Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 162

Thread: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob0627 View Post
    If 9/11 was an inside job, the TSA, Homeland Security, the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act and a host of other POLICE STATE creations would follow naturally under pretext of "protection". Read the novel "1984" for a better understanding of how that works. The purpose of the TSA is not to protect anyone from anything, it is to get people used to a POLICE STATE environment where the Bill of Rights is discarded under the doctrine of giving up protection of individual rights in favor of security. After all, 9/11 is used as a pretext for nearly every single government agenda since 9/11. It isn't something that's difficult to understand.
    You're right, 9/11 has been the pretext for America's present stance on counterterrorism, intelligence gathering, domestic security, law enforcement, etc. You say these policies and actions are in place to desensitize and placate the U.S. population for the forthcoming police state. The converse of that is: a systematic failure resulting in thousands of civilians dying is met by hyper-reactionary politicians urged on by a scared populace, which has resulted in policies and actions being installed to cover every imaginable base from the scourge of terrorism. If it was the former, as you suggested, why wouldn't George W. Bush *still* be POTUS? His administration built the foundation for the reactionary policies we have with us today. So if the plan for America is a totalitarian police state, and George W. Bush's administration didn't drop the hammer even though they designed most of the apparatus, then what administration is going to benefit from de facto reign and authority, and if that's been the plan since 9/11, then why didn't Bush and his cabinet retain authority?

    I own 1984. What Winston Smith endured is akin to how the Soviet Union operated. For that brand of totalitarianism to become a reality in the United States, many more proverbial shoes would have to drop, namely, the confiscation of all civilian owned firearms, the loss of free choice/speech/movement/association/press, wide-spread disappearances of dissidents/opposition, no more entitlements or government assistance, etc. We're a long ways off from that bleak scenario.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    There was considerabel forewarning for 9-11. British, French, Israeli, German, and Russian Intelligence all warned the USA of impending action. This information was ignored either intentionally or unintentionally. The August PDB to President Bush also warned of impending attack. Ashcroft never flew public flights after July because of warnings. Israeli MOSSAD were in position and filming the attacks, caught, and subsequently released back to Israel.
    And…? 9/11 was not an inside job.

  3. #143
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,306

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    And…? 9/11 was not an inside job.
    Who'd a thunk it? Since 9-11 we have had energy wars in Iraq, Libya, Syria, Egypt, etc. and have allied with alQueda fronts as if we are doing something good. That would be saying War is Good. Death is Good. Chaos is Good. But don't get any on ya' here at home. Make good guy noises like only the unGodly die when we attack. He deserved it, he was a no goodnik. He hated us for our freedoms. They were throwing babies from incubators onto the floor. Anything there sound familiar?

  4. #144
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    other agencies all usa.

    afi, ai, fbi, cia cifa css ct dcia ds dia doe doa g2 inr mi ncs nga ni nic nima nro fsa nsc osp sad soc ssb usss whisc

    Index and dictionary of espionage spy terms and slang and a list of intelligence gathering agencies - ACRONYMS
    The CIA is the only agency that has agents, that can be put on the ground, around the world. If you abolish the CIA, another agency will have to takeover that task; which means you accomplished nothing by abolishing the CIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    11-11-15 @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,523

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    You're right, 9/11 has been the pretext for America's present stance on counterterrorism, intelligence gathering, domestic security, law enforcement, etc. You say these policies and actions are in place to desensitize and placate the U.S. population for the forthcoming police state.
    Actually no, the POLICE STATE is already here. Nearly everything in America is a crime (over 2.3 million incarcerated and more than 7 million in the system) and the Bill of Rights has been discarded in favor of legislation, Executive dictate and Supreme Court rulings from the bench heavily favoring corporatism over protection of individual rights.

    The converse of that is: a systematic failure resulting in thousands of civilians dying is met by hyper-reactionary politicians urged on by a scared populace, which has resulted in policies and actions being installed to cover every imaginable base from the scourge of terrorism.
    That's not the converse, that's the pretext.

    If it was the former, as you suggested, why wouldn't George W. Bush *still* be POTUS? His administration built the foundation for the reactionary policies we have with us today. So if the plan for America is a totalitarian police state, and George W. Bush's administration didn't drop the hammer even though they designed most of the apparatus, then what administration is going to benefit from de facto reign and authority, and if that's been the plan since 9/11, then why didn't Bush and his cabinet retain authority?
    Because Bush and his administration were only one tool for the shadow criminal cabal. If you noticed (or not), the Obama agenda is just a continuation and expansion of the Bush agenda.

    I own 1984. What Winston Smith endured is akin to how the Soviet Union operated. For that brand of totalitarianism to become a reality in the United States, many more proverbial shoes would have to drop, namely, the confiscation of all civilian owned firearms, the loss of free choice/speech/movement/association/press, wide-spread disappearances of dissidents/opposition, no more entitlements or government assistance, etc. We're a long ways off from that bleak scenario.
    Not every police state has to look like Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia or "Oceania". It can begin in milder form and advance to much more sinister form. I pointed you to "1984" because of the many parallels (endless war, NSA surveillance, curtailment of civil liberties, TSA warrantless searches, some of what you yourself described, etc.). A reading of the book should point all these things out to you. Did you miss it?

  6. #146
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    I don't believe that 9/11 was an inside job. There are many reasons why, like, why would the government create the T.S.A. if it was an inside job? I ask that because if it was an inside job, why create an agency that costs a lot of money with pretty much the sole reason for existence being to prevent other acts of terrorism in our skies. It makes sense that 9/11 was a clandestine operation carried out by religious fundamentalists who martyred themselves for Allah, al Qaeda and because they perceived the U.S. to be "the Great Satan." Furthermore, the U.S. is hyper-reactionary. Look at what happened after the Sandy Hook school shooting massacre: the half of the government in charge would have taken every single firearm owned by civilians if they could have gotten away with it. Anytime there is a massive problem in the U.S. our politicians hyperventilate.
    The government would create the DHS as a cabinet level agency for the same reason it created the Dept of Education as a cabinet level agency--to enhance the bureaucracy, plain and simple. Government grows, as we all know. A very expensive cabinet level agency is really good for growth in government, and the embellishment of government careers, GS types. DHS has proved to be very lucrative for those employed.

    It was an inside job because there are so many impossibilities with the official story. The official story is contradicted by all the facts, at every turn. No airplanes where there should have been, federal agents coercing testimony, impossible cell phone calls, impossible aerodynamic maneuvers, impossible events at WTC for an office furniture fire confined to 8 or 10 floors.

    And of course, the awesomely transparent coverup.

  7. #147
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,920
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    The government would create the DHS as a cabinet level agency for the same reason it created the Dept of Education as a cabinet level agency--to enhance the bureaucracy, plain and simple. Government grows, as we all know. A very expensive cabinet level agency is really good for growth in government, and the embellishment of government careers, GS types. DHS has proved to be very lucrative for those employed.

    It was an inside job because there are so many impossibilities with the official story. The official story is contradicted by all the facts, at every turn. No airplanes where there should have been, federal agents coercing testimony, impossible cell phone calls, impossible aerodynamic maneuvers, impossible events at WTC for an office furniture fire confined to 8 or 10 floors.

    And of course, the awesomely transparent coverup.
    Nonsense.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #148
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Nonsense.
    R u calling the historical record of the DHS nonsense, or are you simply in denial of facts?

  9. #149
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    You're right, 9/11 has been the pretext for America's present stance on counterterrorism, intelligence gathering, domestic security, law enforcement, etc. You say these policies and actions are in place to desensitize and placate the U.S. population for the forthcoming police state. The converse of that is: a systematic failure resulting in thousands of civilians dying is met by hyper-reactionary politicians urged on by a scared populace, which has resulted in policies and actions being installed to cover every imaginable base from the scourge of terrorism. If it was the former, as you suggested, why wouldn't George W. Bush *still* be POTUS? His administration built the foundation for the reactionary policies we have with us today. So if the plan for America is a totalitarian police state, and George W. Bush's administration didn't drop the hammer even though they designed most of the apparatus, then what administration is going to benefit from de facto reign and authority, and if that's been the plan since 9/11, then why didn't Bush and his cabinet retain authority?

    I own 1984. What Winston Smith endured is akin to how the Soviet Union operated. For that brand of totalitarianism to become a reality in the United States, many more proverbial shoes would have to drop, namely, the confiscation of all civilian owned firearms, the loss of free choice/speech/movement/association/press, wide-spread disappearances of dissidents/opposition, no more entitlements or government assistance, etc. We're a long ways off from that bleak scenario.
    Im sorry but its very obvious that at the very top Repub vs Democrat is a facade. Im sure the next president after Obama is going to be verrrry very bad, building on what bush and obama did.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  10. #150
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,920
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    R u calling the historical record of the DHS nonsense, or are you simply in denial of facts?
    I was referring to your second paragraph. DHS is merely an ugly bureaucratic mishmash.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •