier kids. Crap ass "healthy" lunches that kids wont eat forced by nanny state proponents doing it for the children is a bad way to tackle such
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #25
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Lol. You are in hook line sinker with this goverment nanny state bull**** aintcha?
    Says the poster who is defending the unhealthy lunches, which are just as heavily subsidized by the govt!!

    I mean, how deluded must one be to think that one form of govt supplied lunch is tyranny while another is freedom?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #26
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    You missed adpst post didn't you? A common flaw in CONs, tunnel vision. CONs are not FOR healthy foods for the school lunch program- costs too much and the proof is in wanting to keep the pudding... (play on words- you may not get it) IF CONS cared about healthy they would be working WITH instead of trying to delay moving toward healthy and using ignorant phrases like 'Central Planning' or 'forced edicts'....

    Just saying you can tell a CON game by the partisan spin they put on everything....
    You are a very insulting, dishonest person and im just gonna quit bithering with your passive aggressive CON crap.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #27
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Says the poster who is defending the unhealthy lunches, which are just as heavily subsidized by the govt!!

    I mean, how deluded must one be to think that one form of govt supplied lunch is tyranny while another is freedom?
    Another "fail to get it" poster.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I understand children are obese. That is a shame.

    However, why are people so anxious to allow government bureaucrats to further remove the need for parents for anything other than the germination and growth of another human being? What happens when we've given away so many rights and responsibilities, they really aren't our kids anymore?
    Nobody is removing the parents. It's just complementing in the areas where the parents clearly screw up. Like feeding the kids. there is no excuse for 2-5 years old to be obese, 12% of them. No excuse. And even less for the 18% of the 6-19 years olds.

    Parents need to do a better job and because a lot of them aren't, you get such dismal results. The difference is, that some parents just can't. Some are single parents. Some are bad parents. Some just don't know how to deal with kids. And that may explain PART of the problem with child obesity but the state, and the state educational system doesn't have such issues. It's an institution which needs to work to peak performances. Granted, the educational system in some ares is rubbish and that's the failure of the state and the federal govt but it is tolerated because people aren't making popular marches on the streets demanding better schools. And it's pathetic. Bad overall.
    The state isn't interesting in raising your kids. It's too expensive. that's just paranoia. Even in the time of communism the state didn't raise the children so you have nothing to fear.

  9. #29
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    I am waiting for the schools to end the scourge of having to wear pants. think of the lost freedom!

  10. #30
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Another "fail to get it" poster.
    Then why don't you explain how the traditional govt-supplied lunches are not an example of "nanny state bull****"?

    That should be good for a laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •