Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 778

Thread: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My Games

  1. #741
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    I like how racists' "Freedom of Association!!11!!" goes out the window when a private organization doesn't want a racist among them.

  2. #742
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,304

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yep. as in all things, practicality trumps principle.....
    It is so easy to suggest to others they should give up their money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  3. #743
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    And that gives him an excuse to be a racist jerk? Goodness, MaggieD. I thought you were smarter than this. Stop trying to defend the indefensible. Donald Sterling may have grew up in an environment where racist was prevalent, but it's 2014 for goodness sake! "Let go of the hate already!" Geez!
    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Okay, let's assume that he was set up by her, was it right for him to say what he said? A lesson all of these multi-millionaires should have learned from Mitt Romney's 47% comment was "never say in private what you wouldn't say in public" and never assume that what you say in private will remain private.

    Bottom Line: He's a racist at worse, a bigot at best and someone who truly believes in "White Privilege" in the utmost. He can blame his racist/bigoted views on "the culture of Corporate America" if he wishes, but it's just an excuse for him being a jerk.
    Oh, I think what he said was horrible. My point is that he's an old fart. He's 80-something years old. His views, frankly, don't matter any more. This is nothing new for this guy, by the way. He's been a racist jerk forever. It's part-and-parcel of his generation. We know he's a complete nincompoop since he's with that 22-year-old bimbo. Probably has terminal dementia. Hard to get really worked up from a righteous standpoint about it.

  4. #744
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I registered as a Democrat at various times in my life. So that makes me a Democrat. Just like Ronald Reagan was a Democrat, and Hillary Clinton must be a Republican because she once registered as a Republican.
    wow he is currently registered as a Republican and that is irrelevant to the fact that he is a racist.....but keep trying to obfuscate....

  5. #745
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,036

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Oh, I think what he said was horrible. My point is that he's an old fart. He's 80-something years old. His views, frankly, don't matter any more. This is nothing new for this guy, by the way. He's been a racist jerk forever. It's part-and-parcel of his generation. We know he's a complete nincompoop since he's with that 22-year-old bimbo. Probably has terminal dementia. Hard to get really worked up from a righteous standpoint about it.
    Yep.......those who knew about his racism over his 30 years as owner of the clippers and looked the other way are just as bad as he is. As Kareem Abdul Jabar put it.....why the sudden outrage?

  6. #746
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Oh, I think what he said was horrible. My point is that he's an old fart. He's 80-something years old. His views, frankly, don't matter any more. This is nothing new for this guy, by the way. He's been a racist jerk forever. It's part-and-parcel of his generation. We know he's a complete nincompoop since he's with that 22-year-old bimbo. Probably has terminal dementia. Hard to get really worked up from a righteous standpoint about it.
    But don't you see, MaggieD...

    He's a multi-millionaire with a looooooooong history of discriminating against minorities because he firmly believes that his wealth, his influence, his prestige all give him the right to do it. Now, imagine how widespread this "culture in Corporate America" goes. Will you excuse every corporate executive who is 65+ for making racist remarks because their old? If so, get ready to kiss a lot of old, rich white ass!

    While there are some like you who are defending him, I say it's a good thing that he finally got called out. Not that I wish any harm upon him or that I envy his wealth. I just think it's right to call out racism - PERIOD! And frankly, we all should be glad when it happens (yes, votemont, even against Jesse, Sharpton, Charles Barkley and Pres. Obama [although I find it hard to believe a sitting President could every be racist])....makes the country a better place.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  7. #747
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    But don't you see, MaggieD...

    He's a multi-millionaire with a looooooooong history of discriminating against minorities because he firmly believes that his wealth, his influence, his prestige all give him the right to do it. Now, imagine how widespread this "culture in Corporate America" goes. Will you excuse every corporate executive who is 65+ for making racist remarks because their old? If so, get ready to kiss a lot of old, rich white ass!

    While there are some like you who are defending him, I say it's a good thing that he finally got called out. Not that I wish any harm upon him or that I envy his wealth. I just think it's right to call out racism - PERIOD! And frankly, we all should be glad when it happens (yes, even against Jesse, Sharpton, Charles Barkley and Pres. Obama [although I find it hard to believe a sitting President could every be racist])....makes the country a better place.
    I said I thought what he said was horrible. What else do you expect people to do?? Yes! He's racist! That's no surprise. He's been a racist forever. News flash. You don't have to be a rich old white guy to be a racist. There are plenty his age who are racist. But, remember. They're a dying breed.

  8. #748
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I said I thought what he said was horrible. What else do you expect people to do?? Yes! He's racist! That's no surprise. He's been a racist forever. News flash. You don't have to be a rich old white guy to be a racist. There are plenty his age who are racist. But, remember. They're a dying breed.
    Is it too much to ask that they simply do the right thing and not defend nor make excuses for people who do wrong? What Donald Sterling said wasn't a mere slip of the tongue, nor was it a result of some mental disorder. He said what he said because it's what's in his heart. It's what he believes. Unfortunately, what he believes, as well as his business conduct on race relations, is wrong! And now he's paying the price for his wrong doing.

    This wasn't race baiting. You could certainly call it a setup if you wish (and you'd get no argument from me), but he did himself in by just being a stupid, love-sick, racist jerk.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 04-30-14 at 11:17 PM.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  9. #749
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    And that gives him an excuse to be a racist jerk? Goodness, MaggieD. I thought you were smarter than this. Stop trying to defend the indefensible. Donald Sterling may have grew up in an environment where racist was prevalent, but it's 2014 for goodness sake! "Let go of the hate already!" Geez!
    Like Donald Sterling, I grew up in a very racist environment, where there were race riots in the schools, housing was very segregated, and people could get beaten to death for walking down the wrong street. That was my world too.

    But then I grew up. And it's not the same world anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #750
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Bet you without looking we can narrow it down to 4 or 5, but certainly 10. I am going to go look now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    You knew his political party would come up. It really hasn't anything to do with this whole event anymore than the state of his birth. As far as I know Sterling has never ran for political office but this all of sudden became important for some moron.

    But we knew some pointed head partisan hack would try to google his political party. I don't have time to go through all the posts and threads but who was the first partisan hack to jump on this?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •