Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

  1. #61
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,407

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    No, his exact quote was "Miss Lerner, I note that you did not provide a written testimony for the committee. Do you wish to make an opening statement?"

    So what's your point?

    Was he supposed to say "Hey babe, you pleading the Fifth today"?
    I was referring to conservatives in general, just as you were referring to liberals in general.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Desperation mode? Really? What about the Easter Eggs? Come on man, you guys come up with new "proof" pretty much every day.
    "Oh" you still looking for the hard boiled Mak and going on about this.....what Lerner's own words that come out of her mouth wasn't good enough. Then her denial that such even took place.

    Cmon now.....no need to try play like SHAM-WOW.


    Just a few short days later on May 10, 2013, Lerner admitted and apologized for the inappropriate targeting of conservative tea party groups during an American Bar Association Conference after answering a planted question. Further according to Judicial Watch, "In an email to an aide responding to a request for information from a Washington Post reporter, Lerner admits that she “can’t confirm that there was anyone on the other side of the political spectrum” who had been targeted by the IRS. She then adds that “The one with the names used were only know [sic] because they have been very loud in the press.”

    In other words, only conservative groups were being looked at for criminal prosecution.....snip~


    Looks like they didn't boil the eggs enough.....huh? Left them short and runny. But let me guess.....you actually thought Democrats knew how to boil water without burning the pan.....Right?

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Whoa mama.
    Yeah Bubba.....you said it. Let not forget Obama getting rid of the AG who was investigating his Buddy Kevin Johnson too. You know the Mayor of Sacramento at the time.


    On April 9, 2013 during a Senate Judiciary Hearing, just one month before the targeting scandal broke, Whitehouse asked witnesses from DOJ and the IRS why groups that had possibly "made false statements" about their political activities had not been prosecuted. On March 27, 2013, just days before the hearing took place, Lerner described the purpose for the hearing to IRS staff in an email.

    "As I mentioned yesterday -- there are several groups of folks from the FEC world that are pushing tax fraud prosecution for c4s who report they are not conducting political activity when they are (or these folks think they are). One is my ex-boss Larry Noble (former General Counsel at the FEC), who is now president of Americans for Campaign Reform. This is their latest push to shut these down. One IRS prosecution would make an impact and they wouldn't feel so comfortable doing the stuff," she wrote. "So, don't be fooled about how this is being articulated – it is ALL about 501(c)(4) orgs and political activity."

    Lerner later acknowledged pursuing prosecutions of these groups would not fit well with the law.....snip~

  4. #64
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    I was referring to conservatives in general, just as you were referring to liberals in general.
    Which has what to do with the post you quoted?

  5. #65
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,407

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Everything.

  6. #66
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    Everything.
    No, I asked you what Issa was supposed to say to Lerner when he first addressed her, to which you replied something about Liberals and Conservatives.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    If she, the DoJ, and Obama didn't do anything wrong, why the need to plead the fifth? What's she running from?

  8. #68
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Tell me, what posts did I make in 2008 when that was happening?

    Considering I didn't join here until 2012, the obvious answer is "none".

    So not "rite back" at me on anything.

    Try again?
    Since you had no issue with painting the left with a broad brush, why should this bother you?
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  9. #69
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Since you had no issue with painting the left with a broad brush, why should this bother you?
    Can you read? I wasn't posting here in 2008 so there is no "ritebackatcha".

    Did the left melt down when those 2 refused to testify? Yes they did. Google it. I stated a fact.

  10. #70
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Can you read? I wasn't posting here in 2008 so there is no "ritebackatcha".

    Did the left melt down when those 2 refused to testify? Yes they did. Google it. I stated a fact.


    You get pissed when the right gets painted with a broad brush. Yet you have no issues with painting the left with a broad brush.
    I can read just fine, thank you very much.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •