Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 162

Thread: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    11-11-15 @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,523

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefgator View Post
    Fully agree with your last sentence.

    In light of that statement, your support of torture on suspicion of terrorism is astounding to me.
    Where do you get from my posts that I support torture of any kind?

  2. #132
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You exhibit your lack of knowledge of both the GC and interrogation techniques.

    The GC prohibits ANY coersion. Literally anything more than asking questions is illegal according to the GC.

    Second, physical violence is always the last resort. There are other approaches that you want to attempt first.

    And sure, the prisoner can lie, which is why you verify the information he gives you and if he is lying, you punish him for it.

    "Torture", is thousands of years old. Its been perfected. If it was really as ineffective as some folks like to claim, it would have stopped being used centuries ago.
    I am not an expert interrogator and I acknowledge my ignorance on the subject. But if torture is so old then it comes from the uncivilized times. I think we should be better than resorting to torture today.

    Besides no matter what you said, still you would be risking persecution from the GC.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  3. #133
    Educator
    Chiefgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lake Jem, FL pop:35
    Last Seen
    05-08-15 @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob0627 View Post
    Where do you get from my posts that I support torture of any kind?
    My mistake. I certainly apologize. I thought I was replying to Jack Hayes. The dangers of surfing with a phone...
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travellin' man, I have chalked up many a mile.
    Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and I've learned much from both of their styles!

  4. #134
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    And the only reason why that happened was because of 9/11. The U.S. had its nose broken on that day. The prevention of another attack became paramount regardless of human rights. The American people were shocked beyond belief and if there was another attack… it would not have been good, particularly if it was revealed that our military had individuals in custody that had pertinent information and we didn't get it from them.

    Exactly right--911 was the predicate act for all the atrocities of the GWOT, very much including the assault on the US Constitution brought by our illustrious elected officials. The Unpatriot Act, the nullification of Habeas Corpus and things like that.

    That is why it is so critical to examine the facts and details surrounding the attacks of 11 September.

    Funny/sad thing is a close examination of the facts and details reveals that the official narrative fails. It appears very much to have been staged, a modern false flag meant to project the illusion that 19 arabs with box cutters pulled it off. Ain't no way.

  5. #135
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Who cares? It could work, and I'm pretty sure I could get information from just about anyone, but in the event it doesn't, so what? One less bad guy to worry about.


    Tim-
    Isn't all this rage over waterboarding two people?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Exactly right--911 was the predicate act for all the atrocities of the GWOT, very much including the assault on the US Constitution brought by our illustrious elected officials. The Unpatriot Act, the nullification of Habeas Corpus and things like that.

    That is why it is so critical to examine the facts and details surrounding the attacks of 11 September.

    Funny/sad thing is a close examination of the facts and details reveals that the official narrative fails. It appears very much to have been staged, a modern false flag meant to project the illusion that 19 arabs with box cutters pulled it off. Ain't no way.
    I don't believe that 9/11 was an inside job. There are many reasons why, like, why would the government create the T.S.A. if it was an inside job? I ask that because if it was an inside job, why create an agency that costs a lot of money with pretty much the sole reason for existence being to prevent other acts of terrorism in our skies. It makes sense that 9/11 was a clandestine operation carried out by religious fundamentalists who martyred themselves for Allah, al Qaeda and because they perceived the U.S. to be "the Great Satan." Furthermore, the U.S. is hyper-reactionary. Look at what happened after the Sandy Hook school shooting massacre: the half of the government in charge would have taken every single firearm owned by civilians if they could have gotten away with it. Anytime there is a massive problem in the U.S. our politicians hyperventilate.

  7. #137
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,305

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    UBL wasn't a known terrorist?
    He was a CIA funded and armed "Freedom Fighter' in Afghanistan circa 1990. Is sumpin' slippin'?

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    11-11-15 @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,523

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    There are many reasons why, like, why would the government create the T.S.A. if it was an inside job? I ask that because if it was an inside job, why create an agency that costs a lot of money with pretty much the sole reason for existence being to prevent other acts of terrorism in our skies.
    If 9/11 was an inside job, the TSA, Homeland Security, the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act and a host of other POLICE STATE creations would follow naturally under pretext of "protection". Read the novel "1984" for a better understanding of how that works. The purpose of the TSA is not to protect anyone from anything, it is to get people used to a POLICE STATE environment where the Bill of Rights is discarded under the doctrine of giving up protection of individual rights in favor of security. After all, 9/11 is used as a pretext for nearly every single government agenda since 9/11. It isn't something that's difficult to understand.

  9. #139
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,305

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    I don't believe that 9/11 was an inside job. There are many reasons why, like, why would the government create the T.S.A. if it was an inside job? I ask that because if it was an inside job, why create an agency that costs a lot of money with pretty much the sole reason for existence being to prevent other acts of terrorism in our skies. It makes sense that 9/11 was a clandestine operation carried out by religious fundamentalists who martyred themselves for Allah, al Qaeda and because they perceived the U.S. to be "the Great Satan." Furthermore, the U.S. is hyper-reactionary. Look at what happened after the Sandy Hook school shooting massacre: the half of the government in charge would have taken every single firearm owned by civilians if they could have gotten away with it. Anytime there is a massive problem in the U.S. our politicians hyperventilate.
    There was considerabel forewarning for 9-11. British, French, Israeli, German, and Russian Intelligence all warned the USA of impending action. This information was ignored either intentionally or unintentionally. The August PDB to President Bush also warned of impending attack. Ashcroft never flew public flights after July because of warnings. Israeli MOSSAD were in position and filming the attacks, caught, and subsequently released back to Israel.

  10. #140
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,305

    Re: CIA's 'Harsh Interrogations' Exceeded Legal Authority, Report Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No there isn't.
    other agencies all usa.

    afi, ai, fbi, cia cifa css ct dcia ds dia doe doa g2 inr mi ncs nga ni nic nima nro fsa nsc osp sad soc ssb usss whisc

    Index and dictionary of espionage spy terms and slang and a list of intelligence gathering agencies - ACRONYMS

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •