Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 171

Thread: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

  1. #141
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No you're not
    So you're not in favor of a government based solution?
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  2. #142
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    So you're not in favor of a government based solution?
    I'm not in favor of describing what you did as "logical"

    Or honest
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #143
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    The problem with the emotionalism that cloaks ProgLibs in ignorance, is that you're focused on creating more irresponsible parents, when the need is to reduce the pool of them. Stop it, or the majority will most certainly do so without you.
    The problem is the emotionalism CONs use in their CON games. Who is creating more irresponsible parents???? They work, they send their kids to school. These are cops and clerks... you focus on a tiny percentage who don't work and call them the total.... that is the ignorant part.

    parents leaving the small rural towns at Oh dark 30 to hold a job, cops who don't make big bucks- however CONs only see the strawman they wish to fight.

  4. #144
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I'm not in favor of describing what you did as "logical"

    Or honest
    Yeah, I've seen that strategy here a lot, but to your credit, you haven't called me a racist. Yet.

    So you want some government control in the dietary decisions people make because of obesity, etc. Where do you draw the line? At what point can people be trusted to decide these things for themselves? The argument has been made that this is a national security issue so wouldn't that justify a high amount of government involvement?
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  5. #145
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Yeah, I've seen that strategy here a lot, but to your credit, you haven't called me a racist. Yet.

    So you want some government control in the dietary decisions people make because of obesity, etc. Where do you draw the line? At what point can people be trusted to decide these things for themselves? The argument has been made that this is a national security issue so wouldn't that justify a high amount of government involvement?
    Where do I draw the line?

    For example, just because I support medical care for health conditions, that doesn't mean i think everyone with a headache should have surgery.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #146
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Where do I draw the line?

    For example, just because I support medical care for health conditions, that doesn't mean i think everyone with a headache should have surgery.
    But that doesn't answer the question.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  7. #147
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    But that doesn't answer the question.
    Yes it did. It's just that a silly question deserves an equally silly answer.

    But if you'd like a serious answer, here it is - google "strict scrutiny"

    :
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #148
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes it did. It's just that a silly question deserves an equally silly answer.

    But if you'd like a serious answer, here it is - google "strict scrutiny"

    :
    Asking you where you draw the line with government intervention in people's dietary decisions is not a silly question. It's determining your boundaries about where people can be trusted in your view. So far all you've done is dodge and deflect. Really makes me wonder if my post about government cafeterias is closer than you're comfortable admitting.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  9. #149
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    The problem is the emotionalism CONs use in their CON games. Who is creating more irresponsible parents???? They work, they send their kids to school. These are cops and clerks... you focus on a tiny percentage who don't work and call them the total.... that is the ignorant part.

    parents leaving the small rural towns at Oh dark 30 to hold a job, cops who don't make big bucks- however CONs only see the strawman they wish to fight.
    Once again you've established the pathetic fact.

    You focus on what you admit is a tiny percentage and create a government program around it, while suggesting cops and clerks are unwilling to feed their children. What a joke!!

    Again, should the shroud ever come off the ProgLib ideology, reducing the number of irresponsible parents will be understood to be a good thing, rather than allowing more of them to escape the responsibility of their own actions.

    Remove the shroud, or watch as the majority exclude Progs from the opportunity to participate in such positive actions.

  10. #150
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Schools seek changes to healthier lunch rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Asking you where you draw the line with government intervention in people's dietary decisions is not a silly question.
    Since I've said nothing about govt intervening in people's dietary decisions, it's not only a silly question, it's a dishonest one

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    So you want some government control in the dietary decisions people make because of obesity, etc.
    I said nothing about the govt controlling anyone's dietary decisions. Please stop being so dishonest
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •