Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 109

Thread: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

  1. #21
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Evening polgara!

    You're right, it should be embarrassing, unless maybe you're a democrat. Sababa blamed the problems on Republicans. So I guess there is no shame, just point and blame, "the Republicans did it!".
    You know, I just can't imagine when Republicans ever find time to sleep with all the things they are blamed for doing, bless their hearts. It's a difficult world when one side does nothing wrong - ever - and the other side does nothing but cause problems for the righteous Dems, who want nothing but the best for us! Someone is going to have to answer for this outrage!

  2. #22
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Statistically that makes absolutely no sense..
    Only to those that didn't read the article

    You claim there are "lots of reasons" but offer but one weak explanation and then write it off because Romney won.
    again read the OP's link you will be enlightened.

    I would have thought voter fraud is voter fraud, and this is voter fraud,
    no it is not....it is a common thing to have people on the active registry...which means there has been nothing to suggest they should be taken off, then actually exist. People move, die, etc and the government doesn't remove them from the role even if they registered in their new place.
    Unless there is evidence that someone voted under both registries then it is not voter fraud.

    Period, the puck is in the net
    sorry by not reading the link you didn't even get on the ice.

  3. #23
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post

    More liberal facts I guess.
    so I tell you to read the OP you are commenting on and complain about its facts as being made up.....that an name calling. This would be laughable if someone isn't going to use this non-story to restrict more voters.

  4. #24
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Obama stole the election through massive voter fraud.
    I feel bad for your departure from reality.

    And if it could be proven what could we do about it ?
    well we would arrest the people involve....but since it didn't happen I am not worried about it.
    Makes wonder if we're going to be surprised in 2014 when by some "miracle ' the Dems keep the Senate and take back the House
    Since Republican wins are all real but Democrats who win are cheaters..........

    I am worried that someone with such a conspiracy mind has a vote that counts the same as mine. You sound like all those people on that ancient aliens show.

  5. #25
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    I made a comment about your, and two other poster's comments being a liberal panty wad because it seemed like a partisan attack and was humorous to me; especially since the OP only listed statistics to go along with the article. Shoot the messenger thing...

    Sorry I hurt your feelings, sir!

    Attachment 67165274
    The OP actually had two links....one that explained why the stats exist....but like most on the right it was too difficult to deal with the facts.

  6. #26
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    The OP actually had two links....one that explained why the stats exist....but like most on the right it was too difficult to deal with the facts.
    You mean like your facts, its the Republican's fault there are more registered democrat voters than adults in some Alabama counties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  7. #27
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    You mean like your facts, its the Republican's fault there are more registered democrat voters than adults in some Alabama counties.
    Still haven't read the article from the OP.....

  8. #28
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    The OP actually had two links....one that explained why the stats exist....but like most on the right it was too difficult to deal with the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    Still haven't read the article from the OP.....
    I don't think you read the article. If so you need to go back and read it with greater comprehension.

    Two of these explanations are opinion, one is hearsay. No facts were presented in these explanations; no proof.

    He says he heard of instances where residents were suspicious of census takers and wouldn’t answer their questions.
    Don Milligan, president of the Alabama Association of the Boards of Registrars, also believes that census under-counting is a factor in some counties that have registration rates close to or exceeding 100 percent.
    Milligan said another possible factor is that people are not required to show any identification when they register to vote.
    The only fact is this, he then gave an example:

    Chaney also said some voters are listed more than once on the rolls because of the voter registration mandates for some public agencies. The National Voter Registration Act of 1993 requires all public assistance offices to offer people a chance to register to vote.

    For example, some people who are already registered to vote might register again when they go to apply for food stamps or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
    So why would an adult register more than once to vote?

    To dumb to know you can only register once?

    An illegal act by those who register voters?

    Incompetence?

    All of the above?

    You pick...

    4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population | AL.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  9. #29
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,139

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  10. #30
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    You mean like your facts, its the Republican's fault there are more registered democrat voters than adults in some Alabama counties.
    Of course it is! Republicans always strive to ensure that every Dem old enough to vote is registered to do so - it's a matter of concern that the Dems are so busy running the country that they just don't have the time to do it themselves that they even bother at all!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •