Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: The less Americans know about Ukraine’s location, the more they want U.S. to interven

  1. #11
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Re: The less Americans know about Ukraine’s location, the more they want U.S. to inte

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What???



    Yes.

    The dots are where people who were surveyed think Ukraine is. What kind of moron thinks Ukraine is in the midwestern United States, I don't want to know.
    Just makes one feel so proud of our educational system. I would like to see a dot plot of those responding to the questionaire. I believe it would have real meaning.

  2. #12
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: The less Americans know about Ukraine’s location, the more they want U.S. to inte

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Do you know how representative sampling works?
    Do tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #13
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,863

    Re: The less Americans know about Ukraine’s location, the more they want U.S. to inte

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do tell.
    What is representative sample? definition and meaning

    A small quantity of something such as customers, data, people, products, or materials, whose characteristics represent (as accurately as possible) the entire batch, lot, population, or universe.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #14
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: The less Americans know about Ukraine’s location, the more they want U.S. to inte

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    The less Americans know about UkraineAmericans showing off their geographical knowledge again. I've got to think the people that thought Ukraine was within the US were pranking them though. Still, even the people who were "kind of close" were more likely to favor intervention if they got it wrong.

    EDIT: Should I clarify that I don't put this on "all Conservatives," or would it be more fun to watch it twisted into that?
    Yup. I know right where it is. It's right down the road from here. You just can't get there from here. You have to go to New York first.

  5. #15
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: The less Americans know about Ukraine’s location, the more they want U.S. to inte

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post

    The dots are where people who were surveyed think Ukraine is. What kind of moron thinks Ukraine is in the midwestern United States, I don't want to know.
    Or in the middle of Hudson Bay...I think they must have been punking it somehow. I wonder if there's a town in MO called "Ukraine" so some smartass picked that. There were a few instances of this when Putin invaded Georgia:



    As I recall there were even a few calls to call in shows from Atlanta saying that they didn't see any tanks yet...


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #16
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: The less Americans know about Ukraine’s location, the more they want U.S. to inte

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, do you have any info on who was polled and what parts of the country they live in?
    So you really want to go with the theory that it was a bunch of "dumb libbos?"


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,007

    Re: The less Americans know about Ukraine’s location, the more they want U.S. to inte

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    The less Americans know about UkraineAmericans showing off their geographical knowledge again. I've got to think the people that thought Ukraine was within the US were pranking them though. Still, even the people who were "kind of close" were more likely to favor intervention if they got it wrong.

    EDIT: Should I clarify that I don't put this on "all Conservatives," or would it be more fun to watch it twisted into that?
    I dont see the big deal. People are dumb, thats a given. They feel they need to protect others from perceived violence. Thats normal too. It doesnt really matter where they are or what the details are in how you feel about something.

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: The less Americans know about Ukraine’s location, the more they want U.S. to inte

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So you really want to go with the theory that it was a bunch of "dumb libbos?"
    Did I say that? I didn't. Did I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Tim the plumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheffield
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,253

    Re: The less Americans know about Ukraine’s location, the more they want U.S. to inte

    I'd like to point out that the map they are using does not have South Sudan on it.

    And some others, where is Montenegro?
    Last edited by Tim the plumber; 04-09-14 at 12:53 PM.

  10. #20
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: The less Americans know about Ukraine’s location, the more they want U.S. to inte

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post
    I'd like to point out that the map they are using does not have South Sudan on it.
    Maybe, but that doesn't exactly affect the location of Ukraine. I'm even willing to give it to the folks who picked Kazakhstan because it's vaguely the same-ish size and borders Russia to the South. I could see that mistake if you weren't paying close enough attention.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •