Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 778

Thread: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My Games

  1. #761
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,244

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    i am sorry that you feel the need to support a racist.........
    I don't support the cuckold. I don't support racism. this is not racism. Those of you indoctrinated into the political correctness dogma need to learn the truth of what racism is.

    That said, what people are trying to do to him for being different should be criminal.

    Did you listen to all 15 minutes of the audio, or are you regurgitating what the talking heads are telling you to say?

  2. #762
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    What exactly do you consider racism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I don't support the cuckold. I don't support racism. this is not racism. Those of you indoctrinated into the political correctness dogma need to learn the truth of what racism is.

    That said, what people are trying to do to him for being different should be criminal.

    Did you listen to all 15 minutes of the audio, or are you regurgitating what the talking heads are telling you to say?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #763
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,244

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    What exactly do you consider racism?
    Well, it isn't this little fluffy stuff people today think it is. Racism is far worse than a few words said in ignorance. Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another. The closest Sterling came to this is pointing out that people.... damn, I forget his exact words, but he was effectively saying that others have certain expectations, and he wishes not to rock the boat. Not his words, but that's the point.

    His words were no worse than people in school not expecting cheerleaders and geeks to hang out together, or other classes of people hanging out together. Everyone does this. Everyone has a bias as to not wanting to associate with one group of people or another. It isn't anything as evil as racism, and to so casually use any form of "racist" for this trivial stuff does nothing but trivialize what racism really is.

    On the plus side...

    This has really exposed to me how many people here are ignorant...

  4. #764
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    So to be a racist comment he would have had to said something like, "negros are all on welfare because they are genetically inferior, lazy and not as good as whites."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Well, it isn't this little fluffy stuff people today think it is. Racism is far worse than a few words said in ignorance. Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another. The closest Sterling came to this is pointing out that people.... damn, I forget his exact words, but he was effectively saying that others have certain expectations, and he wishes not to rock the boat. Not his words, but that's the point.

    His words were no worse than people in school not expecting cheerleaders and geeks to hang out together, or other classes of people hanging out together. Everyone does this. Everyone has a bias as to not wanting to associate with one group of people or another. It isn't anything as evil as racism, and to so casually use any form of "racist" for this trivial stuff does nothing but trivialize what racism really is.

    On the plus side...

    This has really exposed to me how many people here are ignorant...
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  5. #765
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,244

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    So to be a racist comment he would have had to said something like, "negros are all on welfare because they are genetically inferior, lazy and not as good as whites."
    That would clearly be racist.

    You have to remember, this guy grew up in a Jewish culture, and his formative years were the 40's. He knows racism first hand as one to be discriminated against. Not as harshly as blacks, but far worse than you guys are implying because he doesn't want his girlfriend to be photographed with a black and broadcast to the world. He knows he a cuckold, and doesn't want photos circulating with his girl mingling in any personal way with his employees.

    If you were the owner of a business, would you like your girlfriend or wife to be seen with numerous employees? Photographed and broadcast to the world?

    Do you have a specific quote of his you would like to call racist?

    Here's one he said in his argument with her:

    "There's nothing wrong with minorities, they're fabulous."

    He did praise them on several occasions. I think you all need to remember that he simply was raised differently.

  6. #766
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Bascially you have completely defined away racism, but the ignorance still exist. What do we do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    That would clearly be racist.

    You have to remember, this guy grew up in a Jewish culture, and his formative years were the 40's. He knows racism first hand as one to be discriminated against. Not as harshly as blacks, but far worse than you guys are implying because he doesn't want his girlfriend to be photographed with a black and broadcast to the world. He knows he a cuckold, and doesn't want photos circulating with his girl mingling in any personal way with his employees.

    If you were the owner of a business, would you like your girlfriend or wife to be seen with numerous employees? Photographed and broadcast to the world?

    Do you have a specific quote of his you would like to call racist?

    Here's one he said in his argument with her:

    "There's nothing wrong with minorities, they're fabulous."
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  7. #767
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,244

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Bascially you have completely defined away racism, but the ignorance still exist. What do we do?
    Well, it helps to stop treating a bias of cultural perception as racist. The problem will never go away if people keep arguing incorrect points. Anyone who want to reduce racism as much as possible need to correctly define it. Correctly point out when it is a problem or bias against culture. What happens is we have a really high number of degenerates, coming from a ghetto culture. More of them are black than white, but all races exist within that culture. However, since it is blacks that cause more problems than other races from such cultures, it is actually understandable that people's instinct is to tread carefully until they know someone who is black.

    I'm not trying to make excuse, just pointing out a relevant fact. martin Luther king would also share my views that black people need to stop presenting themselves in such bad ways.

    How many basketball players are nothing more than thugs that made a skillful and lucky break into money? Now don't take my meaning wrong, I am not implying all blacks are thugs. I am only saying that a great number of them come from inner city cultures. I'm sorry, but people raised the way I'm pretty sure most are... I don't want to associate with any of them any more than I would white trash. Now I'm sure many of them are good outstanding people, but the public perception, which is the fault of black culture, makes me tend to feel most are not good people.

    I didn't say inferior... I said not good. Most blacks I have ever know are not acceptable to me because or moral standards. Quite frankly, I feel the same way about more than half the whites I know, but it's probably more like 80% or more blacks that i simply don;'t like their moral values.

    I'm probably rambling and not as coherent as I should be. I hope I got my point across. I have met plenty of great black people, in fact, my current girlfriend is black. She's funny... She broadcasts to the world, her words... "I don't like black people." It's the same thing as my point. The culture that most black people grow up in is simply a rather bad culture. Not their fault, but Jesus... When are they going to stop with the excuses that it's the white man's fault and take it upon themselves to better their own culture?

  8. #768
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    It will also be interesting to see how the left reacts in that he is a democrat and heavy $$ doner to the DNC.
    Sterling seems to have been a heavy donor to the NAACP.

    The NAACP today isn't the respected organization that it was twenty or so years ago. Today it's political radical left.

  9. #769
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Thanks for taking the time to explain your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Well, it helps to stop treating a bias of cultural perception as racist. The problem will never go away if people keep arguing incorrect points. Anyone who want to reduce racism as much as possible need to correctly define it. Correctly point out when it is a problem or bias against culture. What happens is we have a really high number of degenerates, coming from a ghetto culture. More of them are black than white, but all races exist within that culture. However, since it is blacks that cause more problems than other races from such cultures, it is actually understandable that people's instinct is to tread carefully until they know someone who is black.

    I'm not trying to make excuse, just pointing out a relevant fact. martin Luther king would also share my views that black people need to stop presenting themselves in such bad ways.

    How many basketball players are nothing more than thugs that made a skillful and lucky break into money? Now don't take my meaning wrong, I am not implying all blacks are thugs. I am only saying that a great number of them come from inner city cultures. I'm sorry, but people raised the way I'm pretty sure most are... I don't want to associate with any of them any more than I would white trash. Now I'm sure many of them are good outstanding people, but the public perception, which is the fault of black culture, makes me tend to feel most are not good people.

    I didn't say inferior... I said not good. Most blacks I have ever know are not acceptable to me because or moral standards. Quite frankly, I feel the same way about more than half the whites I know, but it's probably more like 80% or more blacks that i simply don;'t like their moral values.

    I'm probably rambling and not as coherent as I should be. I hope I got my point across. I have met plenty of great black people, in fact, my current girlfriend is black. She's funny... She broadcasts to the world, her words... "I don't like black people." It's the same thing as my point. The culture that most black people grow up in is simply a rather bad culture. Not their fault, but Jesus... When are they going to stop with the excuses that it's the white man's fault and take it upon themselves to better their own culture?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #770
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I don't support the cuckold. I don't support racism. this is not racism. Those of you indoctrinated into the political correctness dogma need to learn the truth of what racism is.

    That said, what people are trying to do to him for being different should be criminal.

    Did you listen to all 15 minutes of the audio, or are you regurgitating what the talking heads are telling you to say?
    Unlike you I don't react to this based on politics. Yes I have listened to this and knew about Don Sterling's racism long before this. He is a horrible person and the fact that the NBA doesn't want him part of their club is not criminal.

    Just because you don't think it is racism, I would rather ask those who have to deal with him regularly and I think I will take their word over yours, of and my own analysis.

Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •