Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 196

Thread: N.C. just found thousands of felony-level voter fraud cases

  1. #171
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    10,038

    Re: N.C. just found thousands of felony-level voter fraud cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Still yet; none of this suggests that conservatives are declaring voter fraud a "Conspiracy"_

    The vast majority of right-wingers simply believe too many left-wing voters are of low character_
    and therefore they shouldn't be given the opportunity to vote. Is that what you believe?
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  2. #172
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: N.C. just found thousands of felony-level voter fraud cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    and therefore they shouldn't be given the opportunity to vote. Is that what you believe?
    Nope; I believe a Voter ID Law should be passed immediately if not sooner_

    And anyone found guilty should receive a mandatory 5 year prison sentence and $25,000 fine_

    No Exceptions!

    This would pretty much put an end to Voter Fraud whether it's on the left or the right_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  3. #173
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    10,038

    Re: N.C. just found thousands of felony-level voter fraud cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Nope; I believe a Voter ID Law should be passed immediately if not sooner_

    And anyone found guilty should receive a mandatory 5 year prison sentence and $25,000 fine_

    No Exceptions!

    This would pretty much put an end to Voter Fraud whether it's on the left or the right_
    Yeah that would be a great way to end voter fraud all while perhaps increasing the highest incarceration rate in the developed world. [/sarcasm]

    The true problem with fraudulent voting actually making a difference is not individuals, who in almost every case was just being stupid instead of acting with criminal intents, but with those who control the voting machines. Every election, some computer science class shows us how easy it is to hack the machines and yet little is done to change things because it costs too much.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  4. #174
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: N.C. just found thousands of felony-level voter fraud cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Yeah that would be a great way to end voter fraud all while perhaps increasing the highest incarceration rate in the developed world. [/sarcasm]

    The true problem with fraudulent voting actually making a difference is not individuals, who in almost every case was just being stupid instead of acting with criminal intents, but with those who control the voting machines. Every election, some computer science class shows us how easy it is to hack the machines and yet little is done to change things because it costs too much.
    Hacking the machines is also Voter Fraud to which the law would equally apply except with the criminal counts multiplied many times, so a hacker could potentially receive what amounts to a life sentence for their crimes_

    A law is as much about deterrent as it is about punishment with the latter reflecting the seriousness of the former and Voter Fraud is a very serious crime against society and democracy_

    It is a categorical imperative that all people have absolute faith in their elections for democracy to be successful and flourish and anyone who attempts to convince you otherwise should be viewed with suspicion_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  5. #175
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,158

    Re: N.C. just found thousands of felony-level voter fraud cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Still yet; none of this suggests that conservatives are declaring voter fraud a "Conspiracy"_

    The vast majority of right-wingers simply believe too many left-wing voters are of low character_
    Ah. If "too many left-wing voters are of low character", then doesn't it stand to reason, then, that we would generally elect worse candidates and - by extension - blue states would be a lot worse off than red states?

    I'm really looking forward to your answer on that one....
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  6. #176
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    248

    Re: N.C. just found thousands of felony-level voter fraud cases

    oh, there's PLENTY of evidence to be found, all right. But nobody seems wiling/able to turn that evidence into people's ass in jail, where they belong.

  7. #177
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: N.C. just found thousands of felony-level voter fraud cases

    Why is that? Who is it that stops prosectuion? What eveidnce do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by ginwood View Post
    oh, there's PLENTY of evidence to be found, all right. But nobody seems wiling/able to turn that evidence into people's ass in jail, where they belong.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  8. #178
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: N.C. just found thousands of felony-level voter fraud cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Ah. If "too many left-wing voters are of low character", then doesn't it stand to reason, then, that we would generally elect worse candidates and - by extension - blue states would be a lot worse off than red states?

    I'm really looking forward to your answer on that one....
    You don't hafta be a rocket surgeon ta figure this one out Glen_

    They always vote for the Democrat because they promise them free stuff_

    And because of this low standard, they do indeed elect the "worst candidates" regularly_

    This is obvious by such things as blue state taxes, debt, entitlements and crime_

    The Democrat solution is the same for everything__Spend More/Raise Taxes/Buy Votes/Repeat_

    Unfortunately the Establishment Republican Party is almost as bad as the Dems about wasting tax dollars_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  9. #179
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,158

    Re: N.C. just found thousands of felony-level voter fraud cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    You don't hafta be a rocket surgeon ta figure this one out Glen_

    They always vote for the Democrat because they promise them free stuff_

    And because of this low standard, they do indeed elect the "worst candidates" regularly_

    This is obvious by such things as blue state taxes, debt, entitlements and crime_

    The Democrat solution is the same for everything__Spend More/Raise Taxes/Buy Votes/Repeat_

    Unfortunately the Establishment Republican Party is almost as bad as the Dems about wasting tax dollars_
    Ah. So why, then, do red states have generally higher homicide rates, higher poverty rates, lower educational attainment rates, higher divorce rates, higher teenage pregnancy rates, lower percentages of health coverage, and lower life expectancies? On top of which, red states generally take in more in federal tax dollars than they pay out, whereas blue states generally pay out more in federal tax dollars than they take in.

    I mean, if blue voters and politicians are SO screwed up, then shouldn't that be reflected in the condition of the states themselves?
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  10. #180
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,087

    Re: N.C. just found thousands of felony-level voter fraud cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    Noooooo!

    This cannot be. The Obama administration has stated there is no voter fraud, so therefore it is not possible.

    These have to be racist investigators who hate Obama and have been secretly trying to undermine the entire Democratic Party and progressive movement, Hillary Clinton and Harry Reid's offspring through a secret cabal of racists and Tea Partying Sarah Palin loving terrorists. And that "Mexican" Ted Cruz, although there are no racists in the Democratic Party and have not been since shortly after they buried Lincoln....or something

    There can be no other explanation.
    ....."actually, throughout my life my two greatest assets have been my mental stability and being, like, really smart"

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •