Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 147

Thread: Utah lawmaker moves to disarm BLM, IRS, says ‘They’re not paramilitary units’

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Utah lawmaker moves to disarm BLM, IRS, says ‘They’re not paramilitary units’

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Who told you that?

    Pretty much all of these agencies:

    Major U.S. Federal Regulatory Agencies

    Have enforcement responsibilities and corresponding officers.
    Do you think it matters to me what regulatory agencies have its own police force? It doesn't. None of them should have its own police force. (btw: CPS does not have its own police force. It uses police for protection when they think they may need it...and I have a feeling that there's a few more on that list that doesn't have a police force of its very own also).
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Utah lawmaker moves to disarm BLM, IRS, says ‘They’re not paramilitary units’

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Using local police or the FBI to enforce federal court orders requiring 40 officers and a full day (of rounding up cows) is absurd.

    Having a small contingent of officers takes the headache off local resources.
    Why is it absurd? Isn't that what the FBI and police are for? To enforce laws?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #63
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Utah lawmaker moves to disarm BLM, IRS, says ‘They’re not paramilitary units’

    Kal, you're just making this crap up about regulatory agencies not having a police force. It's nonsense.

  4. #64
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Utah lawmaker moves to disarm BLM, IRS, says ‘They’re not paramilitary units’

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Kal, you're just making this crap up about regulatory agencies not having a police force. It's nonsense.
    1: I said that they shouldn't have police forces. Obviously some of them do. And that IS what we are debating here isn't it? Whether or not the Senator has a point that the BLM should not have its own police force?

    2: Prove to me that the CPS has a police force of its own. If I'm making it up then it should be no problem for you to prove that they do.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #65
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Utah lawmaker moves to disarm BLM, IRS, says ‘They’re not paramilitary units’

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    1: I said that they shouldn't have police forces. Obviously some of them do. And that IS what we are debating here isn't it? Whether or not the Senator has a point that the BLM should not have its own police force?
    Thusfar, you've elucidated no logic or reason behind your position. I've provided plenty of logic and reason behind some regulatory agencies having a police force, so as not to place undue burden on local resources be they PD or FBI.

    2: Prove to me that the CPS has a police force of its own. If I'm making it up then it should be no problem for you to prove that they do.
    I didn't claim every regulatory agency has police.

  6. #66
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Utah lawmaker moves to disarm BLM, IRS, says ‘They’re not paramilitary units’

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    If that's what you're getting from this then you need to re-read. We're not talking about their right to own a gun for self defense. We're talking about a regulatory agency using it's own police force to enforce its regulatory power. Such an agency should not have its own private police force. That's what the FBI and police are for. To enforce laws and regulations. The BLM should be using them instead of its own police force.
    So the employees who have to cover vast wildernesses with dangerous animals have to call in the FBI or local police to defend themselves against wild animals and crazy ranchers?

    I understand what you are getting at, but we are talking about an organisation who's responsibility is to manage vast area's of the country that are rather wild... just saying, if any non police force/security force type agency should have access to weapons then it should be them.
    PeteEU

  7. #67
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Utah lawmaker moves to disarm BLM, IRS, says ‘They’re not paramilitary units’

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Thusfar, you've elucidated no logic or reason behind your position. I've provided plenty of logic and reason behind some regulatory agencies having a police force, so as not to place undue burden on local resources be they PD or FBI.
    Incorrect. My reasonings thus far have been that it can create a biased force. Can cause abuse of their power and its a needless waste of money being spent on that agency as there are already other avenues available to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I didn't claim every regulatory agency has police.
    Perhaps. You definitely did make the claim that I was making stuff up about regulatory agencies not having police force. Considering your post was directly after the one were I pointed out to you that the CPS doesn't have its own police force I had every reason to believe that you were responding to that post and as such was contesting my claim that the CPS does not have a police force. I did wonder why you didn't just quote it. Now i'm pretty sure why.....
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #68
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Utah lawmaker moves to disarm BLM, IRS, says ‘They’re not paramilitary units’

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    So the employees who have to cover vast wildernesses with dangerous animals have to call in the FBI or local police to defend themselves against wild animals and crazy ranchers?

    I understand what you are getting at, but we are talking about an organisation who's responsibility is to manage vast area's of the country that are rather wild... just saying, if any non police force/security force type agency should have access to weapons then it should be them.
    Like I said earlier in the thread. I have no problem with them having personal weapons for defense. But they certainly do not need a police force of their own.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #69
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Utah lawmaker moves to disarm BLM, IRS, says ‘They’re not paramilitary units’

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Incorrect. My reasonings thus far have been that it can create a biased force. Can cause abuse of their power and its a needless waste of money being spent on that agency as there are already other avenues available to it.
    Anything can "cause" an abuse of power. That's a meaningless platitude.

    I've already explained how the agency having a small force saves money, time and effort by local agencies who do not always have such resources available for extended periods of time.


    Perhaps. You definitely did make the claim that I was making stuff up about regulatory agencies not having police force. Considering your post was directly after the one were I pointed out to you that the CPS doesn't have its own police force I had every reason to believe that you were responding to that post and as such was contesting my claim that the CPS does not have a police force. I did wonder why you didn't just quote it. Now i'm pretty sure why.....
    You misunderstand. I know some regulatory agencies do not have a police force. I stated that clearly long ago.

    What you are inventing, out of thin air, is this "regulatory agencies should not have a police force".

    Why so worried about the BLM? Ever made a thread about another regulatory agency with a police force? No, you haven't have you. In fact, let's just admit, this hare-brained crap never even occurred to you until you felt an inexplicable urge to support a fraud thief racist.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 05-01-14 at 07:11 AM.

  10. #70
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Utah lawmaker moves to disarm BLM, IRS, says ‘They’re not paramilitary units’

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Anything can cause an abuse of power. That's a meaningless platitude.
    If it was meaningless then why do legislatures not have their own personal police force?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I've already explained how the agency having a small force saves money, time and effort by local agencies who do not always have such resources available for extended periods of time.
    And I've already explained that local resources are actually better equipped to deal with local issues. Local police are more likely to know the demographics of the people and how best to respond to a situation than someone that doesn't even live in the same state, much less the same city/town. Tell me, who do you think would be better at moving cattle? Local police who have to deal with ranchers and their cattle...or someone that's never even seen a cow much less herded them? Who do you think is going to know more about the habits of a heard of cows in a given area and as such will be able to find them easier...the local police...or the BLM? Even a 20 year veteran of the police force is going to take suggestions from the local guys if he/she just transferred in.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You misunderstand. I know some regulatory agencies do not have a police force. I stated that clearly long ago.
    Why don't they? Actually lets narrow this down so you can be a bit more specific. Why doesn't the CPS have its own police force? After all, their job can be dangerous.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    What you are inventing, out of thin air, is this "regulatory agencies should not have a police force".

    Why so worried about the BLM? Ever made a thread about another regulatory agency with a police force? No, you haven't have you. In fact, let's just admit, this hare-brained crap never even occurred to you until you felt an inexplicable urge to support a fraud thief racist.
    In case you hadn't noticed by now I've been including all regulatory agencies. Not just the BLM. Though I have used them specifically also as that is what the thread is about.

    And just as you were wrong about my reasons for supporting Bundy you are wrong about it never occuring to me before. You're right that I've never made a thread about it. But then I don't put all my thoughts on a forums either. I doubt that you do too....of course I could be wrong about that. It does seem that the age of twitter has made a lot of people hunger for the need to post every little inane thing that pops into their head.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •