Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74

Thread: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

  1. #11
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    this administration is one of the most corrupt i have seen in a long long time.
    Very simply, this is a reflection on you. In order to believe what you've typed one will have to assume you haven't been paying attention for the past 50 years or so. The only administration that hasn't been provably corrupt on some level is the Carter administration.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  2. #12
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,498

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    The fact is they were improperly targetted to begin with.
    actually if the information above is correct yes indeed it falls on the IRS and the DOJ.

    this administration is one of the most corrupt i have seen in a long long time.
    It does look like the targeting was improper...but that does NOT automatically mean that anyone above her was part of it, does it? Let's see first if anyone above her knew that there was any improper targeting first before we start accusing them.

    And btw, if this administration is the most corrupt you've seen in a long, long time, you must not be more than five years old...because Dubya's administration was MUCH more corrupt than this. Or do you not remember how his administration directly pressured the states' attorneys general to begin and conduct voter fraud investigations and fired some of those attorneys general who refused to do so due to lack of evidence....
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  3. #13
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,786

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    It does look like the targeting was improper...but that does NOT automatically mean that anyone above her was part of it, does it? Let's see first if anyone above her knew that there was any improper targeting first before we start accusing them.

    And btw, if this administration is the most corrupt you've seen in a long, long time, you must not be more than five years old...because Dubya's administration was MUCH more corrupt than this. Or do you not remember how his administration directly pressured the states' attorneys general to begin and conduct voter fraud investigations and fired some of those attorneys general who refused to do so due to lack of evidence....
    A little correction, the attorneys who were pushed to investigate voter fraud were federal attorneys, not state AGs. Some state AGs, all Republican of course, did investigate voter fraud but the ones fired were all federal employees
    And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  4. #14
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,654

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    It sounds very much like the IRS was investigating whether tax exempt groups were cheating the system in order to take advantage of CU and the superpac loopholes, found out they were correct, and asked if they should prosecute for fraud.

    That the culprits were mostly Tea Party does not fall on the IRS.
    Which groups have been prosecuted? What was the outcome? What was the basis for prosecution?

    Generally speaking it's preferable to have evidence of illegal activity before prosecuting. Of course, lacking such evidence, I suppose one could just hold the suspect organization in eternal limbo.

  5. #15
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Which groups have been prosecuted? What was the outcome? What was the basis for prosecution?

    Generally speaking it's preferable to have evidence of illegal activity before prosecuting. Of course, lacking such evidence, I suppose one could just hold the suspect organization in eternal limbo.
    If by "Eternal Limbo" you mean "Gathering Evidence of Illegal Activity Before Prosecuting".....I suppose you have a point.

  6. #16
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    What ever happened to the Easter Egg hunt? that is what I want to know.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,498

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    A little correction, the attorneys who were pushed to investigate voter fraud were federal attorneys, not state AGs. Some state AGs, all Republican of course, did investigate voter fraud but the ones fired were all federal employees
    Thanks for the correction - I appreciate that.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  8. #18
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    The fact is they were improperly targetted to begin with.
    actually if the information above is correct yes indeed it falls on the IRS and the DOJ.

    this administration is one of the most corrupt i have seen in a long long time.
    That is a determination that has not yet been proven. It is believed to have happened, It may have happened, but it has yet to be proven to have happened.

    I like to have a court ruling before I claim what is fact.


  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,614

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    It does look like the targeting was improper...but that does NOT automatically mean that anyone above her was part of it, does it? Let's see first if anyone above her knew that there was any improper targeting first before we start accusing them.

    And btw, if this administration is the most corrupt you've seen in a long, long time, you must not be more than five years old...because Dubya's administration was MUCH more corrupt than this. Or do you not remember how his administration directly pressured the states' attorneys general to begin and conduct voter fraud investigations and fired some of those attorneys general who refused to do so due to lack of evidence....
    I didn't say anyone above her did know but it means we need an inquiry as to how high this went and who knew what and who was involved.
    Holder by all accounts should be dismissed and not just over this but a whole list of other things.

    when you boss asks you to do something you do it if you don't then you can be fired. So they made a choice and lost their job for it.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,498

    Re: BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ......

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    I didn't say anyone above her did know but it means we need an inquiry as to how high this went and who knew what and who was involved.
    Holder by all accounts should be dismissed and not just over this but a whole list of other things.

    when you boss asks you to do something you do it if you don't then you can be fired. So they made a choice and lost their job for it.
    I agree we need to see how high it went...but Holder's a whole different issue - I see no reason why he should be dismissed...especially given what his predecessors in the Bush administration got away with.

    And the whole conspiracy theory about Lois Lerner asking her boss...if you'll look again, she asked if she could prosecute those who broke the law, and NOT whether she could target one side more than the other. The issue isn't whether one side or the other broke the law - the issues on how much one side was targeted more than the other.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •