Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 109

Thread: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Statistically that makes absolutely no sense.

    You claim there are "lots of reasons" but offer but one weak explanation and then write it off because Romney won.

    I would have thought voter fraud is voter fraud, and this is voter fraud,

    Period, the puck is in the net.
    So do you have the results of the court case where the Republicans rose up in righteous indignation and sued to have all the election results set aside? Also, do you have data for how many registered voters there were in each of these counties at the time of the General election? You know, after the counties had purged their registration files of inactive and deceased voters?
    Last edited by Wiggen; 04-22-14 at 08:18 PM.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  2. #12
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Considering the average percentage of voter turnout in America was 58.2%...if you dont think those numbers in those counties stink to high heaven, you must be a...democrat.

  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Considering the average percentage of voter turnout in America was 58.2%...if you dont think those numbers in those counties stink to high heaven, you must be a...democrat.
    What does the number of registered voters have to do with voter turnout? Especially the number registered in March for a November election? Do you have data where the number of votes cast exceeded the number of voters registered? You do understand that counties purge their voter registration files in advance of a general election, don't you?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  4. #14
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    you two should read the link. There are lots of reasons this can happen. It is not sinister and the fact that they voter higher for Obama is irrelevant because Romney won the state by 22%. You realize that in person voter fraud is so rare and there is no evidence this led to that. In fact one of the reasons that the census numbers might be lower than registered voters is because....wait for.......the right wing loons who told people not fill out forms or cooperate with census takers. So the right wing loons create a situation and then complain about it. This is delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Your source talks about the census not being completed properly, so how did you come to this conclusion that it was voter fraud?

    Is having more voters than voting age population a sign that voter fraud could be taking place? Sure. Is it proof? No. Just like not having more voters than voting age population doesn't necessarily mean voter fraud is not taking place. The metric is not indicative one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    You ignored the obvious problem with underreporting in the census (remember when Michelle Bachmann was telling everyone to don't take part in the census?). You ignored all the other admin problems the article listed. All you cared about was "THE DEMOCRATS ARE COMMITTING VOTER FRAUD!!!!!"
    The liberal panty wad; gotta love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    you two should read the link. There are lots of reasons this can happen. In fact one of the reasons that the census numbers might be lower than registered voters is because....wait for.......the right wing loons who told people not fill out forms or cooperate with census takers. So the right wing loons create a situation and then complain about it. This is delicious
    This one is really special. So now its a right wing conspiracy? Blame the Republicans in Democrat majority counties in Alabama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Ah. You ignored all the many reasons why there are more registered voters than voting-age population
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    (note that I did not say "ACTIVE", because that's not what the article said - that's what YOU added).
    No, that's what the article stated:

    4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population
    If you will bother to read the article the possible explanations are speculation, but then again when does a liberal need facts? Let us all know when you can support your assumptions with facts. Until then, keep screaming "There is no voter fraud."

    These are your "facts" from the article.

    Richmond Chaney, a member of the Washington County Board of Registrars for 15 years, says he thinks the census probably under-reported the county’s voting
    He says he heard of instances where residents were suspicious of census takers and wouldn’t answer their questions.
    Don Milligan, president of the Alabama Association of the Boards of Registrars, also believes that census under-counting is a factor in some counties that have registration rates close to or exceeding 100 percent.
    Milligan said another possible factor is that people are not required to show any identification when they register to vote.

    This seems to be a verified fact though:

    Chaney also said some voters are listed more than once on the rolls because of the voter registration mandates for some public agencies. The National Voter Registration Act of 1993 requires all public assistance offices to offer people a chance to register to vote.
    4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population | AL.com

    Oh, and BTW where does the OP state the problem is caused by voter fraud?

    More liberal facts I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Obama stole the election through massive voter fraud.

    And if it could be proven what could we do about it ?

    Makes wonder if we're going to be surprised in 2014 when by some "miracle ' the Dems keep the Senate and take back the House

  6. #16
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Obama stole the election through massive voter fraud.
    Of course it wouldn't. Republican partisans feel entitled to win every election, and when they don't, fraud is the only possible explanation.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #17
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Indeed! Assuming we ever hear another word about it, because it's just so terribly embarrassing! ops:

    Greetings, Mo.
    Evening polgara!

    You're right, it should be embarrassing, unless maybe you're a democrat. Sababa blamed the problems on Republicans. So I guess there is no shame, just point and blame, "the Republicans did it!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    The liberal panty wad; gotta love it.



    This one is really special. So now its a right wing conspiracy? Blame the Republicans in Democrat majority counties in Alabama?





    No, that's what the article stated:



    If you will bother to read the article the possible explanations are speculation, but then again when does a liberal need facts? Let us all know when you can support your assumptions with facts. Until then, keep screaming "There is no voter fraud."

    These are your "facts" from the article.










    This seems to be a verified fact though:



    4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population | AL.com

    Oh, and BTW where does the OP state the problem is caused by voter fraud?

    More liberal facts I guess.
    You just dismissed my argument without making one of your own. I just asked why the OP came to a conclusion not mentioned in the article with evidence that falls short of proof.

    I'm kinda hurt

  9. #19
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Obama stole the election through massive voter fraud.

    And if it could be proven what could we do about it ?
    Perhaps you should contact Donald Trump and get a copy of his birth certificate while you'e at it?


  10. #20
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: 4 Alabama counties have more active, registered voters than adult population

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    You just dismissed my argument without making one of your own. I just asked why the OP came to a conclusion not mentioned in the article with evidence that falls short of proof.

    I'm kinda hurt
    I made a comment about your, and two other poster's comments being a liberal panty wad because it seemed like a partisan attack and was humorous to me; especially since the OP only listed statistics to go along with the article. Shoot the messenger thing...

    Sorry I hurt your feelings, sir!

    apocalypsenowduvallbottoms.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •