Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 232

Thread: Walkout of Anti-Gay Event

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Walkout of Anti-Gay Event

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    It would depend....your scenario doesn't have enough facts. If it was a black man/panther who held very anti-white views and was speaking about that....then I think he would be the intolerant one. Bigotry has never been exclusively white.
    Ok let's come at this from another angle. Remember that toolbag kid who went to Florida and got his dumb ass tased? Was that justified, or should they have just let him keep making an ass of himself?

  2. #202
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Walkout of Anti-Gay Event

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Ok let's come at this from another angle. Remember that toolbag kid who went to Florida and got his dumb ass tased? Was that justified, or should they have just let him keep making an ass of himself?
    I don't recall the case.....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Walkout of Anti-Gay Event

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I don't recall the case.....
    You don't remember that kid? Clinton was there and the kid was just obsessed with asking him idiotic questions about Bush, creating a scene and eventually resisting? I'll find you a clip.


  4. #204
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Walkout of Anti-Gay Event

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    You don't remember that kid? Clinton was there and the kid was just obsessed with asking him idiotic questions about Bush, creating a scene and eventually resisting? I'll find you a clip.

    I think he got off easy
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Walkout of Anti-Gay Event

    Oops, I meant Kerry...my bad.

  6. #206
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Walkout of Anti-Gay Event

    I'm not sure what your question is? This doesn't really seem to fit in with the discussion we were having. With someone like this, whatever views they are espousing left/right...I think the people in charge of the forum have a right to at some point limit the agenda? I think you give people a couple of minutes and when it becomes clear that they aren't really there to participate in the forum, but rather there to perpetuate an agenda....I think they can be cut off.

    If the question is about police use of force....I think it has to be evaluated based on the situation. If the person is physically resisting and the police need to use a taser to control the situation and keep it grom escalating, then the use of force is justified.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Walkout of Anti-Gay Event

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I'm not sure what your question is? This doesn't really seem to fit in with the discussion we were having. With someone like this, whatever views they are espousing left/right...I think the people in charge of the forum have a right to at some point limit the agenda? I think you give people a couple of minutes and when it becomes clear that they aren't really there to participate in the forum, but rather there to perpetuate an agenda....I think they can be cut off.

    If the question is about police use of force....I think it has to be evaluated based on the situation. If the person is physically resisting and the police need to use a taser to control the situation and keep it grom escalating, then the use of force is justified.
    I'm saying that there isn't always just black and white. The kid was forceful. The police were forceful. Who's right? Depends on perspective.

    In the walkout, nobody was forceful. It was a private meeting, and a peaceful assembly. It was a family rights group listening to a family rights speaker, with a pro-gay group peacefully assembling and demonstrating, as per their Constitutional right.

    No side was wrong.

  8. #208
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Walkout of Anti-Gay Event

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I'm saying that there isn't always just black and white. The kid was forceful. The police were forceful. Who's right? Depends on perspective.

    In the walkout, nobody was forceful. It was a private meeting, and a peaceful assembly. It was a family rights group listening to a family rights speaker, with a pro-gay group peacefully assembling and demonstrating, as per their Constitutional right.

    No side was wrong.
    I didn't say that there is always black/white. My comment was that in many cases, however, there is situations where one groups is almost always right and the other almost always wrong. Bigotry is an example of this.

    In the situation of the subject matter of the thread, there absolutely was a right/wrong. The speaker spewing bigotry and hatred is no different than the bigots who spoke out against intergration or inter-racial marriage. Bigotry is never correct.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Walkout of Anti-Gay Event

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I didn't say that there is always black/white. My comment was that in many cases, however, there is situations where one groups is almost always right and the other almost always wrong. Bigotry is an example of this.

    In the situation of the subject matter of the thread, there absolutely was a right/wrong. The speaker spewing bigotry and hatred is no different than the bigots who spoke out against intergration or inter-racial marriage. Bigotry is never correct.
    Bigotry is multi-faceted. I've seen vicious hatred from gays against straights before. Hell, I've seen it on DP.

    One man's bigotry is another man's viewpoint.

  10. #210
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Walkout of Anti-Gay Event

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Bigotry is multi-faceted. I've seen vicious hatred from gays against straights before. Hell, I've seen it on DP.

    One man's bigotry is another man's viewpoint.
    Again....bigotry has never been exclusively white or straight or...... Gay people can be bigoted too. That doesn't change the fact that bigotry is not black/white....bigotry is always wrong. It is a waaaaaay oversimplification to claim that "One man's bigotry is another man's viewpoint". Bigotry is bigotry.....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •