Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 93

Thread: Magic Johnson reportedly interested in buying the Los Angeles Clippers

  1. #81
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Magic Johnson reportedly interested in buying the Los Angeles Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I covered myself in turkey gizzards and drove naked once. Does that count?
    Well, it's certainly closer.

  2. #82
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Magic Johnson reportedly interested in buying the Los Angeles Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    if people aren't calling for this guy to get drawn and quartered the left, with all their feigned indignation, assume people are defending this clown. In the great scheme of life, Sterling is a pimple on the ass of humanity but hardly a cancer or some other disease that requires a radical mastectomy

    I see lots of people who are trying to prove to each other that they are holier than thou with their faux screams for this man's head
    The race to righteous indignation to prove their tolerance is amazing to me.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  3. #83
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,307

    Re: Magic Johnson reportedly interested in buying the Los Angeles Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    If that game took place today in the SEC (college football) between Alabama and LSU, it'd be hyped as the greatest defensive display in the history of mankind.
    That took place in NJ on 2/2/2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: Magic Johnson reportedly interested in buying the Los Angeles Clippers

    [QUOTE=Filthy McNasty; Can you tell us who these many cons you see that are not quite willing to say Sterling was a well known racist bigot? From what I can see all the well known ones, the usual suspects, are not doing that. In fact from what I can see, there is near universal agreement that the man is a racist. I mentioned in my comments above that I have family in Seattle, and they are all hoping the Clippers get sold and brought their way. I heard just the same sentiment expressed yesterday on the Michael Medved (sp) show, who lives in Seattle. If even the radio "cons" are agreeing the man is racist, then who are these "many" cons you are seeing doing the opposite? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

    I said the CONs in here who lined up to dismiss this as nothing new, a long known fact, and complain no one ever was upset until now. I want to say any thread about this has the CON deflection in the first two or three pages.

    I asked one CON about the statement he made about 30 some years of racist and sexual harassment claims against Sterling... but it appears the most anyone can find is a tenant dispute and a former Clipper Exec who lost his lawsuit before a jury. I found a man who claims that during a coaching position interview Sterling used the N-word but of course no witness and the man wasn't hired for the job so...

    I'd say there is a MUCH better argument that Sterling is a whore chaser, he has even sued a whore he kept to get the house he gave her back!

    Until the taped rant, there was only the word of someone vs a very rich man with a good legal team.

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: Magic Johnson reportedly interested in buying the Los Angeles Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    The race to righteous indignation to prove their tolerance is amazing to me.
    Guess it goes to show, no amount of money can stop an arrogant putz from being an ass. I reckon if you are an SOB to everyone on the way up, they are going to return the favor to the schmuck on the way down...

  6. #86
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Magic Johnson reportedly interested in buying the Los Angeles Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Guess it goes to show, no amount of money can stop an arrogant putz from being an ass. I reckon if you are an SOB to everyone on the way up, they are going to return the favor to the schmuck on the way down...
    Those rungs hurt when your falling down the ladder head first.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  7. #87
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,225

    Re: Magic Johnson reportedly interested in buying the Los Angeles Clippers

    I'd like to see Seattle get the Clippers.

  8. #88
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,307

    Re: Magic Johnson reportedly interested in buying the Los Angeles Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by laska View Post
    I'd like to see Seattle get the Clippers.
    As badly as Stern butt ****ed Seattle, that ain't gonna happen.

    Now Oprah has thrown her sizable portfolio into the ring, along with Geffen and Ellison as suitors for the Clippers. They will stay in LA..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Magic Johnson reportedly interested in buying the Los Angeles Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I said the CONs in here who lined up to dismiss this as nothing new, a long known fact, and complain no one ever was upset until now. I want to say any thread about this has the CON deflection in the first two or three pages.

    I asked one CON about the statement he made about 30 some years of racist and sexual harassment claims against Sterling... but it appears the most anyone can find is a tenant dispute and a former Clipper Exec who lost his lawsuit before a jury. I found a man who claims that during a coaching position interview Sterling used the N-word but of course no witness and the man wasn't hired for the job so...

    I'd say there is a MUCH better argument that Sterling is a whore chaser, he has even sued a whore he kept to get the house he gave her back!

    Until the taped rant, there was only the word of someone vs a very rich man with a good legal team.
    So you can't name even one "con" who was doing as you said. Not even one. Which is what I thought, you can't name any "cons" that are not willing to say Sterling is not a well known racist and bigot. Your claim was, "many CONs are trying to dismiss the rant as 'old news' because they now are quite willing to say Sterling was a well known racist and bigot." Not that some "CONs in here who lined up to dismiss this as nothing new, a long known fact, and complain no one ever was upset until now."

    WHO in here? And how did you arrive at there are MANY when you can't name one? One obvious answer is hyperbole.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Magic Johnson reportedly interested in buying the Los Angeles Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Magic Johnson reportedly interested in buying the Los Angeles*Clippers | The Point Forward - SI.com


    With Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling’s racist remarks coming to light over the weekend, the emphasis has now shifted to “what’s next” for the controversial owner and his distracted franchise.

    One of the biggest discussions has centered around the future of the Clippers and whether the NBA and commissioner Adam Silver will force Sterling to sell that franchise. In that vein, Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports is reporting Lakers legend Magic Johnson and his ownership group are interested in buying the team if Sterling is forced (or chooses) to sell:

    Magic Johnson and his billionaire backers, the Guggenheim Partners, want a chance to purchase the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources told Yahoo Sports. “Magic’s absolutely interested,” one source closely connected to Johnson’s business interests told Yahoo Sports on Sunday night


    Hmmm, GF last seen taking pictures with Magic Johnson...
    .
    Can you say conflict of interest?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •