Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 109 of 109

Thread: Report shows violence against rangers rising, sequestration likely to worsen

  1. #101
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Report shows violence against rangers rising, sequestration likely to worsen

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    They tried the due process, court of law thing for twenty years. Why don't you tell us how much more leeway a man gets before his door gets kicked in?
    The man only had a problem with paying fee's to the government when it started cutting into his profit. The guy is full of cow poop. He was only a constitutionalist after he could no longer make big profits off land he did not own.

    It does not surprise me that gun nuts around the country are trying to turn this into a fight though. Anything they can find, weather they truly support the underlying cause or not, they will support it if it is against the government.

    Personally, I think much of the disdain is residual from the civil war. When you really look at the malitia culture, you tend to find that the only difference between the 1860's and now are that you can re-use beer cans for target practice instead of those pesky glass bottles that only allow for one shot.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  2. #102
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Report shows violence against rangers rising, sequestration likely to worsen

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    The man only had a problem with paying fee's to the government when it started cutting into his profit. The guy is full of cow poop. He was only a constitutionalist after he could no longer make big profits off land he did not own.

    It does not surprise me that gun nuts around the country are trying to turn this into a fight though. Anything they can find, weather they truly support the underlying cause or not, they will support it if it is against the government.

    Personally, I think much of the disdain is residual from the civil war. When you really look at the malitia culture, you tend to find that the only difference between the 1860's and now are that you can re-use beer cans for target practice instead of those pesky glass bottles that only allow for one shot.
    Interesting post. Reminds me of those tea party people who claimed they wanted to take their country back, and it made me wonder, back to what?

  3. #103
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Report shows violence against rangers rising, sequestration likely to worsen

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    Those people are as just crazy as the ones wishing to harm government workers. Why harm someone just because it's their job to cut down trees? They do not change bureaucratic ways over night and neither does any one else for that matter. But, keeping to the same idea, it's just as crazy to be harming a government worker just doing his/her job too.
    Exactly, government can't change policy by the threat against government workers in the field, that'd be like holding a gun to someone's head and making demands, held hostage if you will, or so to speak.

  4. #104
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Report shows violence against rangers rising, sequestration likely to worsen

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    The KGB were just doing their jobs too...
    If you equate the Forrest service with the KGB secret police, then do you feel the Forrest service is syping on individuals?


  5. #105
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Report shows violence against rangers rising, sequestration likely to worsen

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    If you equate the Forrest service with the KGB secret police, then do you feel the Forrest service is syping on individuals?
    Well Texan, they might slightly. When our vehicle broke down in the Gila national forest in New Mexico, we sat there for 18 1/2 hours before a Forest Service LE officer came to our rescue. While chatting with him before he summoned help for us, I did notice a pair of binoculars lying on his front seat.

  6. #106
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Report shows violence against rangers rising, sequestration likely to worsen

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Well Texan, they might slightly. When our vehicle broke down in the Gila national forest in New Mexico, we sat there for 18 1/2 hours before a Forest Service LE officer came to our rescue. While chatting with him before he summoned help for us, I did notice a pair of binoculars lying on his front seat.
    that is a lot of territory to cover. Fires in the Gila are not unheard of.

    gila-national-forest-wildfire.jpg


  7. #107
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Report shows violence against rangers rising, sequestration likely to worsen

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    Not advocating violence against these BLM and Forest Service workers, but these folks should spend more time doing something about the thousands of illegal pot growers operated by Mexican drug cartels than they do hassling ranchers, loggers, miners and general outdoor enthusiasts---- in my opinion.
    I'm a general outdoor enthusiast who never has been hassled by rangers.
    And they do find pot "plantations" and shut them down.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #108
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Report shows violence against rangers rising, sequestration likely to worsen

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    that is a lot of territory to cover. Fires in the Gila are not unheard of.

    gila-national-forest-wildfire.jpg
    I was sort of referring to the spying thing you said about the forest service spying, but, since we want to talk about fires...


    a lot of action photos here;

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/gilaforest/

  9. #109
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,062

    Re: Report shows violence against rangers rising, sequestration likely to worsen

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    That was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but the point is that someone can be "just doing their job" and still be oppressing people.


    Do I think that, by and large, the average Ranger or BLM employee is equivalent to the KGB or engaged in oppression? No. Do I support indiscriminate violence against same? No.

    But as I keep saying (and you keep ignoring) there are REASONS why there is a push-back going on, and it involved Federal land grabs and numerous offenses against property owners in certain states, and heavy-handed Fed actions.


    The thing that ought to concern everyone is that we've reached a point where grievances against the People have caused some to start viewing any Fedgov agent as an enemy... and to recognize that the reasons why are NOT simply "militia are violent for no reason".
    Do you believe that the Bundy"s, the militia groups/the State rights faction/conspiracy fema camps nuts are legitimately addressing concerns about the BLM or are they just exploiting the BLM for a anti government agenda?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •