Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 778

Thread: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My Games

  1. #451
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Two days later, and I saw a brief blip on this. I found the almost 10 minute audio and listened to it. He is arguing with his girlfriend about perception. Her taking photos with prominent black people. At points in the audio, he tells his young hot half Latino half Black girlfriend he doesn't care who she associates with in private, and talks like he is a cuckold. He just doesn't want her to keep putting pictures on the internet. It is his girlfriend that keeps making it a racist thing, and he keeps talking about perception.

    If she gets knocked up.... It makes sense that he doesn't want her sleeping with black people. He wouldn't be able to claim the child as his, and it would create yet another controversy.

    Ooooppppssss..... Too late...
    I did, too. Kind of makes me wonder after reading through this thread how many who have commented have actually listened to it.

    Apparently Sterling has a history of this sort of thing that is common knowledge amongst NBA insiders. This particular incident seems to be a case of his past no longer allowing him the benefit of the doubt because, like you, I couldn't really tell whether he didn't want her "hanging" with black guys because he was a racist or whether he didn't want her hanging with black guys because he didn't want her to be perceived as the gold digging whore that she obviously is.

    No matter though. I don't have the least bit of sympathy for him. "Cuckold" is soooooo freaking accurate!

  2. #452
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Mike Greenberg from ESPN says the owners have that right, and I trust him over you.
    Well, he is an idiot if he claimed it applied to the facts we know behind this.

    LOL...

    I can't resist...

    He is obviously doing something he isn't comfortable with, why...

    And wearing gloves?


  3. #453
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    How were liberals intolerent of the clippers' owner prior to his comments? How did they focus on him? Did they object to his owning a business, to his race, his relationship, his life style...how were liberals intollerent of him prior to his statement?

    What a bogus argument.

    by your rationale, RNC chair Rince Prebis, Sen. Rand Paul, and all the other Rebuplicans that denounced Cliven Bundy's comments are intollerent.
    You sure do assume alot.

    How many of these other statements are taken out of context?

    Now maybe there are some, but the first I ever heard of them are in this thread. I haven't seen any of them in enough detail to find the factual parts of them in context.

    I do know this as fact however. The liberal media and talking heads make "racism" out of anything they can when it comes to people of certain background. Because of that, and there very seldom accuracy regarding such facts, I know better than to believe their stories without investigating farther.

  4. #454
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    You sure do assume alot.

    How many of these other statements are taken out of context?

    Now maybe there are some, but the first I ever heard of them are in this thread. I haven't seen any of them in enough detail to find the factual parts of them in context.

    I do know this as fact however. The liberal media and talking heads make "racism" out of anything they can when it comes to people of certain background. Because of that, and there very seldom accuracy regarding such facts, I know better than to believe their stories without investigating farther.
    You said liberals were intollerent. now it's media taking heads...which is it?

    One should not make statements of fact, when they have none.


  5. #455
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    You said liberals were intollerent. now it's media taking heads...which is it?

    One should not make statements of fact, when they have none.
    When I said "liberal media and talking heads," to clarify, I meant "liberal media and liberal talking heads." Apply liberal to both as applicable.

  6. #456
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,480

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Let's just hope this doesn't destroy his marriage. It would be awful for 50 years of wonderful marriage to do down the drain just because of having a g/f on the side for 4 years.

  7. #457
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Let's just hope this doesn't destroy his marriage. It would be awful for 50 years of wonderful marriage to do down the drain just because of having a g/f on the side for 4 years.
    I lol'd.

  8. #458
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Let's just hope this doesn't destroy his marriage. It would be awful for 50 years of wonderful marriage to do down the drain just because of having a g/f on the side for 4 years.
    This made me laugh out loud.

  9. #459
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    When I said "liberal media and talking heads," to clarify, I meant "liberal media and liberal talking heads." Apply liberal to both as applicable.
    these are YOUR words.
    What ever happened to liberal tolerance for others, and respecting other people's culture?
    Now I know you say what you don't mean or have the slightest clue of what you post.


  10. #460
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    This is between him and his girlfriend, far as I'm concerned.
    This should have been the end of the thread. I still don't see why everyone is up in arms about this. If he was actively discriminating against someone, then I'd be right there with everyone else crying foul. But he made a private comment to his girlfriend, a comment one reasonably expects to remain private. He did not say it publicly, he's not championing this position publicly, he simply had an argument with his girlfriend.

    I have several friends who are black/minority. I find the man's words to be awful and incredibly racist. But, at the end of the day, as long as he's not discriminating against anyone, why should any of us care? Why are people not entitled to their opinion?

Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •