Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 74

Thread: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

  1. #31
    Educator
    keymanjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    07-03-17 @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    Oh, I'm aware of it -- I've been following every bit of this case intensely.

    There's no there there.
    Then you clearly haven't been following this case.
    If there's no there there then why did lerner plead the 5th?
    11 Liberal Rules for Racism in America
    それは残念だよね?
    Obama is a clown in blackface. Oops! I misspoke. My bad.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,411

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Just for some fun, let's look at the last time Judicial Watch had themselves a 'splotion of smoking gotcha.

    It looked damning, by George.
    JW Obtains Records: IRS

    Cons carted around the JW article (and clones) 'round the web as if it was "the end!" for Lerner.

    she released confidential info-mation!!!11!!

    "According to Judicial Watch, the materials “from the IRS’ files sent from Lerner to the FEC containing detailed, confidential information about the organizations. These include annual tax returns (Forms 990) ..."

    and then implied what she be doing: against the law! .....Hilarious.

    Spookyworld continues: "Under Section 6103 of the Internal Revenue Code, it is a felony for an IRS official to disclose either “return information” or “taxpayer return information...

    Hot dammity! That sounds awful lawbreaky, donut?

    Notice those words in quotes. Except what was shown was not “taxpayer return information."


    I mean, look how confidential *this* ...erm, 990 return information is:



    http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive...Disclosure.pdf

    26 pages 'O 513 See Fun!

    Egg-faced aplenty, they be.

    Not going to hold my breath knowing how cherry-picky (and stoopid!) the right has been when it comes to We got the mid-level IRS employee now! game.

  3. #33
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Remember back in the day when the Repubs called themselves the party of morals and ethics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,411

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    Then you clearly haven't been following this case.
    If there's no there there then why did lerner plead the 5th?
    Because it's her constitutional Right (such a bitch our Founders would give us that Right, eh)

    Because they started out by convicting her before the hearings were even started.

    Because Issa runs a Kangaroo Court.

    That's for starters, there's more if you like, but I think a part of you knows this.

  5. #35
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    Because it's her constitutional Right (such a bitch our Founders would give us that Right, eh)

    Because they started out by convicting her before the hearings were even started.

    Because Issa runs a Kangaroo Court.

    That's for starters, there's more if you like, but I think a part of you knows this.
    http://oversight.house.gov/wp-conten...Memorandum.pdf

    Implicitly she waived her 5th amendment rights. The legal justification starts on page 9.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #36
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,411

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    http://oversight.house.gov/wp-conten...Memorandum.pdf

    Implicitly she waived her 5th amendment rights. The legal justification starts on page 9.
    I've read all that.

    No, she didn't.

    Just because the rabid republicans on that committee think she did, doesn't mean she did.

    Some pretty high ended Constitutional Scholars have weighed in and are certain she didn't.

  7. #37
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    I've read all that.

    No, she didn't.
    Well then you're ignoring the facts. If you can't accept the facts then I have no basis to discuss this topic further with you.

    I've also cited other cases which identified implied waivers of rights earlier in this thread. Not that you will, since you're much too partisan (ie., "rabid republicans") but it's there if you care to educate yourself.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #38
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    Then you clearly haven't been following this case.
    If there's no there there then why did lerner plead the 5th?
    Because anything you say...can and will be used against you.


  9. #39
    Educator
    keymanjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    07-03-17 @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    Because it's her constitutional Right (such a bitch our Founders would give us that Right, eh)
    I was just thinking the other day that, should I be charged with a crime, I will just plead the 5th rather than mounting a positive defense that ultimately proves my innocence and allows me to move on with my life.
    That is, unless I was guilty of the charges brought before me. THEN, I would plead the 5th.
    11 Liberal Rules for Racism in America
    それは残念だよね?
    Obama is a clown in blackface. Oops! I misspoke. My bad.

  10. #40
    Educator
    keymanjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    07-03-17 @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    I've read all that.

    No, she didn't.

    Just because the rabid republicans on that committee think she did, doesn't mean she did.

    Some pretty high ended Constitutional Scholars have weighed in and are certain she didn't.
    And, a liberal attorney that wrote a book on the subject.. But, you know more than him, right?
    11 Liberal Rules for Racism in America
    それは残念だよね?
    Obama is a clown in blackface. Oops! I misspoke. My bad.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •