Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 79 of 79

Thread: America Sends Missile-Destroying Warship Into Russian Waters.....

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: America Sends Missile-Destroying Warship Into Russian Waters.....

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    Conservatives have been banging the drums about how "Obama is too weak" .. now he sends a warship that is capable of intercepting any missiles Russia has in its arsenal and everyone is like "what a waste of time"... can everyone please make up their damn mind or is just a Obama did it, I hate it kinda thing?
    Okay you say just conservatives.....what do you consider Leaders of other countries? Oh.....and we aren't talking the opposition or enemies. We are talking direct allies.

    Did you want to call all of them Conservatives too? What about those in Defense and security analysis? Are all of them Conservative too?

    Do you think Obama repeatedly saying he is hitting the Reset button on his Foreign Policy. In each theatre of operations. Might actually be a clue?

  2. #72
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: America Sends Missile-Destroying Warship Into Russian Waters.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Okay you say just conservatives.....what do you consider Leaders of other countries? Oh.....and we aren't talking the opposition or enemies. We are talking direct allies.

    Did you want to call all of them Conservatives too? What about those in Defense and security analysis? Are all of them Conservative too?

    Do you think Obama repeatedly saying he is hitting the Reset button on his Foreign Policy. In each theatre of operations. Might actually be a clue?
    I'm speaking about conservatives on this website and specifically what maggie had to say as well as others in this thread.. where in what I said do you apply leaders from other countries? Do you think I give a damn what they think? I don't occupy that much of my life worrying about what defense and security analysts think or say, nor what conservatives or otherwise think in foreign countries. Do you normally go off on tangents about leaders from other countries when addressing questions that weren't directed at you?


    edit-

    And yes, in previous threads as well, conservatives have been beating the drum about Obama being too weak on this issue, yet when he sends a warship in they all claim its futile and pointless.
    Last edited by OnWisconsin; 04-17-14 at 12:01 AM.
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: America Sends Missile-Destroying Warship Into Russian Waters.....

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    I'm speaking about conservatives on this website and specifically what maggie had to say as well as others in this thread.. where in what I said do you apply leaders from other countries? Do you think I give a damn what they think? Do you normally go off on tangents about leaders from other countries when addressing questions that weren't directed at you?


    edit-

    And yes, in previous threads as well, conservatives have been beating the drum about Obama being too weak on this issue, yet when he sends a warship in they all claim its futile and pointless.

    Oh.....did you think that was going off?

    I addressed your rant about conservatives.....basically reminding you that it goes well beyond them. Now whether you care or not. It's not my concern.

    and yes.....It looks like you did miss some of those conservatives talking about no US Involvement. But then.....I wasn't surprised by it.

  4. #74
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: America Sends Missile-Destroying Warship Into Russian Waters.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Oh.....did you think that was going off?

    I addressed your rant about conservatives.....basically reminding you that it goes well beyond them. Now whether you care or not. It's not my concern.

    and yes.....It looks like you did miss some of those conservatives talking about no US Involvement. But then.....I wasn't surprised by it.
    I don't read every post that is written on DP. That would consume far to much of my precious time (quite like this argument). I did however direct my question at maggie, and not you. I don't need reminding, if its not your concern why did you feel the need to enter into a question that wasn't directed at you?
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: America Sends Missile-Destroying Warship Into Russian Waters.....

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    I don't read every post that is written on DP. That would consume far to much of my precious time (quite like this argument). I did however direct my question at maggie, and not you. I don't need reminding, if its not your concern why did you feel the need to enter into a question that wasn't directed at you?
    Its called a Political Forum.....and like you calling on Maggie. I came in and responded to your statement. Quite simple really.

    That's great you consider your time Precious.....but then around here when mentioning Obama. Then the change in the pocket gets revealed. Just sayin!

  6. #76
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: America Sends Missile-Destroying Warship Into Russian Waters.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Its called a Political Forum.....and like you calling on Maggie. I came in and responded to your statement. Quite simple really.

    That's great you consider your time Precious.....but then around here when mentioning Obama. Then the change in the pocket gets revealed. Just sayin!
    So someone can't call out conservatives on being hypocritical without "revealing the change in the pocket"?
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  7. #77
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: America Sends Missile-Destroying Warship Into Russian Waters.....

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    I'm speaking about conservatives on this website and specifically what maggie had to say as well as others in this thread.. where in what I said do you apply leaders from other countries? Do you think I give a damn what they think? I don't occupy that much of my life worrying about what defense and security analysts think or say, nor what conservatives or otherwise think in foreign countries. Do you normally go off on tangents about leaders from other countries when addressing questions that weren't directed at you?


    edit-

    And yes, in previous threads as well, conservatives have been beating the drum about Obama being too weak on this issue, yet when he sends a warship in they all claim its futile and pointless.
    Call me when Maggie becomes a conservative, will you? I myself haven't said anything yet, because I haven't decided what I think about this. So I guess that's one less conservative you can include in your little rant.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: America Sends Missile-Destroying Warship Into Russian Waters.....

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    So someone can't call out conservatives on being hypocritical without "revealing the change in the pocket"?

    Well you can call them whatever you like.....but at least get the part Right on who is saying what and not try to lump them all into one category.

  9. #79
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: America Sends Missile-Destroying Warship Into Russian Waters.....

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Call me when Maggie becomes a conservative, will you? I myself haven't said anything yet, because I haven't decided what I think about this. So I guess that's one less conservative you can include in your little rant.
    Didn't claim she was one, but you would have to go back and read her post and my initial reply to it. You are jumping into a conversation thats quite a few posts deep.

    My statement still stands. I've read numerous posts from conservatives on this website claiming that Obama was weak on the whole Russia issue for not doing more. Then after he sends in a Warship, some of those same conservatives are saying that it is pointless.

    Sounds to me like they just don't want to give Obama any credit for any action he takes. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened and I'm sure it wont be the last time, I was simply pointing it out for the record.
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •