Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 63

Thread: Democrats are the party of the rich in Congress

  1. #31
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    12-14-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    997

    Re: Democrats are the party of the rich in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Konig View Post
    I was parodying, don't worry
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Democrats are the party of the rich in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Democrats are the party of the rich in Congress | Early & Often

    So, people thought that republicans of congress, and that republicans in general were wealthy, not so, according to this report.
    Perhaps the reason is that most Democrats are lawyers, which is also why there has not been any tort reform. John Edwards is a great example.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Democrats are the party of the rich in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post

    Keep telling yourself that you're doing the work of Jesus by teaching the poor about personal initiative and responsibility.
    Quite right. We wouldn't want the poor to have initiative or any responsibilities. Jesus said so.

  4. #34
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Democrats are the party of the rich in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Perhaps the reason is that most Democrats are lawyers, which is also why there has not been any tort reform. John Edwards is a great example.
    Well, I have yet to see a "poor" politician. How about you?

  5. #35
    User CowboyBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    68

    Re: Democrats are the party of the rich in Congress

    It's no wonder.

    If they're basing their theory on districts it's because Democratic areas are more appealing. San Francisco, Minneapolis, New York are more desirable places to live than rural Mississippi or South Carolina.

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,346

    Re: Democrats are the party of the rich in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Konig View Post
    Lean: Socialist

    Bookmarked for reference for the next time liberals are accused of being socialists and claim that they never identify as such and that the connection exists solely as a rhetorical ploy by conservatives.
    If you support the US military, Social Security or Medicare you support socialism.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Democrats are the party of the rich in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Well, I have yet to see a "poor" politician. How about you?
    This isn't about me.

  8. #38
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Democrats are the party of the rich in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    The fact is that redistribution of wealth is a self-serving liberal scheme centered in greed and covetousness for other people's money, rather than exercising personal initiative and responsibility and earning it themselves. The lack of personal initiative and responsibility are hallmarks of the liberal left, which is why they want a government nanny to take care of them.

    Jesus said a man should reap what he sows, not what other people sow. And I stand by the rest of what was in the article.
    This is priceless especially coming from someone whose moniker is 'Logicman' of all things.

    Lets analyze the argument structure here:

    the greed portion:
    1. Democratic districts are typically richer.
    2. Democrats typically attempt to raise taxes on the rich (themselves) to pay for welfare services (redistribution of wealth)
    3. Therefore Democrats are greedy and self-serving

    ergo by you're logic, 'Logicman':

    The democrats are taxing themselves more to provide people other than themselves with assistance and are therefore somehow greedy and self-serving.

    The logic doesn't follow and your moniker is woefully misplaced.

    The logical conclusion of these two statements together negates the idea that this is either self-serving or greedy as they are willingly giving more of their own money (not greedy) to people other than themselves (as they're aren't the recipients of said money).

    As for the 'covetousness of other people's money':

    This is merely projection on the part of those people who habitually whine about having to actually contribute to and/or assist the society in which we live. The lack of personal initiative is a trait actually held by those that would rather do nothing about the poverty issue as opposed to those that are actually attempting something by trying to provide some form of economic stability to those in need. The mere idea of what you call redistribution of wealth (welfare services) is more about sustainable systems than anything else, welfare essential (from a macroeconomic level) is actually business welfare as those that receive it aren't hoarding it but spending it at local businesses thus providing economic activity where it wouldn't otherwise exist. This actually allows those industrious individuals who are attempting to take personal initiative by providing services to their communities to provide those services and hopefully thrive as well as providing basic nessesities to needy individuals. The vast majority of the poor grew up that way, basically without sufficient access to the resources that typically aids in successful assimilation into effective socio-economic activity. Welfare helps to alleviate that burden and attempts to provide the economic stability necessary to do such activities as attending college, trade schools or even perhaps taking that much acclaimed personal initiative and starting their own businesses which people like you claim to laud so fervently. The basic response of those that oppose this idea: 'Do nothing and let those without the ability to acquire the necessary resources fend for themselves'. If we were talking in terms of health care this basically amounts to: 'If you get sick suck it up no one is going help you.' Oddly enough the very same people are currently saying this as well. Ironically these people tend to claim to be Christian as well. Hell, I am an atheist and I am more Christian than those of you that belittle the poor are.

    HINT: Your 'covetousness other people's money' is observed both by your desire to take more from the economy than you put in (typical business model) and your desire to attain the financial status of others rather than to only attain only that which you actually need. No system is sustainable if the idea is to take out more than one contributes. Every single 'Law of Nature' exemplifies the fact that systems set up like this (our economic model) cannot sustain themselves indefinitely and will eventually implode.

    Essentially:

    Greed is a desire to hold onto disposable income rather than to provide necessities those in need.
    Self service is prioritizing one's own desires over the needs of others.
    Personal initiative is actually taking action on recognized problems as opposed to doing nothing about them. (There can definitely be a discussion on what the appropriate action could be but currently there is only one side trying to take action.)
    Responsibility is recognizing that we all need to work together and sometimes do things we don't want to do but have the ability to do.

    In short sir, you have drank way too much of the cool aid that suits your desire for any sort of rationalization of your own faults. People like you are selfish, greedy, lazy, and irresponsible. I for one am glad that people like you are a dying breed and that the current trend shows that generations are becoming more liberal and that your kind will eventually cease to exist.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,660

    Re: Democrats are the party of the rich in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Swit View Post
    This is priceless especially coming from someone whose moniker is 'Logicman' of all things.

    Lets analyze the argument structure here:

    the greed portion:
    1. Democratic districts are typically richer.
    2. Democrats typically attempt to raise taxes on the rich (themselves) to pay for welfare services (redistribution of wealth)
    3. Therefore Democrats are greedy and self-serving

    ergo by you're logic, 'Logicman':

    The democrats are taxing themselves more to provide people other than themselves with assistance and are therefore somehow greedy and self-serving.

    The logic doesn't follow and your moniker is woefully misplaced.

    The logical conclusion of these two statements together negates the idea that this is either self-serving or greedy as they are willingly giving more of their own money (not greedy) to people other than themselves (as they're aren't the recipients of said money).

    As for the 'covetousness of other people's money':

    This is merely projection on the part of those people who habitually whine about having to actually contribute to and/or assist the society in which we live. The lack of personal initiative is a trait actually held by those that would rather do nothing about the poverty issue as opposed to those that are actually attempting something by trying to provide some form of economic stability to those in need. The mere idea of what you call redistribution of wealth (welfare services) is more about sustainable systems than anything else, welfare essential (from a macroeconomic level) is actually business welfare as those that receive it aren't hoarding it but spending it at local businesses thus providing economic activity where it wouldn't otherwise exist. This actually allows those industrious individuals who are attempting to take personal initiative by providing services to their communities to provide those services and hopefully thrive as well as providing basic nessesities to needy individuals. The vast majority of the poor grew up that way, basically without sufficient access to the resources that typically aids in successful assimilation into effective socio-economic activity. Welfare helps to alleviate that burden and attempts to provide the economic stability necessary to do such activities as attending college, trade schools or even perhaps taking that much acclaimed personal initiative and starting their own businesses which people like you claim to laud so fervently. The basic response of those that oppose this idea: 'Do nothing and let those without the ability to acquire the necessary resources fend for themselves'. If we were talking in terms of health care this basically amounts to: 'If you get sick suck it up no one is going help you.' Oddly enough the very same people are currently saying this as well. Ironically these people tend to claim to be Christian as well. Hell, I am an atheist and I am more Christian than those of you that belittle the poor are.

    HINT: Your 'covetousness other people's money' is observed both by your desire to take more from the economy than you put in (typical business model) and your desire to attain the financial status of others rather than to only attain only that which you actually need. No system is sustainable if the idea is to take out more than one contributes. Every single 'Law of Nature' exemplifies the fact that systems set up like this (our economic model) cannot sustain themselves indefinitely and will eventually implode.

    Essentially:

    Greed is a desire to hold onto disposable income rather than to provide necessities those in need.
    Self service is prioritizing one's own desires over the needs of others.
    Personal initiative is actually taking action on recognized problems as opposed to doing nothing about them. (There can definitely be a discussion on what the appropriate action could be but currently there is only one side trying to take action.)
    Responsibility is recognizing that we all need to work together and sometimes do things we don't want to do but have the ability to do.

    In short sir, you have drank way too much of the cool aid that suits your desire for any sort of rationalization of your own faults. People like you are selfish, greedy, lazy, and irresponsible. I for one am glad that people like you are a dying breed and that the current trend shows that generations are becoming more liberal and that your kind will eventually cease to exist.
    Nope, it's you who's drinking the Kool Aid. As I've stated before conservatives give more to charity than do liberals. Plus they pay their taxes, etc. So if the conservatives want to hold on to the REST OF THEIR MONEY for whatever purpose, then it's no stinking business of the liberal left loons who year in and year out want more and more of their money.

    Why don't you liberals all go in together and give all the money you want and leave the rest of us alone?

    As for greed, who do you think votes for the liberal redistribution of wealth leaders? People who want free or cheap stuff. Greedy people. People who want a free education that they don't want to pay for themselves. People who want free or subsidized healthcare; who want food stamps, free condoms, and all the other cradle to grave entitlements. And I have no doubt that if they could vote to get other people's money they'd do that too.

    So enjoy your Kool Aid.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  10. #40
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Democrats are the party of the rich in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Nope, it's you who's drinking the Kool Aid. As I've stated before conservatives give more to charity than do liberals. Plus they pay their taxes, etc. So if the conservatives want to hold on to the REST OF THEIR MONEY for whatever purpose, then it's no stinking business of the liberal left loons who year in and year out want more and more of their money.

    Why don't you liberals all go in together and give all the money you want and leave the rest of us alone?

    As for greed, who do you think votes for the liberal redistribution of wealth leaders? People who want free or cheap stuff. Greedy people. People who want a free education that they don't want to pay for themselves. People who want free or subsidized healthcare; who want food stamps, free condoms, and all the other cradle to grave entitlements. And I have no doubt that if they could vote to get other people's money they'd do that too.

    So enjoy your Kool Aid.
    Okay. I'll bite.

    Would you care to define Greed, Self service, Personal Initiative, and Responsibility in your own words? And could you please explain how your position doesn't exemplify greed, selfishness, laziness, and irresponsibility?
    Last edited by Swit; 04-03-14 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Clarity

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •