Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 426

Thread: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

  1. #301
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Uh oh, you didn't get it. That's cute.
    Generally speaking it's considered pathetic to laugh at one's own comments. Desperate even. If the shoe fits...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  2. #302
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Generally speaking it's considered pathetic to laugh at one's own comments. Desperate even. If the shoe fits...
    Sure. Good for you! Let's stop playing ping pong, no one cares. Let's get back to the left's attacks on Palin, who they say doesn't matter, but can't stop talking about her. Shall we?
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It seems you are ignoring a report that contradicts his statements. Hey, whatever you gotta do to satisfy your bloodlust.
    My "bloodlust"?? You're really getting out there, Kobie!

  4. #304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That had already been admitted to. He protects them by trying to support it worked. But the more recent informations says, no, it really didn't.
    So it's a matter of who do you believe, right? Hmmm. I believe Panetta, as was first reported. The Senate was PR.

  5. #305
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So it's a matter of who do you believe, right? Hmmm. I believe Panetta, as was first reported. The Senate was PR.
    No. The report is when it was actually looked at. Such reports often carry far more weight than the director of anything. It's not a matter of he said he said. Remember, not Panetta, not Bush, not Rumsfeld, Not Cheney, not anyone has produced anything verifiable that they got from torture. So you have to take a huge leap in faith to accept their word, absent evidence.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #306
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,983

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Nothing like combining Christian baptism and torture. Hey but im sure it god all the wacko idiots at the NRA convention real fired up. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    She finally makes a great statement and you want to condemn it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #307
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So it matters when you were born??? I mean you must of had so much influence on the hypocritical fear mongering NRA...



    Naaa the NRA was influentialn in the early 30's and 40's. Mainly it just started to focus on sportsmen hunting and not this whole gun ho wild west ****. It wasnt until the mid to late 70's that it moved more and more right to become this "guns should be everywhere" ****. 1977 was the breakout year for the NRA when it decided to become this as far as i can tell "guns are cool" ****.
    you really don't know much of what you talk about.

    The Dems politicized the NRA by using Gun control as a shield against the valid charges that Dems-especially Dem judges were soft on street criminals

    you want to whine about the NRA because most of us in that group think socialism is a disease that ought to be flushed down the toilet. whining about guns is just a facade for what really upsets the loony left



  8. #308
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. The report is when it was actually looked at. Such reports often carry far more weight than the director of anything. It's not a matter of he said he said. Remember, not Panetta, not Bush, not Rumsfeld, Not Cheney, not anyone has produced anything verifiable that they got from torture. So you have to take a huge leap in faith to accept their word, absent evidence.
    Oh, it's worth a shot. They wouldn't be doing it if it didn't yeild results, right? These are awful, terrible, horrible people. So what if we pull out a fingernail or two (if we are even doing that) or somebody gets a wet face? If it saves my kids, or someone elses, then let's keep on keepin' on!
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  9. #309
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Oh, it's worth a shot. They wouldn't be doing it if it didn't yeild results, right? These are awful, terrible, horrible people. So what if we pull out a fingernail or two (if we are even doing that) or somebody gets a wet face? If it saves my kids, or someone elses, then let's keep on keepin' on!
    No, that logic doesn't really follow. They may well be doing it for a host of reasons. But you will find many in the military were responsible for bringing it to light, and cited that it didn't work. And we have had success using other methods. This is not an either / or type of proposition.

    But, lets be clear, those promoting it can give us one true and verifiable example of it saving a life. Those who don't support it can give verifiable examples of us getting and using wrong intel and having tortured the wrong person. And as some of that intel was used to take us to war, you can reasonably argue we lost lives due to what we got and used.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #310
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, that logic doesn't really follow. They may well be doing it for a host of reasons. But you will find many in the military were responsible for bringing it to light, and cited that it didn't work. And we have had success using other methods. This is not an either / or type of proposition.

    But, lets be clear, those promoting it can give us one true and verifiable example of it saving a life. Those who don't support it can give verifiable examples of us getting and using wrong intel and having tortured the wrong person.
    Well, I don't want the wrong people interrogated, I'm good with those that have useful information. Let's get that info, the best way we can, and save lives. I don't think finger sandwiches and crumpets will do it, so let's keep it enhanced for our safety.

    And as some of that intel was used to take us to war, you can reasonably argue we lost lives due to what we got and used.
    That's not true at all, we didn't go to war because of some possibly wrong info. There were many reasons to go into Iraq. Violation of the cease fire, for one. Iraq fired on our planes enforcing the no fly zone. You can stop right there.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •