Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 778

Thread: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My Games

  1. #131
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    "FIND A WHITE RACIST!"
    There's no such thing as a minority racist because racism is about social power, which minorities do not possess in quantity sufficient to institutionalize or systemize. "White racist" is redundant.

    Important to keep in mind that there are just as many racists of every nationality in the United States and around the world.
    Are you promoting racism?

  2. #132
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    There's no such thing as a minority racist, because racism is about social power, which blacks do not possess in a socially significant quantity. "White racist" is redundant.

    Are you promoting racism?
    I don't buy that definition. Anyone who hates another race because it's another race, in my eyes, is a racist. Call me Maggie Webster.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    You changed the content and that was dishonest.



    Well what did he think? Did he think she was there for any reason but money? I think she set him up with a mix of some racism and a lovers quarrel. there is something in the tape where he sounds natural and she sounds like she is prompting with a plan for release.

    Do rich old men really believe uneducated young women with no personal ambitions that latch on are there for anything but money.

    She was using him and she set him up. yet he should not have said those things I get the impression he felt she flaunted other men as she used his wealth for her lifestyle. she sounds dumb and not so hot.

    She was as low as he to release the tape.
    I paraphrased and the thread is here for all to see. So I missed a few syllables big deal.

  4. #134
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I don't buy that definition.
    That's because you insist on ignoring sociological and historical factors. You think racism can exist purely in an individual, but it is a social construct.

    Call me Maggie Webster.
    More like 'Maggie Too Simple, Apologetic and Excusitory'. That's what your personal comprehension of racism is.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 04-26-14 at 09:14 PM.

  5. #135
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,878

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    you know Charles Barkley?

    Comments by Barkley nothing to laugh about - Baltimore Sun

    For the sake of argument, we'll take Charles Barkley at his word that he was joking when he said, "See, that's why I hate white people,"
    You have to take pretty much anything Charles Barkley says with a grain of salt. He's a professional troll.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #136
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,802

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    There's no such thing as a minority racist because racism is about social power, which minorities do not possess in quantity sufficient to institutionalize or systemize. "White racist" is redundant.



    Are you promoting racism?
    When did you ever think he wasn't?










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  7. #137
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,878

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    I paraphrased and the thread is here for all to see. So I missed a few syllables big deal.
    A few syllables which completely changed the meaning of his statement.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    .

    And no, Dion did not say "they are no more than slave owners." Dion said "he (Donald Sterling) is a modern day slave owner." If you're going to quote someone's hyperbolic comment, at least get it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    I paraphrased and the thread is here for all to see. So I missed a few syllables big deal.
    No you did not paraphrase you lied by changing the context and meaning. However that reflects on you and not me and it is all here recorded.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    There's no such thing as a minority racist because racism is about social power, which minorities do not possess in quantity sufficient to institutionalize or systemize. "White racist" is redundant.



    Are you promoting racism?
    So then apartheid was racist in south africa! according to your definition.

    You also do not have a clue what racism means.

    racism - Yahoo Dictionary Search Results

    racism
    Houghton Mifflin
    n.noun

    The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

    Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

  10. #140
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,878

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don't bring Black People to My G

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    There's no such thing as a minority racist because racism is about social power, which minorities do not possess in quantity sufficient to institutionalize or systemize. "White racist" is redundant.

    Are you promoting racism?
    That's absurd. Racist attitudes, when held by those with "social power," as you say, can become institutionalized, but that doesn't mean that a minority can't be racist on a personal level.

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    So then apartheid was racist in south africa! according to your definition.
    Um ... yeah, apartheid was racist.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •