Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 325

Thread: Newly released Benghazi documents reinforce that White House was pushing that video w

  1. #71
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Newly released Benghazi documents reinforce that White House was pushing that vid

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with that, the White House doesn't want to put a representative on TV that mistakes the known facts. That doesn't matter who the president happens to be, its common sense.
    So why did the Obama administration do it ?

    Why did they put Susan Rice up to her propaganda spreading 5 appearances ?

    It wasn't factual and they knew it wasn't factual

  2. #72
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Newly released Benghazi documents reinforce that White House was pushing that vid

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    No, " every administration" did not purposely mislead the American public about the Deaths of 4 Americans right before a election because it was too Politically risky to tell the truth.

    We told you people Benghazzi went back to the WH almost immediately aftee it happened and we got " prove it did ".

    Well, here's your proof
    That hasn't been established. What they all do is shape the message. I see people asking questions, looking for the right way put it. For something that only lasted a little while before it was corrected, you will need a lot more than this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #73
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Newly released Benghazi documents reinforce that White House was pushing that vid

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    So why did the Obama administration do it ?

    Why did they put Susan Rice up to her propaganda spreading 5 appearances ?

    It wasn't factual and they knew it wasn't factual
    What exactly did Susan Rice say that wasn't factual? (be precise, I want to know the exact words used).

  4. #74
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Newly released Benghazi documents reinforce that White House was pushing that vid

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Why would that be new? White staff is always involved, in every administration. This is how it works. I'm sorry, but in reading them I see nothing of any kind of new bombshell.
    Except that they denied being involved with crafting the talking points.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #75
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Newly released Benghazi documents reinforce that White House was pushing that vid

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with that, the White House doesn't want to put a representative on TV that mistakes the known facts. That doesn't matter who the president happens to be, its common sense.
    There wouldn't be anything wrong with it, other than it being a lie, had they not denied doing it.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #76
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,761

    Re: Newly released Benghazi documents reinforce that White House was pushing that vid

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    If ever there was an oversimplification coupled with gross insensitivity that's it.

    "four Americans were killed in a war zone, so what"? Please drop in on the relatives of the deceased and mention that will you?
    I would invite you to re-read my post, which you so cleverly misquoted.
    Didn't I see a post of yours where you stated you were a journalist?
    Out of context, misquotes.....yep, you're a journalist all right.

    It helps to minimize the depth of the scandal to ignore the fact it was not, according to the White House, a "war zone".
    Doesn't matter---to me anyway---what the WH says, the entire freaking Middle-East is a war zone.



    It obscures the fact that a diplomat was involved in CIA activities and that help was denied him and the other three Americans
    Hmmm.....your fellow travelers on this thread, don't believe the CIA was even involved.
    As to whether the 4 Americans died because of an incompetent response...there has been no evidence of that.
    If there was such evidence, GOP hacks wouldn't focus on the irrelevant topic of this thread.

    It obscures all the facts actually.
    Much like your post.
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  7. #77
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Newly released Benghazi documents reinforce that White House was pushing that vid

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    There wouldn't be anything wrong with it, other than it being a lie, had they not denied doing it.
    Here is what Amb. Susan Rice said on ABC's This Week:

    RICE: Well, Jake, first of all, it's important to know that there's an FBI investigation that has begun and will take some time to be completed. That will tell us with certainty what transpired.

    But our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous -- not a premeditated -- response to what had transpired in Cairo. In Cairo, as you know, a few hours earlier, there was a violent protest that was undertaken in reaction to this very offensive video that was disseminated.

    We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to -- or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo. And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons, weapons that as you know in -- in the wake of the revolution in Libya are -- are quite common and accessible. And it then evolved from there.

    'This Week' Transcript: U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice - ABC News

    Where is the lie?

  8. #78
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Newly released Benghazi documents reinforce that White House was pushing that vid

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Here is what Amb. Susan Rice said on ABC's This Week:

    RICE: Well, Jake, first of all, it's important to know that there's an FBI investigation that has begun and will take some time to be completed. That will tell us with certainty what transpired.

    But our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous -- not a premeditated -- response to what had transpired in Cairo. In Cairo, as you know, a few hours earlier, there was a violent protest that was undertaken in reaction to this very offensive video that was disseminated.

    We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to -- or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo. And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons, weapons that as you know in -- in the wake of the revolution in Libya are -- are quite common and accessible. And it then evolved from there.

    'This Week' Transcript: U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice - ABC News

    Where is the lie?
    The underlined.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Newly released Benghazi documents reinforce that White House was pushing that vid

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Except that they denied being involved with crafting the talking points.
    They may have, but that's hardly a major sin. We should all expect that the WH is involved in those. It really shouldn't be a question, should it?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #80
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Newly released Benghazi documents reinforce that White House was pushing that vid

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The underlined.
    Prove it.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •