Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 150

Thread: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

  1. #71
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Yes, and you don't get it. You couldn't even remember I had already told what my degree was in, you shouldn't be trusted with this information.
    So yes, you are left with dishonest posts which cannot address the substance of the argument. Well at least you can admit it. Fair enough, your opinions are discounted as you have admitted to being unable to support them.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #72
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So yes, you are left with dishonest posts which cannot address the substance of the argument. Well at least you can admit it. Fair enough, your opinions are discounted as you have admitted to being unable to support them.
    What? lol? Dishonest? Ask your representatives about it. Ya know...people that know.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Does it make you mad? I'm not the one calling myself a patriot while hating representative democracy.
    Did I call myself a patriot somewhere? I imagine you know of these things, so perhaps you can root through all that information you have at your disposal and find where I said such a thing. How long ago was it?

    I'm not sure why you mentioned representative democracy since what we are speaking of here and now isn't supported by the people.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    What? lol? Dishonest? Ask your representatives about it. Ya know...people that know.
    Blah blah blah blah, "ask your representative even though you will not be given the information, statistics, and proof necessary to properly judge the actions and platform of your Representative, thus breaking the Republic".

    Yes, I know the arguments of the tyrannical. I am merely asking if you have any proof of your arguments. If not, nothing you say should be taken with any amount of seriousness towards expert experience. If you're just a man trying to protect his lunch, then you'll say anything.

    Proof, do you have it?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #75
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Blah blah blah blah, "ask your representative even though you will not be given the information, statistics, and proof necessary to properly judge the actions and platform of your Representative, thus breaking the Republic".

    Yes, I know the arguments of the tyrannical. I am merely asking if you have any proof of your arguments. If not, nothing you say should be taken with any amount of seriousness towards expert experience. If you're just a man trying to protect his lunch, then you'll say anything.

    Proof, do you have it?
    You don't get to know. Sorry, dude. Whine about it some more. Dinner was great, btw <3
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  6. #76
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    You don't get to know. Sorry, dude. Whine about it some more. Dinner was great, btw <3
    Ahhh, so the "we keep the actions of the government secret for you and promote ignorance amongst the People in order to ensure that they cannot keep the Republic through informed voting" argument.

    Yes, that is what I have said from the start. You are interested in the Catch 22. We have Representatives that, so long as the public is educated towards the concerns and actions of government, we can control with some amount of intellectual certainly; but that you'll move to remove that education so that we can't. You can vote for someone else, but without the information it's just a crap shoot.

    Well at least you can admit your Catch 22, ignorance promoting, self aggrandizing ways.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #77
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Did I call myself a patriot somewhere? I imagine you know of these things, so perhaps you can root through all that information you have at your disposal and find where I said such a thing. How long ago was it?
    I never said you did.

    I'm not sure why you mentioned representative democracy since what we are speaking of here and now isn't supported by the people.
    But it is by the people's representatives. Ya know...the way the US government works.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    But it is by the people's representatives. Ya know...the way the US government works.
    Yeah, so?? They pass all kinds of ****. What makes you think that means anything to me?

  9. #79
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Ahhh, so the "we keep the actions of the government secret for you and promote ignorance amongst the People in order to ensure that they cannot keep the Republic through informed voting" argument.

    Yes, that is what I have said from the start. You are interested in the Catch 22. We have Representatives that, so long as the public is educated towards the concerns and actions of government, we can control with some amount of intellectual certainly; but that you'll move to remove that education so that we can't. You can vote for someone else, but without the information it's just a crap shoot.

    Well at least you can admit your Catch 22, ignorance promoting, self aggrandizing ways.
    Yeah, that's the way our government works. You don't get to know classified information just because you want to. Sorry! Still free to move, "slave".
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #80
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    But it is by the people's representatives. Ya know...the way the US government works.
    The way it works is through intelligent and educating voting. But you're actively trying to remove that.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •