Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 426

Thread: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

  1. #311
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Well, I don't want the wrong people interrogated, I'm good with those that have useful information. Let's get that info, the best way we can, and save lives. I don't think finger sandwiches and crumpets will do it, so let's keep it enhanced for our safety.
    Nor has anyone suggested finger sandwiches and crumpets, though one Iraqi US General did say he got far more intel by being nice than by being brutal. But, no one has suggested that. I do say if getting good intel effectively and consistently is your goal, torture is the wrong way to go about it. And the vidence supports me on that.

    That's not true at all, we didn't go to war because of some possibly wrong info. There were many reasons to go into Iraq. Violation of the cease fire, for one. Iraq fired on our planes enforcing the no fly zone. You can stop right there.
    It is quite true that a significant part of the intel used to go to war was false testimony from someone we torture. And the violation you mention was with the UN, and not the US. So, you can't use it as justification. The point is, we took that false testimony and made a show of it as rationale to go to war.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #312
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nor has anyone suggested finger sandwiches and crumpets, though one Iraqi US General did say he got far more intel by being nice...
    I think we can rest assured that "being nice" with these people, that are absolute scumb of the Earth, will not work. But, let's try everything, and use whatever does work.

    And the violation you mention was with the UN, and not the US. So, you can't use it as justification.
    No, those were our planes, our pilots being shot at. A clear violation and an act of war. No need to go any further. But, looks like we will just disagree on this.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  3. #313
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I think we can rest assured that "being nice" with these people, that are absolute scumb of the Earth, will not work. But, let's try everything, and use whatever does work.
    As I said, one US General disagrees with you and has evidence you don't have. That said, no one here has argued to be nice.


    No, those were our planes, our pilots being shot at. A clear violation and an act of war. No need to go any further. But, looks like we will just disagree on this.
    Planes they couldn't hit. So, of no consequence. But even despite that, the violation was with the UN. You cannot use it as justification.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #314
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    She might need a new heart too.

  5. #315
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    248

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    there is no definition of what a terrorist IS in the "patriot act", not a word about the guy being a male, Arab, whatever. If you empower the govt to do that, the decent to nazi type tyranny will be abrupt. Only fools and would be tyrants agree with torture. Guys will just lie under torture, and you waste resources checking their info. Why not just shot them and quite wasting time over them?

  6. #316
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Planes they couldn't hit. So, of no consequence. But even despite that, the violation was with the UN. You cannot use it as justification.
    As I said, we are not in agreement there.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #317
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    As I said, we are not in agreement there.
    No, we're not, but the singlular point is that we did use intel gained from torture that was incorrect. It was used in the rationale for war. It was false.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #318
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, we're not, but the singlular point is that we did use intel gained from torture that was incorrect. It was used in the rationale for war. It was false.
    Yep, to be clear, we are not in agreement on that, either
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Yep, to be clear, we are not in agreement on that, either
    That's probably because you have the facts on your side.

  10. #320
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Torture is immoral and diminishes America's standing in the world. I hope the christians on this board will take offense to water boarding being compared to baptism.
    tell that to those who died on 9/11...

Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •