Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 227

Thread: Gun enthusiasts threaten woman for marketing 'safer gun'[W:196]

  1. #131
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Gun enthusiasts threaten woman for marketing 'safer gun'

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    A "safe gun" sounds like a oxymoron.
    Who can forget the vacuous Joycelyn Elders calling for “safer guns” and “safer bullets”?

    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Gun enthusiasts threaten woman for marketing 'safer gun'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    The problem is that ultimately, if this is not stopped, it will be neither the consumer nor the NRA that will get to decide, but government. The same government that nearly always sides with criminals and tyrants, and against honest citizens, any time the right to keep and bear arms is involved.
    So are you proposing a new gun ban? Because that's what it looks like.


    I'm not really convinced that citizens are any more honest than the government.

  3. #133
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Gun enthusiasts threaten woman for marketing 'safer gun'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    If the "gun enthusiasts" made reasonable explanations as to why the smart gun might not be a great idea, that would be one thing. These particular ones are resorting to nothing but thuggish intimidation and harassment.
    There is none so blind as he who will not see.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  4. #134
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Gun enthusiasts threaten woman for marketing 'safer gun'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    There is none so blind as he who will not see.
    Thanks for the contribution. Care to address what I actually said our just spout off platitudes?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gun enthusiasts threaten woman for marketing 'safer gun'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I think it all depends on how you behave when people disagree with you.
    I disagree with people on http://www.debatepolitics.com/gun-co...ll-w-60-a.html, how do you feel about my behavior towards them?

  6. #136
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Gun enthusiasts threaten woman for marketing 'safer gun'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    The problem is that ultimately, if this is not stopped, it will be neither the consumer nor the NRA that will get to decide, but government. The same government that nearly always sides with criminals and tyrants, and against honest citizens, any time the right to keep and bear arms is involved.
    We should ban blank rounds, since the government could just decide to mandate that all rounds have to be blank rounds.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #137
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Gun enthusiasts threaten woman for marketing 'safer gun'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    We should ban blank rounds, since the government could just decide to mandate that all rounds have to be blank rounds.
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #138
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Gun enthusiasts threaten woman for marketing 'safer gun'

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Sure they do, and I hope it is a massive failure because it's a very stupid idea that endangers people. This thing is the Ford Edsel of firearms.
    Not really a fair comparison. The Edsel wasn't a failure because it was in inherently bad product; it was a failure because the market for automobiles shifted in a different direction, at that time, than Ford anticipated. The Edsel was a big, elegant, luxurious car, at a time when consumers were trending toward smaller, more practical cars.

    Nevertheless, this “smart gun” is a product that more richly deserves the Edsel's fate:

    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Gun enthusiasts threaten woman for marketing 'safer gun'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I disagree with people on http://www.debatepolitics.com/gun-co...ll-w-60-a.html, how do you feel about my behavior towards them?
    I didn't see you on the page at all.


    Note to self...don't go to Georgia.

  10. #140
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Gun enthusiasts threaten woman for marketing 'safer gun'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Not really a fair comparison. The Edsel wasn't a failure because it was in inherently bad product; it was a failure because the market for automobiles shifted in a different direction, at that time, than Ford anticipated. The Edsel was a big, elegant, luxurious car, at a time when consumers were trending toward smaller, more practical cars.

    Nevertheless, this “smart gun” is a product that more richly deserves the Edsel's fate:
    And the Edsel's fate came about because people didn't buy the cars. If the smart gun is bad tech, people won't buy it.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •