Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 165

Thread: Cop Pulls Gun On Kids Building Tree Fort

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Cop Pulls Gun On Kids Building Tree Fort

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Hard to say, seems we are only getting one side of the story.
    Was the gun "drawn and aimed" or just at his side in his hand?
    The kid said it was in his face...What does that mean to you?

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Cop Pulls Gun On Kids Building Tree Fort

    Officer "Dirty Harry" needs to have his badge shoved up his ass ...sideways...

  3. #143
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    Re: Cop Pulls Gun On Kids Building Tree Fort

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    No one has ever been shot by 11 or 12 year old boys, right?
    So... what you're saying is that cops should from now on pull their guns out on every 11-12 year old they encounter. Yes? I'm just not sure what kind of argument you're making. That cops should pull out guns on every demographic that has shot at them or that cops should pull out guns on 11-12 year olds they encounter?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Cop Pulls Gun On Kids Building Tree Fort

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    By that rationale, cops should be drawing on every conceivable demographic.
    If they have to, in a reasonable situation then yes. Dont like it, do the job yourself. Or we can be like England and the un armed cops can watch a man be decapitated in the street while waiting for the armed cops. Your choice.

  5. #145
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,962

    Re: Cop Pulls Gun On Kids Building Tree Fort

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Officer "Dirty Harry" needs to have his badge shoved up his ass ...sideways...
    The only time Dirty Harry drew his gun on a kid was when Scorpio was behind the kid and took him hostage. Just saying.

  6. #146
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,903

    Re: Cop Pulls Gun On Kids Building Tree Fort

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    If they have to, in a reasonable situation then yes. Dont like it, do the job yourself. Or we can be like England and the un armed cops can watch a man be decapitated in the street while waiting for the armed cops. Your choice.
    Because those are the only two options -- police state or mayhem.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #147
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Cop Pulls Gun On Kids Building Tree Fort

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    If they have to, in a reasonable situation then yes. Dont like it, do the job yourself. Or we can be like England and the un armed cops can watch a man be decapitated in the street while waiting for the armed cops. Your choice.
    No need to do it myself, or for him to do it himself. You see there are plenty of recruits and people ready to become recruits who can take this guy's place.

    You keep acting like there are only 2 choices when it comes to police. Love them and everything they do or hate them and everything they do. Believe it or not, there is a middle ground. This cop did not act appropriately.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #148
    Professor
    Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,674

    Re: Cop Pulls Gun On Kids Building Tree Fort

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    If they have to, in a reasonable situation then yes. Dont like it, do the job yourself. Or we can be like England and the un armed cops can watch a man be decapitated in the street while waiting for the armed cops. Your choice.
    Nobody was actually decapitated in the street in England, and no unarmed policemen watched this claimed decapitation. Fusilier Lee Rigby was brutally murdered by being run down with a car and subsequently stabbed to death in a cowardly attack by Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale. After Rigby was unconscious (possibly dead,) Adebolajo struck several blow's to his neck with a meat cleaver (reported as an attempt at decapitation). The only witnesses were several passers by, including Amanda Bailey, Gary Perkins and Gil Hicks - there were no police officers present. After the attack on Rigby, the two assailants deliberately waited for the police, scaring off the public by pointing a gun at them.

    Contrary to the claims of simply standing by and watching made by some Americans, the jury heard of the bravery of passers-by. CCTV footage showed one woman who stroked Rigby's lifeless body and others who talked to Adebolajo, despite him holding the cleaver.

    Both Adebolajo and Adebowale were shot (but not fatally) by the armed response squad, before being given first aid by these same officers.

    If you wish to justify your national firearms addiction, by all means do so using legitimate evidence and logic, but do not employ dishonest hyperbole at the expense of some other society.
    I hate the idea of causes, and if I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country. E.M. Forster

  9. #149
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,864

    Re: Cop Pulls Gun On Kids Building Tree Fort

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Well, we'll see. If you are correct then I imagine the policeman will be disciplined. Overall I'm just glad no one got hurt.
    Agreed.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Cop Pulls Gun On Kids Building Tree Fort

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Nobody was actually decapitated in the street in England, and no unarmed policemen watched this claimed decapitation. Fusilier Lee Rigby was brutally murdered by being run down with a car and subsequently stabbed to death in a cowardly attack by Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale. After Rigby was unconscious (possibly dead,) Adebolajo struck several blow's to his neck with a meat cleaver (reported as an attempt at decapitation). The only witnesses were several passers by, including Amanda Bailey, Gary Perkins and Gil Hicks - there were no police officers present. After the attack on Rigby, the two assailants deliberately waited for the police, scaring off the public by pointing a gun at them.

    Contrary to the claims of simply standing by and watching made by some Americans, the jury heard of the bravery of passers-by. CCTV footage showed one woman who stroked Rigby's lifeless body and others who talked to Adebolajo, despite him holding the cleaver.

    Both Adebolajo and Adebowale were shot (but not fatally) by the armed response squad, before being given first aid by these same officers.

    If you wish to justify your national firearms addiction, by all means do so using legitimate evidence and logic, but do not employ dishonest hyperbole at the expense of some other society.
    Firearms addiction? Hahahahahahaha

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •