Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: Union threatens Retribution for House Dems Opposing Keystone.....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Union threatens Retribution for House Dems Opposing Keystone.....

    This is great news......the Big Unions are going after the Demos and Obama. Not only for this pipeline.....but as told to the Hill, it includes O-care. Now that is fantastic. Democrats vs Democrats......all during this upcoming election. Cause by Obama and his delays over this matter too.


    A top building trades union is launching a midterm-election assault on House Democrats who oppose construction of the Keystone XL oil pipeline.



    A letter distributed Friday by the Laborers' International Union of North America (LIUNA) to the districts of 27 House Democrats calls for union members to make sure their representative "feels the power and the fury of LIUNA this November."

    "For every action, there is a reaction, and our reaction to this frontal assault on our way of life needs to be loud and clear. If you do not stand with us, we sure as hell will not stand with you," O'Sullivan wrote, noting the jobs Keystone would create for union members.

    LIUNA also sent letters to the House Democrats directly, dangling the 2014 election threat in front of each member. The Democrats on LIUNA’s hit list include Reps. Frank Pallone Jr. (N.J.), Anna Eshoo (Calif.), Raúl Grijalva (Ariz.) and Tim Ryan (Ohio).

    The push by LIUNA underscores the backlash President Obama might face in November if he punts a decision on the oil-sands pipeline past the election. The decision pins Obama between different factions in the Democratic base.

    The State Department is wrapping up its national interest determination of the project. That is expected to end by early May, allowing Kerry to send his recommendation over to the White House.

    Last month, the North America's Building Trades Union and LIUNA met with the American Petroleum Institute to press Obama on approval of the pipeline, linking the delay to broader anger at the administration within the labor movement.

    "Our anger doesn't just stop with Keystone XL," O'Sullivan told The Hill in March. "We are extremely angry about the Affordable Care Act and the fact that there is 12.8 percent unemployment in construction.".....snip~

    Read more: Union threatens retribution for House Dems opposing Keystone | TheHill
    Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Union threatens Retribution for House Dems Opposing Keystone.....

    The House Democrats that LIUNA is asking its members to punish include Reps. Rush Holt (N.J.), Mike Quigley (Ill.), Keith Ellison (Minn.), John Delaney (Md.), Jim Moran (Va.), James McGovern (Mass.), Chellie Pingree (Maine), Carol Shea-Porter (N.H.), Paul Tonko (N.Y.), Alan Grayson (Fla.), Kathy Castor (Fla.), Hank Johnson (Ga.), Steve Cohen (Tenn.), Jared Huffman (Calif.), Barbara Lee (Calif.), Mike Honda (Calif.), Jackie Speier (Calif.), Zoe Lofgren (Calif.), Sam Farr (Calif.), Judy Chu (Calif.) and Adam Schiff (Calif.), and Del. Donna Christensen (Virgin Islands).

    Read more: Union threatens retribution for House Dems opposing Keystone | TheHill



    Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

  3. #3
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,943
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Union threatens Retribution for House Dems Opposing Keystone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    This is great news......the Big Unions are going after the Demos and Obama. Not only for this pipeline.....but as told to the Hill, it includes O-care. Now that is fantastic. Democrats vs Democrats......all during this upcoming election. Cause by Obama and his delays over this matter too.


    A top building trades union is launching a midterm-election assault on House Democrats who oppose construction of the Keystone XL oil pipeline.



    A letter distributed Friday by the Laborers' International Union of North America (LIUNA) to the districts of 27 House Democrats calls for union members to make sure their representative "feels the power and the fury of LIUNA this November."

    "For every action, there is a reaction, and our reaction to this frontal assault on our way of life needs to be loud and clear. If you do not stand with us, we sure as hell will not stand with you," O'Sullivan wrote, noting the jobs Keystone would create for union members.

    LIUNA also sent letters to the House Democrats directly, dangling the 2014 election threat in front of each member. The Democrats on LIUNA’s hit list include Reps. Frank Pallone Jr. (N.J.), Anna Eshoo (Calif.), Raúl Grijalva (Ariz.) and Tim Ryan (Ohio).

    The push by LIUNA underscores the backlash President Obama might face in November if he punts a decision on the oil-sands pipeline past the election. The decision pins Obama between different factions in the Democratic base.

    The State Department is wrapping up its national interest determination of the project. That is expected to end by early May, allowing Kerry to send his recommendation over to the White House.

    Last month, the North America's Building Trades Union and LIUNA met with the American Petroleum Institute to press Obama on approval of the pipeline, linking the delay to broader anger at the administration within the labor movement.

    "Our anger doesn't just stop with Keystone XL," O'Sullivan told The Hill in March. "We are extremely angry about the Affordable Care Act and the fact that there is 12.8 percent unemployment in construction.".....snip~

    Read more: Union threatens retribution for House Dems opposing Keystone | TheHill
    Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
    Interesting, but I will have to see it. I mean the unions supporting Republican candidates. I doubt the union leadership will be very pro Republican. But time will tell.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Union threatens Retribution for House Dems Opposing Keystone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    This is great news......the Big Unions are going after the Demos and Obama. Not only for this pipeline.....but as told to the Hill, it includes O-care. Now that is fantastic. Democrats vs Democrats......all during this upcoming election. Cause by Obama and his delays over this matter too.
    And so you think Unions are going to vote Republican with all the anti-Union speak from the right? You're joking right?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Union threatens Retribution for House Dems Opposing Keystone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And so you think Unions are going to vote Republican with all the anti-Union speak from the right? You're joking right?

    Now where does it say anywhere in any of my posts that the Unions would support Republicans......what, the part about Democrats vs Democrats is confusing to you? Let me guess that is whats throwing you off on what the OP is about, Right?

    Does it bother you that the Unions are target the Democrats over Keystone? Or does it bother you more now.....that the Unions are against Obamacare?

    Is that why the left avoids the bad news.....deflects and then looks to make **** up on the fly?

  6. #6
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Union threatens Retribution for House Dems Opposing Keystone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Interesting, but I will have to see it. I mean the unions supporting Republican candidates. I doubt the union leadership will be very pro Republican. But time will tell.
    Hi Pero - maybe they're looking at primary challenges. But there's really no reason for unions not to support Republicans, particularly unions that are not wasting vast sums of union dues on Democrat politics.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Union threatens Retribution for House Dems Opposing Keystone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Hi Pero - maybe they're looking at primary challenges. But there's really no reason for unions not to support Republicans, particularly unions that are not wasting vast sums of union dues on Democrat politics.
    Evening CJ. Yeah and how did you like their statement about Obama's Care package? What part of that doesn't the left understand? Note their words. They are very angry about O'Care.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Union threatens Retribution for House Dems Opposing Keystone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Interesting, but I will have to see it. I mean the unions supporting Republican candidates. I doubt the union leadership will be very pro Republican. But time will tell.
    Evening Pero. What if it means.....not coming out to the polls for them. Or doing what the Tea Party is and backing some other Democrat instead of their incumbent?

  9. #9
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    Re: Union threatens Retribution for House Dems Opposing Keystone.....

    More meaningless twaddle.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Union threatens Retribution for House Dems Opposing Keystone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    More meaningless twaddle.
    Yeah we could tell by your response.....but then that's nothing new since you arrived here.

    Nice try on the spin job tho. Maybe you call those unions leaders and tell them....what they said is meaningless twaddle.

    Although.....I don't mind you libs denying reality at any time.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •